Where is everyone at with weight gain and clothing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I know, I know... who cares!? Still... as we all like to 'compare' ourselves. How much weight have we gained thus far? Are we in maternity clothes yet? I've gained 6 pounds and have just started with maternity clothes. This is my second.
#2 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 02:01 PM

I have no idea! I'm huge, I'm growing in the belly, my organs are getting smashed. I don't feel weigh wise bigger and I don't have a scale. I am in maternity. The only non-maternity clothes I wear are pajamas. They stretch

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 02:02 PM

We don't have a scale and my midwife doesn't use one so my weight is a mystery. I am not in maternity clothes yet but do have a belly band so that I can wear my pants unbuttoned

Mom of 3.
#4 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 02:35 PM

I've been in maternity clothes for a while now. We don't have a scale, but I weigh myself when I'm at my mom's, and I know that I haven't gained any weight yet, which freaks me out, so I'm going to talk to the mw at my appt on Wednesday. I'm nearly 20 weeks! I should've gained something by now, especially considering I started pregnancy on the small side.

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#5 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 03:55 PM

I think I've gained about 10lbs maybe more- yes mostly maternity clothes
#6 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 04:57 PM

16.5 weeks, gained approx 8 pounds. I like my pants on the loose side anyway, so I can still wear the majority of my non-maternity pants, but I've dipped into shirts that are 1-2 sizes larger than I normally wear.
#7 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 05:50 PM

I've gained about 5-7 pounds (I'm never entirely sure of my 'normal' weight, it fluctuates so much) so far, and I'm almost 16 weeks. I find I'm in that in-between stage where maternity clothes--especially pants--are too big, but my usual pants are too tight. So I mostly rely on the couple of pairs of pants that are on the bigger side, and am using lots of hair elastics around the loophole/button. The belly bands are okay, but I find they don't stay in place very well. Maybe I just contort my body too much? Who knows...
#8 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 05:50 PM

I'm still down about 3 lbs from before I got pregnant, but I put on a couple the last two weeks so I'm on my way up now. I started this pregnancy quite a bit heavier than my first so I'm not being as reckless with food. Most pre-maternity still fits but I've been in maternity for weeks now because it is so comfy and you don't have that long to wear it anyway (something I learned from my first pregnancy when I held off on the maternity way too long).

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

#9 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 06:16 PM

I haven't really gained anything, at about 18.5 weeks into my fourth pregnancy. I lost about 10 pounds right before getting pregnant, so a lot of my regular clothes were loose and still fit. I'm wearing maternity clothes about half of the time, but since I only have about 3 days worth of maternity clothes it is a blessing to still be able to wear some of the prepregnancy stuff.

I started off this pregnancy obese, so it would be better if I didn't gain anything or at least gained very little. I know I tend to really pack on the weight in the third trimester (& have a hard time keeping it to a pound a week then) and I have never really gained much at the beginning.
#10 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 PM

I've gained 12 pounds and have been in matrnity for well over a month.
I am a little concerned about the weight gain already, but have a few things to attribute it to (at least it helps me feel better lol):

- I lost 10 pounds right before conceiving, I read somewhere that the weight can easily fly back on with pregnancy
- I had ZERO morning sickness! I was nauseated and found that eating all the time helped
- And I just got married and went on my honeymoon and ATE and ATE and ATE, I think I gained 5 pounds just with that little holiday.

I asked my midwife what she thought about it, and she had no concern at all, so I guess I should relax. I just moved too and am just getting back into the groove of preparing meals Every Day. LOL
#11 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 PM

I'm not sure where I am weight wise... I dont have a scale.
But my stomach popped at 16 weeks, so I look pregnant at certain angles hehe.
I can still fit my pre pregnancy tops and skirts but not my pants. I just cant button them. So I got some stretchy pants the other day.

Tee wife to Peter! Mama to Angel baby and Miracle baby born February 23rd 2010
#12 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM

On monday I'll be 19 weeks. I have lost 1/2 lbs. The doc said
I should increase my protein intake. I have been in maternity clothes clothes for a few weeks. some of my pre pregnancy blouses fit. But my boobs are so big you can hardly tell I'm pregnant, lol.

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#13 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 PM

I have gained 5-7 lbs so far and I am 18 weeks. However, I gained 25 lbs before I found out I was pregnant so I have been trying to take it easy and not gain too much but I can't stop eating junk food and strange craving foods. I am in maternity clothes and I had already grew out of all clothes I was in from the weight I gained and my boobs have doubled in size and hurt and I can't afford a new bra just yet.

Mother of 6 year old boy and 2 year old girl and one on the way.
#14 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 09:36 PM

17 weeks, I've gained 2-3 lbs. I look/feel really big so I'm mostly in maternity. I started out overweight so I'm hoping to ward off the lbs in the beginning. I know will be huge come January!
#15 of 66 Old 10-10-2009, 09:44 PM

I am 19 weeks and have lost yet another 2.5lbs .. I have no morning sickness or nausea and I eat like a horse but I haven't gained any the dr.s are started to get ill with me but baby is measuring a week and a few days ahead but I defintly dont look pregnant and am mostly wearing my own clothes sometimes I wear maternity jeans since my c-section scar is really bothering me and i can't wear normal jeans (couldnt b4 i got pregnant) ..

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
#16 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 02:07 AM

Not sure how much I've gained, probably 5-10 pounds. By this point last pregnancy I was up 20 pounds so I'm doing well. Not that I care. Last pregnancy I was so much sicker and poor DH was doing all the cooking and cleaning. Add to that, that mostly all I could keep down was carbs, so we had a lot of pasta. This time I've managed to eat mostly really well. I'm wearing maternity shirts. I could probably get away still with non-maternity, except I'm pretty tall and find the non-mat ones really short now. I actually wore maternity shirts often even before I was pregnant again because I'm tall and they tend to be longer, and I found them easier to nurse in. I'm not in maternity pants yet, though I can't wear my old ones. I'm in a bit of transition. I bought a pair of jeans that are one size up than I normally wear and they're a bit loose but stay up. I have a pair of maternity jeans I do wear but I need a belt. My maternity pants from last time absolutely won't stay up. I think it will be a bit still for them. Last time I was in maternity pants around 14 or 15 weeks, but I'm betting they've probably stretched a bit since I wore them until the end.

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#17 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 07:02 AM

So far I haven't gained any, but I've got more than enough weight on my little frame to make me cautiously happy about that. I've got a very definite tummy growing there now though. Last pregnancy I didn't start to gain until 13 weeks, but now I'm almost 19... I'm sure it will start packing on before long though. I'm just not very hungry, and even now I feel sick whenever I eat anything, so it's not much of an encouragement to munch.

I look so fat though

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
#18 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 12:00 PM

I've gained two pounds, net. I lost two pounds this month, probably due to my yucky stomach bug. I'm sure I'll gain it and a few more back by my next appointment. I started this pregnancy about 20-30 pounds overweight, so I'm not in any rush to gain. My last pregnancy I started 40 pounds overweight and didn't gain anything until 30w or so, and ended up gaining 21 pounds. I was also pre-eclamptic with that pregnancy, so I'm trying to eat better with this one, although there were some placenta issues at play last time, too. Still, if I gain more but don't get sick and have to be induced, I'd be happier with that outcome.

This is my last baby so after her birth, I plan to spend my nursing months working on losing most of the extra weight I've put on in the last 5 years and when she weans, I will be scheduling my breast reduction. Can't wait to have that extra weight off!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#19 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 12:33 PM

i have gained 10 lbs and this is my first and i am 16 weeks! and bugging out! i just feel like that is such a huge weight gain before ive even hit the 20 week mark! i really havent been eating all that much more...bah. oh well, at least now it is starting to look like baby belly and not just extra waist fluff.

the acid reflux is getting bad though...
#20 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 17 weeks (today-ish?) and am still down a couple pounds. I lost about 6 or 8 and have gained all but two back, slowly but surely. This is about how it worked w/my last pregnancy, too (this is #3), but I had lost closer to 10 lbs in the first tri with him but ended up only gaining 15 by the birth. My dd I lost about 8 in the first tri, but ended up gaining about 35 by the birth... guess we'll see how it goes! LOL

Oh, and I switched to maternity pants a while ago... like 2 months. LOL Shirts, I'm about half and half.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#21 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 03:35 PM

My scale at home says no weight gain so far (I'm at 145 lbs). I remember I had gained about 8 lbs at my last appt though. Odd, I think I started at 145, and I'm at 145 now...Maybe I lost the weight, then gained it back....

I'm not wearing maternity, but I could sure use some! I'm starting out this pregnancy 30-40 lbs lighter than my last pregnancy, and about 55 lbs lighter than the one before that. I didn't buy much maternity last time because my clothes pretty much fit the whole time. I gave away my maternity clothing after pregnancy #2, wore out what I had with pregnancy #3. I have one sweater left and a tank top lol. I don't know what I did with the two pairs of maternity capris I did buy (due in July) but I don't think I would wear them anyway.

I'm holding off on maternity shopping - there is a sheep and wool festival I want to go to next weekend and christmas shopping to do....and bills! I may pick up a bella band this week though. My jeans and work pants are still wearable, they just don't fit right.

shamrocksmile.gifAmber SAHM Fiber Artist Mom to:knit.gif
Maddison (9): Arwen (8): Finn (4): Aedan (2)

stork-suprise.gif Sept 2012

#22 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM

I have gained fifteen pounds. According to a lot of studies of twin pregnancy, the more weight gain you have early in pregnancy the better off your twins will be as far as birth weights go. I am supposed to gain twenty pounds by twenty weeks. So I need to gain five pounds in two weeks. That's pretty easy when you are eating 180 grams of protein a day.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#23 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm replying just because so many people seem to either be in the negative or have only gained a few lbs. I am going on 20 weeks and I have gained 13 lbs. That's 1 lb a month for the first 3 and 1 lb week since. I started at 109lbs, a little under weight. I have noticed extra fat on my bottom, but I do not feel I am over eating or eating junk. I gained 43 with the last, but lost it in seven months - so hopefully I'll repeat.

Mother to Malek 08/15/05 and Sephina 03/11/10 :
#24 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elight23 View Post
I'm replying just because so many people seem to either be in the negative or have only gained a few lbs. I am going on 20 weeks and I have gained 13 lbs. That's 1 lb a month for the first 3 and 1 lb week since. I started at 109lbs, a little under weight. I have noticed extra fat on my bottom, but I do not feel I am over eating or eating junk. I gained 43 with the last, but lost it in seven months - so hopefully I'll repeat.
I was slightly overweight (they say I should be less than 136 for my height, but I've been around 142-143 since having babies ) so I don't feel so horrible for not having gained much yet... but if I were underweight (or much closer to underweight - like around 105 lbs for my weight), I'd be more concerned at having not gained yet.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#25 of 66 Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molliejo View Post
I have gained fifteen pounds. According to a lot of studies of twin pregnancy, the more weight gain you have early in pregnancy the better off your twins will be as far as birth weights go. I am supposed to gain twenty pounds by twenty weeks.
Well, I guess I'm ahead of the game - gained my 20lbs by 18 weeks! Of course, I think about 5 of those went to my boobs!

Melissa - 38, happy wife to Jeff and proud mother to Max & Thea, born Feb 2010
#26 of 66 Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissame72 View Post
Well, I guess I'm ahead of the game - gained my 20lbs by 18 weeks! Of course, I think about 5 of those went to my boobs!
That is so great!!! Way to go!

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#27 of 66 Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I lost about 12 lbs and have gained 2. I have 2 silk wrap skirts that I wear and 2 or 3 short-sleeved shirts. Going to have to figure something else out soon though. The is coming!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#28 of 66 Old 10-12-2009, 11:38 AM

I'm up there, too. I'm 18+ weeks and have gained 13lbs. I feel great though! I had gained about 9lbs at this time with my ds, but I look the same as I did last time - I have a long torso and I gained 40lbs last time and still looked about 7mo pregnant until the last week!

recent photo: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_COTH2bPlPh...ctober+031.jpg

I talked to my OB about the extra weight and he was not worried at all. I've been working out a lot more this pregnancy so some of it could be muscle?

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#29 of 66 Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM

I'm 19 weeks and have already gained about 16-20 lbs. I started at a healthy weight, didn't have morning sickness, and have been eating well. I'm in maternity pants but some regular shirts still fit.

I gained 50-60 lbs with my son. He was 7 lbs 12 oz at birth, and I lost 40 lbs right away. Lost all but 5 lbs eventually. I think I just gain more than normal in pregnancy.
#30 of 66 Old 10-12-2009, 04:24 PM

I weight 135! so I apparently did gain weight hehe.. All in my belly and boobs though.
So I gained about 13 pounds so far...
And apparently I'm measuring large for my dates??
I'm supposed to be 17 weeks and 5 days according to my lmp AND my suspected conception date...
But at my appointment today the midwives said I was measuring at 22 weeks..

Tee wife to Peter! Mama to Angel baby and Miracle baby born February 23rd 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page