Beautiful, bittersweet birth story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine sent this to me, and I wanted to share it. This is probably the most beautiful birth story I have ever read, maybe one of the most beautiful pieces ever - birth or otherwise. Sometimes life doesn't turn out how you expected or planned, but it can be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Waterworks Warning - if you're at work, this is likely to make you cry, especially if you're feeling hormonal.

http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogsp...rth-story.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 PM

What a sweet, sad, and beautiful story

Hi I'm Elle, a ing mama to my boy, Honeybun
#3 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM

OK...what a tear jerker and what a beautiful little baby. I love that last pic of her smiling...it's just so sweet.

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#4 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing this. And I was totally not prepared for how affected I was by her story.
#5 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Oh. My. What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.

Karen~Mom to Sarah-17, Amanda-16, Nathan-14, Robbie-12, David-7, Hannah-4 & Joshua-2
Wife to Brian since 8/11/91 heartbeat.gif I am truly blessed. heartbeat.gif

#6 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Someone on FB passed that along to me yesterday. Since I really wanted to avoid having a DS baby but didn't get an amnio, I have to say that the story is a little disturbing to me. I was a hormonal wreck reading it. I so dread ending up in that position, and I wonder if I would handle it as well as she did.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#7 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 PM

okay, I cried, too, and I have not been the hormonal upside-down mess I was prepared to be this pregnancy. maybe I am just getting started now

I love the reminder that my family has been chosen for this baby, this particualr baby, no matter what. what amazing perspective!
#8 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 PM

Beautiful amazing journey, thanks for sharing mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#9 of 16 Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I cried my eyes out. Beautiful baby, beautiful family!

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#10 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 AM

someone on another forum shared that and I don't cry over stuff and did for that. since we don't do any testing at all, I've wondered what my response would be to something unexpected coming up and I think she did a beautiful and honest way of expressing it. I often wonder what it'll be like and the only comments I hear are from someone that went through it years ago and it's short and sweet statement. Her post really pulls all the emotion in and I love the honesty.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#11 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannster View Post
Since I really wanted to avoid having a DS baby but didn't get an amnio, I have to say that the story is a little disturbing to me. I was a hormonal wreck reading it. I so dread ending up in that position, and I wonder if I would handle it as well as she did.
DDC crashing... (I'm due in 4 days!)

I was really moved by the story as well, and it has brought up a lot of stuff for me in these last days pre-labor. I had a similar reaction to yours, zannster.

My work this pregnancy has been to adopt an attitude of *acceptance* around the pregnancy/birth, since last time the birth was such a disappointment. I feel like I need to embrace the process, whatever it may be. The possibility of DS is something I've feared in the back of my mind, but I've always pushed it out... reassuring myself with statistics. This story forced me to confront the possibility and my fears.

I've actually been hoping to go as long as possible with this pregnancy up to this point... I've been physically comfortable and using the time to enjoy life pre-baby (and hoping my cold would go away!)... but after having read the story today, now I want to meet my baby ASAP! There's nothing I can do to change anything now, so I want to meet my fears head on, I guess.

Thanks for posting this powerful story.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#12 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 06:51 AM

Thanks for sharing this. Beautiful baby, beautiful story and lotsa tears.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#13 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 07:27 AM

Thanks for sharing! I'm always amazed at people who can bare themselves so completely to the rest of the world- such intense, deep, and real emotion!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#14 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad you enjoyed it - it was scary to read, being so close... we didn't have any prenatal genetic testing, and I'd sort of pushed the risks out of my mind. This brought those risks (and fears) right to the front, but left me feeling serene and strong.

I spent about a half hour after I read it, talking to my belly. I told him that I love him no matter what, and whoever he already is, I am so happy to be his mother.
#15 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixstar View Post
someone on another forum shared that and I don't cry over stuff and did for that. since we don't do any testing at all, I've wondered what my response would be to something unexpected coming up and I think she did a beautiful and honest way of expressing it. I often wonder what it'll be like and the only comments I hear are from someone that went through it years ago and it's short and sweet statement. Her post really pulls all the emotion in and I love the honesty.
My thoughts exactly

[FONT="Verdana"]Kate, mom to S(6/07) and Y(3/10)
#16 of 16 Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I held off reading this... I don't know why... but I live on the emotional side of the spectrum anyway.. and so I needed to wait until my girls were more occupied and wouldn't disturb me.

And I'm still in tears. From the beauty. The raw, unfiltered pain ... like the darkest of nights before turning to the joy of the brightest, most hopeful day.

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page