My work shower is today.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I would share.

I have 2 awesome bosses! They are very understanding - both women - and I really enjoy my job. I tried to "decline" the shower offer as this is my second, even though my other was awhile ago and it's a different sex. I did save a lot of things. Anyway, when I realized I couldn't beat them - I sent them a list of about a dozen work friends I'd acquired over the years and it should be really nice.

It IS nice to celebrate a new baby - and it's a pick-me-up I REALLY needed this week!

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-19-2010, 03:53 PM

YAY for you! ENJOY! I was thrilled when the ladies at church gave me one as I DID NOT have one for either previous pregnancy! I always felt a little bummed about it...not sure really why...but it was really needed with this one being a surprise ELEVEN years later....I didn't have anything left but the crib (which we just discovered has missing parts) and the bassinet!

Orthodox Christian mother of 3 ; Thea, Keegan, and Alexander
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
#3 of 6 Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well yay for you! Hope you enjoyed yourself .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#4 of 6 Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM

So you have to tell us what you get!
#5 of 6 Old 02-19-2010, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
That's so awesome to be surrounded by such supportive and joyful people!! Can't wait to hear what you got

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#6 of 6 Old 02-19-2010, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mini-co-sleeper from most of my dept - which was VERY cool and the only new thing I really wanted. Plus, apparently a handful of other things from my Amazon wish list.

A few toys, random stuff from target - towels, baby bath stuff, shoes, socks, bibs, hats (considering taking all of this back - but feel horribly guilty about that).

2 Really cute on onesies in light green.

A few things from my knitting friends - some incomplete, but they'll come.

Gift cert to Babies R Us - unsure what to do with it. Gift card to dept store from company (SO glad they didn't get BRU. I will use it for new clothes when I go back to work!).

It was kind of weird because it was over lunch and at a conference table. So we were all sitting around while I opened gifts - and there was cake. It wasn't really like a "mingle" event - where you talk to people and eat. Walk around - etc. I felt really awkward because everyone was watching me. And it was like 3-4 circles of friends who kind of only had me in common.

But really - it was so nice of them to plan it and everything. I work with good people! And the co-sleeper is HUGE! I hope it works well for us.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page