Where is everyone at with weight gain and clothing? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm at 20 wks and have gained 7 lbs last time I checked. I did have the stomach flu and was sick one other time already so I have no doubt that if it wasn't for that I definitely would've gained more by now. My Dr. appt today will be the first appt where I've gained weight, last appt. I had lost 4 lbs! I'm glad to finally be gaining weight.
#62 of 66 Old 10-26-2009, 02:07 PM

I'm 19 weeks and have gained 35 pounds. Kind of a bummer, but not unexpected. I put on 65 and 70 pounds with my last pregnancies, but it all came off within a year. I'm positive breastfeeding helped with that.

Catherinepraying.gif traditional Catholic mama to bikenew.gifjammin.gifdiaper.gif wife to an amazing man.selectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

#63 of 66 Old 10-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjo View Post
Ahh, this is making me nervous. I've gained 15 lbs at 20 weeks. I have my first appt. with the midwife on friday so I'll see if she is concerned. I fit into tops that are long and one pair of jeans but most everything else is maternity- therefore I just wear the same clothes every day. lovely.

anj

edd 3.12 first
don't be nervous Everyone is different. Do be honest, I'm surprised there are so many of us that have gained very little weight by this time. It is a blessing, not a curse, to move into maternity clothes!!!!!! There are so many cute things out there, I love wearing them. I found some inexpensive items at OldNavy.com and my local consignment shop. I bought a Pea in the Pod sweater for $6 and a Gap wool winter coat for $35!

Threads like this make me nervous, because inevitably comes the comparisons and I think that is really unhealthy. What matters is your own pregnancy experience and the amazing wonderful changes happening to your body. So many women are prevented from loving their pregnant bodies because of hangups about "being fat" and worrying about weight gain. Let go and enjoy it!!!

Catherinepraying.gif traditional Catholic mama to bikenew.gifjammin.gifdiaper.gif wife to an amazing man.selectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

#64 of 66 Old 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Today was my 21 week appointment, and I weighed a pound less than I did at my 8 week appointment. This is good, since I started out obese.
#65 of 66 Old 10-26-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
Aww. thanks. He seriously looked like a little (or, uh, not so little) basketball under my shirt. I got a lot of comments about that.
Lol, I'm the same way. I'm 5' 2'', with a short torso, and I always said I look like I have a watermelon coming out of my stomach. My rib cage around my breasts is pretty small, so it goes from a small rib cage down to a big 'ol watermelon. It definitely doesn't take me long to "show."

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.
#66 of 66 Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshoes View Post

Threads like this make me nervous, because inevitably comes the comparisons and I think that is really unhealthy. What matters is your own pregnancy experience and the amazing wonderful changes happening to your body. So many women are prevented from loving their pregnant bodies because of hangups about "being fat" and worrying about weight gain. Let go and enjoy it!!!
I agree with this. I wondered if only the people who hadn't gained much (or who had two babies in there to justify the gain) would reply. Either I'm right, or most of you haven't gained much! As for me, I am almost 23 weeks, and have gained about 22 pounds. Yep, a pound for every week. I started at a higher weight than I've ever been, but I wouldn't consider myself really heavy. My midwife checked for two babies last week at our appointment, and we're pretty sure we only heard one heartbeat/ felt one baby. My previous 2 pregnancies I gained about 30 to 32 pounds each time, losing most of the weight in between. This time, I don't know, I just put on more weight more quickly. I'm letting my body do what it needs to do, grow a wee babe while also nursing it's two older siblings, and I'm trying to enjoy my belly and my pregnant body.

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page