Weekly Chat Thread: Oct. 13 - 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies! Sorry I missed yesterday. It was a holiday in Canada, and holidays throw me off. (Happy late Thanksgiving, fellow Canadians! I hope you enjoyed loved ones and yummy food.)

I hope we're all doing well this week!

Weeks/Days along:
Appointments:
Symptoms:
Food:
Exercise:
Body changes and other milestones:
Thoughts:

I will be out of town next week, so if someone else could take over starting this thread next Monday, that would be great.

Busy mama to my three little lads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Weeks/Days along: 17w3d which is seriously mindboggling. i know im like practically last on the list here, but still how am i over 17 weeks already?? crazy.
Appointments: on saturday the 17th, just a regular prenatal checkup and then the 26th for my big u/s!
Symptoms: just tired, and omg constipation.
Food: im really craving lots of homecooked stuff. i mean, i cook everyday anyway, but with all my other pregnancies i've always wanted something specific FROM someplace. like chinese food from the place down the street, or a wendys cheeseburger etc. etc. this time, i am craving things that I can make, which is nice for my wallet. lol
Exercise: started going to water aerobics and picked back up on my yoga.
Body changes and other milestones: i really dont think im showing yet, which is slightly alarming. i started out this pregnancy bigger than i was in any of my other ones, which could be why. who knows. i have been feeling movement at least once a day which is reassuring though.
Thoughts: i cant wait till the 26th. less than 2 weeks! woohoo

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#3 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Weeks/Days along:I am 19 weeks today!
Appointments:I would have had the 19 week scan this week, but we are in HI limbo and our new HI won't start until Nov. 1. so we wait until Nov. 2!
Symptoms:Tired in the late afternoon, still w/ the stuffy nose but thats about it.
Food: I am actually still having aversions to eating in general, and I have a fridge full of yummy cheeses and veggies, I just have little interest in food. I am eating though, just not as creatively as I normally would.
Exercise: Um, we haven't been to Kung Fu in a week.... maybe tonight.
Body changes and other milestones: I am finally feeling baby move for sure. I was a little in doubt over the last few weeks, and a little freaked out, but s/he is definitely there!
Thoughts: The mess in my house is overwhelming me. I am waiting on a new curriculum for the dc's and feel like I am in HS limbo. I wish I had more time for me. I know these are random thoughts, but they are the ones of greatest concern to me at the moment.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#4 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Weeks/Days along: 18w
Appointments: none
Symptoms: nothing really other than heartburn, this has been such an easy pregnancy, I feel blessed this time around.

Food:
hello butter! I've been cooking a lot this past week and have gone through insane amounts of butter... but everything has been oh so good! I guess it's the cooler weather and my desire to pack on pounds or something, sheesh. Tonight, mac and cheese for dinner, oh yum on that too.

Exercise:
lets just pretends that cooking up all that butter is requiring some physical effort... maybe I'll get back to the gym next week, or drop the membership at least.

Body changes and other milestones:
I think I'm actually feeling movement now!!! Woot. It was 21 weeks with my last baby, so I'm pretty excited. It's nothing really pronounced and only noticeable when I'm in bed at night, but I still think I'm feeling something.

Thoughts:
I though my twins-obsession had gone away, but instead it went into hibernation for a couple weeks. Now it's back and I'm starting to wonder if this fixation means something... it's not normal for me to really get mentally stuck on an idea like this.

Oh and no, I don't think I'm having a boy just because it's an easy pregnancy. In fact, if I do have a boy I might just be mad if it proves all these commenter right, not because I would mind a boy, just because I don't like the assumptions already being made.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#5 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM

Weeks/Days along: 15 weeks 3 days

Appointments: Had one today! Heard the heartbeat, asked for a urine culture to be sure my UTI is gone (I can't feel them anymore, not since a really bad one a year or so ago), No Blood Pressure Meds!!! I'm so excited!! I usually have to start them by now! It's really great news! I just started the Synthroid, so I'm glad I don't have to throw anything else in the mix. Plus, I only gained 2 lbs last month!

Symptoms: Tired, no energy.

Food: Yes, I would like some food....

Exercise: Not enough energy.

Body changes and other milestones: My tummy is growing! I think I can feel the babe sometimes.

Thoughts: I need to get a pregnancy journal! I did "The Belly Book" last time, it was so cute...while I'm at it...I have 3 unfinished baby books...

I'm going out of town for a spinning workshop and a sheep and wool festival on thursday! I'm so excited, but I really need to start getting ready. The kids are staying with their dad, so I have to pack for them too. I'm starting to get anxious about Christmas shopping. I'd like to get it done!

shamrocksmile.gifAmber SAHM Fiber Artist Mom to:knit.gif
Maddison (9): Arwen (8): Finn (4): Aedan (2)

stork-suprise.gif Sept 2012

#6 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Weeks/Days along: 19 wks, 7 days ( 20 weeks tomorrow!!! )

Appointments: I have one tomorrow with the mw.

Symptoms: Just sleepy, and already feeling big. Big in the sense that when I sit down, my uterus is super close to my ribs. I can tell my stomach is bring squished a bit too. I never get very big in pregnancy, because my babies hide way up inside, and I can hardly eat anything by 9 months, because my stomach only has about an inch of room.

Food: Good. No real cravings, no aversions.

Exercise: Hah!

Body changes and other milestones: Just what I mentioned above. Growing uterus = shrinking belly. Oh! And my DH felt the baby move for the first time on Sunday night.

Thoughts: I'm just a big stress-case right now. (It doesn't take much for me, I'm a pretty anxious person by nature.) We are going to Vancouver on Thursday, so I am desperately trying to clean/ pack/ do laundry/ run errands. This morning I lost DS2 in a giant store, which was a treat. I had to go tell the customer service people, who send out a "code white" or something, and then the lady said, "he's two? you should really hold onto him." He's a runner, and so so fast. Anyways, he was found. And then we had to go get snacks for the 14 hour car trip, and then go pick up meds for my dog, otherwise she'll pee all over my dad's house while we're gone. And... blah blah blah. Time for a cup of tea I think...

#7 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Weeks/Days along: 19+
Appointments: MW comes tomorrow. We had it sched for last week, but one of her other Mamas was in labor.
Anatomy scan next Monday
Symptoms: Nothing bad, just the regular preggo quirks. Gas, sleep issues, hip discomfort, sensitive nips, food issues, etc
Food: Eating pretty normal these days. Get that insatiable hunger a couple times a day, but I'm staying on top of things for the most part.
Exercise: walking, riding bike
Body changes and other milestones: Boobs aren't so sore anymore. Just big with sensitive nips.
Thoughts: Can't wait to hear baby again tomorrow. Since I don't have much movement these days, listening in really keeps me positive and gives me a feeling that there really is a baby in there...I'm not just getting fat.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#8 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegMomma View Post
Weeks/Days along: 19 wks, 7 days ( 20 weeks tomorrow!!! )
do you mean 19w6d? LOL. 19w+7d would be 20 weeks!

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#9 of 10 Old 10-13-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
do you mean 19w6d? LOL. 19w+7d would be 20 weeks!
Haha, yes, I suppose so.

#10 of 10 Old 10-17-2009, 03:33 PM

just thought i'd bump this thread up.
i had my 18 weeks mw appointment today- heartbeat 154.
do you have any idea how much it was killing me to know there was an empty ultrasound machine in the next room and i still had to wait 9 days to get mine.

i was seriously half tempted to ask if i could go back there and scan myself. lol.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page