Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#2 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm so sorry that things are so rough for you [[hugs]] I can only imagine the mental toll it's taking on your body (which, honestly, could be way worse than anything physical!!).. I hope that baby is simply getting you totally ready for the best, most awesome, swift and empowering birth ever!!! (heck, that's what ya gotta hope by this point, right?!)!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#3 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#4 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM

I know for sure that I am nowhere near on the same level as you.... but...

My body has never spontaneously gone into labor on its own before. I've been induced at 42w or just about 42w all three times before in a hospital. With NOTHING happening prior.

But this time? Gosh.. I've had BHs, I've had back aches, I know my cervix is getting softer.. and just.. it generally feels like this baby is moving towards labor -- which is amazing to me! But with that.. I've gotten eager and anxious.. and my mental state for a while was *very* fragile. I just cried and cried one more for really not much more reason other than I kept psyching myself up every day that it could happen SOON and nothing was happening.

So yeah, for me, it's the mental toll on things. I have everything ready. My girls are VERY READY to meet this LO also.. and dh too (of course, the physical toll on him isn't anything.. so he's happy to let baby bake as long as necessary).

AND! I feel like I have to meet this baby before any name can be decided upon -- and for some reason this time around I'm SOOOO anxious/eager/excited to find out the gender and the name of this completely mysterious baby!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#5 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

#6 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hope you ladies get to feeling better soon .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#7 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
Yes, fragile is a PERFECT way of putting it. Like you, I've never gone early before (so that makes me feel even more depressed because I feel stupid for even thinking I could at this point) so I feel like I should have been more prepared to ward off the emotional messiness that comes with the waiting. But how do we do that when our bodies are playing these nasty tricks on us?

I, too, and so excited to find out what our baby is and give him/her a name. I think this baby will be a boy- all new territory to me- and I just want to know for sure!!!!
Okay... this did make me laugh out loud... all of it... because I could have written every. single. line!!! lol ... Having never gone early (yet somehow thinking this time is 'different' .. but then feeling silly for even THINKING that!) ... AND, I'm thinking 'boy' this time as well.. and after three girls, gosh.. it would be a shock and I would love to be able to get used to the idea .. and heck.. I just want to hold this baby!!!

(except the roads here are crap today... hmm.... I keep thinking that's BOUND to bring on baby, right?!? lol)

#8 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm only 35 weeks now, but I was like this with my DD who was born last January. I know how you feel and I wish I could give you a hug. It sucks big time! My mental state was, oh my God, horrible. I am hoping and praying I don't go through this again..

Hope it's all over for you soon, Mama!!

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#9 of 9 Old 02-20-2010, 04:30 PM

Mom to  DS (7), DD (5), DS (3), and stork-boy.gif in 8/2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page