Weekly Chat Thread, Oct. 5 - 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-05-2009, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello again, lovelies. I hope you are all doing well this week!

Weeks/Days along:
Appointments:
Symptoms:
Food:
Exercise:
Body changes and other milestones:
Thoughts:

If anyone wants to throw out a question of the week, go for it!

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#2 of 12 Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Weeks/Days along: I don't know! 17 something
Appointments: The sex revealing ultrasound is friday!
Symptoms: I feel like a small house, and if my bladder is full I waddle. I've never waddled in pregnancy.
Food: Yep, it's good. Last night veggie pot pie, today hot cocoa, strawberries, and raisin bran. About to serve left overs for lunch. YUM YUM!!!
Exercise: I've been improving I did some yoga last week, gotten a 20 minute the last 4 days
Body changes and other milestones: FREAKING HUGE
Thoughts: Sure I have lots of thoughts. I'm nuts. We're adopting 2 kitties for DS1's birthday. I'm shaving my head in march, freaks me out and excites me every time I think about it. I'm going to be bald when I give birth!

Share your ideas ladies, there are never too many questions!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 12 Old 10-05-2009, 03:30 PM

Weeks/Days along: 18 weeks today
Appointments: A couple more weeks until our next one
Symptoms: Feeling movement more often, especially in the evenings. Occasional heart burn, blech.
Food: Nothing new, still eating like I'm feeding 3 people (oh wait, I am )
Exercise: Daily walks, chasing a two year old. Still want to do some yoga and still haven't even put the DVDs in the player yet.
Body changes and other milestones: Starting to show more. I think it's becoming pretty obvious but I still haven't had anyone who didn't already know comment. I told some people at a class I take last week and they say they had no idea.
Thoughts: I went to the breastfeeding challenge here over the weekend and saw lots of tiny little babies. Makes me really excited to meet my little one. I had a major oversupply problem last time, but was hesitant to donate because I was told it'd just make the problem worse and my milk would never adjust properly. Thinking back on how much milk ended up being wasted (probably more than Meredith ever had herself), I think I may try this time. We'll see. I don't love that it gets pasteurized through the milk bank, but it's probably the easiest option if I don't know of anyone who needs it here and wants unpasteurized milk. Definitely better than nothing, that's for sure.

I'm feeling uncreative today. Most of my questions would be about where a birth was planned or who you wanted there with you at the time, but those may be better left until closer to the time.

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#4 of 12 Old 10-05-2009, 05:40 PM

Weeks/Days along:16+2

Appointments: Not till the 17th. and wow, i just realized that is less than 2 weeks away. when i first made the appointment it seemed like FOREVER away. but its just a normal prenatal appt. my gender ultrasound isn't till november 2nd. 21 weeks. the earliest they could get me in since the tech is only in once a week. grr. there is a possibility i could get in sooner, i have to call next week and find out if there has been any cancellations.

Symptoms: feeling like myself again. loving the second trimester. sciatic pain has started, but it isnt too bad so far. plus i'm constipated again. joy.

Food: ive been really gaggy when it comes to red meat lately. i only want chicken. so no real food cravings, just aversions.

Exercise: trying to get back on track.

Body changes and other milestones:
definitely feeling movement
still pretty infrequent, but i am loving the early taps and flutters.

Thoughts: i was finally able to find the heartbeat on the doppler myself. i just got it last week. its still pretty low down by my pelvis though. maybe thats why i am peeing so much still. baby must be comfy down there.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#5 of 12 Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Weeks/Days along: 18 w, 6 days

Appointments: None until next Wednesday

Symptoms: The uterus is feeling heavy, and even achey sometimes. But I'm feeling good! Super thirsty.

Food: Is good! Haha.

Exercise: Just running up and down stairs carrying children/ laundry/ vacuums/ etc., walking all over the place, sweeping, etc.

Body changes and other milestones: Feeling the baby a lot now. I even felt a kick with my hand today! (But, of course, by the time I beckoned DH over to feel, babe had stopped.) I'm growing by the minute. My uterus is well above my belly button.

Thoughts: I can't I'll be 20 weeks so soon. The last month and a half have flown by. Wowzers.

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#6 of 12 Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Weeks/Days along: 16 weeks

Appointments: Does a haircut tomorrow count? Had our US for a twin check last week; will probably now cancel the anatomy scan scheduled for 18w.

Symptoms: SI joint was crazy bad last night. I spent the day sorting through baby clothes now that we know the gender...sorting, folding, repacking, oxycleaned (with boiling water) some old spit up stains that came out. And oh how I paid last night. My SI has been pretty well behaved as of late, but last night I could literally barely walk from bed to the bathroom. Thankfully it was better this morning.

Food: Yes Trying to up my iron. Taking Floradix now too as my iron came back low end of normal range and I've been reallllly tired. I think it is helping

Exercise: will be more active now that we didn't see any sign of my subchorionic hematoma on my US Umm...at least, that's my story I would like to start doing some prenatal yoga but uh...not sure when that will happen.

Body changes and other milestones: My uterus is ridiculously big. It is a few inches past my belly button now. I *think* I may be feeling movement. I thought maybe it was a bit high but now with realizing my uterus is up pretty far and watching the US, I think it is possible that I'm feeling movement where I think I'm feeling it. Can't wait for it to be more definite and convincing Excited for the kids to be able to feel/see movement.

Thoughts: Feeling a wee bit nesty actually. We may be moving shortly after the new one is born (DH wrapping up his graduate school program and will soon be interviewing for jobs). I think the realization that we may have to put the house on the market and/or move in the not so distant future, as well as knowing things are crazy around here during the holidays (DD has a bday just before Christmas, DS's is 6 weeks after in February), I'm feeling the urge to finish unfinished projects, to inventory baby clothes and dipes, etc. Weird!? Maybe the floradix is helping my energy. Maybe I'm crazy. I'm really not typically any kind of organizing freak, but I'm getting itchy to get a bunch of stuff taken care of.
#7 of 12 Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 AM

Weeks/Days along: 15weeks 0d
Appointments: next week, at 16w1d
Symptoms: breasts are growing.
Food: still not much appetite.
Exercise: 5min yoga/day (does that even count?)
Body changes and other milestones: there is a bump, but I'm still able to hide it, I think --- still not telling, and certainly not at work.
Thoughts: please let those movements be noticeable soon!

proud mama of DS (April 03), DD (Oct 06), angel1.gif (March 09), DS (April 10), DD (Oct 12)

#8 of 12 Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Weeks/Days along:Um, I think about 18wks.

Appointments:Have an u/s on Friday and my 2nd appt w/ m/w, so we are excited about that.

Symptoms:Really hungry, especially in the morning.
Low energy though, maybe I will try to take some floridax.

Food:Yum!!

Exercisealking and chasing my kiddos around.

Body changes and other milestones:Tummy has popped a little bit more, and I am tired.
I can feel the baby move lots, which is great.
Am having BH contrax, kind of like cramps , tightening. I did not remember them this early on last time, so will ask about it on Friday

Thoughts:Need to get a pregnancy journal to record my thoughts in.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#9 of 12 Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 AM

Weeks/Days along: 18 weeks exactly

Appointments: This Friday with the midwife, then Monday for the anatomy scan

Symptoms: STILL SICK with hyperemesis.. after many medication trials and hospitalizations, I am not throwing up as much anymore. The past 3 days I have vomited once but done a fair share of dry-heaving. Besides the nausea, I have a pinched nerve in my back on the right side that causes some discomfort. Quite a bit of general lower back pain, too. I can handle everything besides the nausea!

Food: Whatever I can eat in that moment... protein shakes have been my recent savior.

Exercise: Some light walking when I am able to leave the house for short periods of time.

Body changes and other milestones: I definitely have a belly now! I am laying here on the couch looking at my growing belly and from this angle I look extremely bloated! I also started leaking some colostrum because sometimes I wake up with white crusties on my nipples. It's happening more regularly now so I might have to buy breast pads sooner than I thought. My breasts are about a cup size bigger. I have no idea what kind of bra to buy right now because I have tried almost every size and nothing fits properly. Still can't feel the baby move, but my midwife thinks it's because of my posterior uterus.

Thoughts: So sick of being sick. I have a good feeling that I am on the road to recovery, though. I have had a few decent days sandwiched between days of hell, so that gives me some hope. I will not be able to graduate this semester like I had prayed and hoped for due to my hyperemesis. I don't mean this in an entirely negative way, but being pregnant has been the most awful and difficult thing I have had to go through and I want so badly to feel better so I can be happy about this sweet little baby. I am hoping that by 20 weeks I will feel somewhat normal. My midwife is worried that all of the medications I'm on might change my risk status, meaning that she might not be able to continue care with me... This is a HUGE worry and I am going to post separately about it soon.

Happy excited Mama! Evelyn Isabel born March 12, 2010!
#10 of 12 Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM

Weeks/Days along: 16+tax
Appointments: got to hear that LOUD little heart beat at my midwife's yesterday and it was awesome. I was so hard to hear last time that all I could do was laugh when the sound filled the room this time. Going for my ultrasound on the 22nd and I have to remember to tell every single person we come in contact with at the appointment that we do not want to know the gender. I'm really excited to see this little bugger
Symptoms: still a little tired sometimes, having serious issues sleeping on my side/sleeping at all
Food: i like it...arroz con pollo for dinner last night and maybe again for lunch today
Exercise: school has kicked my daily bike ride in the ass, hoping to start yoga back up soon. i just have to find a class and some free time
Body changes and other milestones: I'm feeling the squirmer once every few days now and I now have someone else's boobs
Thoughts: I have been super busy for the past few weeks and this last Saturday, my husband was gone for the day and I totally forgot to eat lunch and then passed out doing my homework on the couch. When he got home and I woke up I went to start dinner and almost fainted. I had to sit down for like 10 minutes with an apple before my body and blood sugar returned to normal. It was awful and the first and last time I forget a meal.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#11 of 12 Old 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikelet View Post
Weeks/Days along: 18 weeks exactly

Appointments: This Friday with the midwife, then Monday for the anatomy scan

Symptoms: STILL SICK with hyperemesis.. after many medication trials and hospitalizations, I am not throwing up as much anymore. The past 3 days I have vomited once but done a fair share of dry-heaving. Besides the nausea, I have a pinched nerve in my back on the right side that causes some discomfort. Quite a bit of general lower back pain, too. I can handle everything besides the nausea!

Food: Whatever I can eat in that moment... protein shakes have been my recent savior.

Exercise: Some light walking when I am able to leave the house for short periods of time.

Body changes and other milestones: I definitely have a belly now! I am laying here on the couch looking at my growing belly and from this angle I look extremely bloated! I also started leaking some colostrum because sometimes I wake up with white crusties on my nipples. It's happening more regularly now so I might have to buy breast pads sooner than I thought. My breasts are about a cup size bigger. I have no idea what kind of bra to buy right now because I have tried almost every size and nothing fits properly. Still can't feel the baby move, but my midwife thinks it's because of my posterior uterus.

Thoughts: So sick of being sick. I have a good feeling that I am on the road to recovery, though. I have had a few decent days sandwiched between days of hell, so that gives me some hope. I will not be able to graduate this semester like I had prayed and hoped for due to my hyperemesis. I don't mean this in an entirely negative way, but being pregnant has been the most awful and difficult thing I have had to go through and I want so badly to feel better so I can be happy about this sweet little baby. I am hoping that by 20 weeks I will feel somewhat normal. My midwife is worried that all of the medications I'm on might change my risk status, meaning that she might not be able to continue care with me... This is a HUGE worry and I am going to post separately about it soon.

Oh- you poor thing! I am so sorry you feel so bad! That is absolutely awful. I am thinking of you.
#12 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Going to the m/w today for an u/s and a visit. I am so excited!!!
Hope to get a listen to the HB and a look at the baby.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page