Full Moon & Effect on Pregnancy/Delivery - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So our full moon is tomorrow and I will be 39 weeks I am so secretly hoping it puts me into labor .. just wondering if anybody has any experiences lol

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
#2 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 AM

I thought it was super silly, but my last little one's labor started during a fullmoon. DH even made me go outside to look at it (was 41weeks then) because he thought it'd work better, but nothing happened. So he argued that it had to be higher in the sky for it to work... I started getting contractions at midnight. Of course, ended up being a 25 hour labor (slow to start, serious contractions weren't that long), but I guess it worked.

I'm not worried about it this time at 37 weeks though.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#3 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 AM

I went and checked the full moon dates for last year, and it was a full moon the night I went into labor with my DD! I'm only 36 weeks now, so maybe I'll get March's full moon?

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#4 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM

I hope it doesn't put me into labor tomorrow, but I also hope I don't wait until the next full moon to go! I'm 36.5 right now. I'd like to wait until next Friday. I'm sure I won't go next Friday either, but it would be nice. lol
#5 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

I went back and looked it up and I was due on August 11th with DS I think .. I delivered on August 21 and the full moon was on August 28 so I guess it didn't have any effect on me last time .. can only hope this time lol

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
#6 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 12:54 PM

I do think it has an effect, and I am hoping it works for me! I was born under a full moon my own self.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#7 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 12:56 PM

I have my labor 'planed' for this Sunday night, starting around midnight and delivering on the 1st because of the full moon. I am 'due' on the 4th, and really want a March baby. The moon shines right through my window so I plan to leave the shades up and bathe in it all night. The babies head is and has been for a while now, super low, I've had a lot of prelabor, and everything will be set (just waiting for M-I-L to arrive on Sunday). We'll see how it goes!

Mother to Malek 08/15/05 and Sephina 03/11/10 :
#8 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post
I hope it doesn't put me into labor tomorrow, but I also hope I don't wait until the next full moon to go! I'm 36.5 right now. I'd like to wait until next Friday. I'm sure I won't go next Friday either, but it would be nice. lol
Next Friday sounds good to me too, but that would be interesting to go on the full moon.
I named my baby after the moon kind of, so that would be fitting.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#9 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 01:05 PM

I think it has an effect. A few weeks ago here in NC we had a full moon I think on a Friday and then like 8 inches of snow over that weekend. When I was still seeing the midwives at the birth center, the one I saw for my appt said she was working that Friday/Saturday and had 5 (!) moms deliver on her 24 hour shift. She definitely felt it was the full moon plus the storm.

I'm hoping to skip this one I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and am finally feeling a *wee* bit better with my cold, but have a long way to go and my kids still are coughing and have runny noses. I could use another week or two!

Sending labor vibes for all the mamas that are wanting to go into labor ASAP!!! I hope the moon has an influence and gets things going for those who are ready.
#10 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 02:06 PM

I am undecided, I will be 39 weeks on Monday. I am so ready but would prefer the birth to happen after or on Thursday when my mom comes in. Then again with my dd birth I gave birth the exact day of my due date.

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#11 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 03:37 PM

wishin and hopin the full moon does the trick!!

I am 38 weeks, but going for a vbac Last time I went 41 weeks and made a really big baby!! that was not positioned right..

now I have a perfect size baby.. already in position... already 2 cm and effacing...

taking my EPO and walking up a storm....

wishin and hoping on that full moon!!
#12 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 PM

My cycles sync with the new moon and always have. My DS was born on the new moon so I am hoping this baby is a new mooner too.

I hope the full moon works for you ladies that want it but "please baby, please don't be a full moon baby. Mama needs you to stay put till grandma gets here nd until the taxes are filed. Ok?"
#13 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 04:42 PM

39w4d here and really hoping it works for me! (Although I wouldn't mind if I started labor Sunday night and gave birth on Monday -- I'd love a March baby.)

JoAnna

DH Collin

DD Elanor (8), DS William (5), DD Violet (3), DS Gabriel (1), DS Peter (born Oct. '13)

Noel (12/06) and Christian (03/09), always in my heart

#14 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

I am in NC too .. our midwives were super busy with that snow storm as well

I have a huge sliding glass door in my room will be opening the curtains tonite

#15 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elight23 View Post
I have my labor 'planed' for this Sunday night, starting around midnight and delivering on the 1st because of the full moon. I am 'due' on the 4th, and really want a March baby. The moon shines right through my window so I plan to leave the shades up and bathe in it all night. The babies head is and has been for a while now, super low, I've had a lot of prelabor, and everything will be set (just waiting for M-I-L to arrive on Sunday). We'll see how it goes!
Good idea on keeping the shades open
I'm really hoping for a March baby too. I hope the full moon puts me into labor and I have my baby on Monday.

My only worry is that the hospital will be extra busy due to the full moon and I won't get the big, extra nice labor room with the nice view

Hi I'm Elle, a ing mama to my boy, Honeybun
#16 of 27 Old 02-27-2010, 11:30 PM

Hey.. I'll take any help I can get. I'm 40 weeks today.... so.. Bring. It. On!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#17 of 27 Old 02-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Never worked on any of my five kids so far, not thinking it will work this time. lol

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#18 of 27 Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple_juice View Post
My cycles sync with the new moon and always have. My DS was born on the new moon so I am hoping this baby is a new mooner too."
My doula was over this week and mentioned I'm due on the March new moon. What kinda labor energy does the new moon bring?
#19 of 27 Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzylizzy View Post
My doula was over this week and mentioned I'm due on the March new moon. What kinda labor energy does the new moon bring?
One of my midwives swears that she sees more moms in labor when there is a new moon more than when it is a full one.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#20 of 27 Old 02-28-2010, 06:35 PM

I doubt it'll have any effect on this baby. Hope it works for those hoping it to.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#21 of 27 Old 02-28-2010, 06:43 PM

Worked for me! Megan Grace was born at 11:37 last night and all the nurses were commenting on how crazy busy L&D was yesterday...they were so backed up that I had to stay in my LDR room until this afternoon.
#22 of 27 Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats !!! I have been having contractions today but my biggest complaint is the loose bowels everytime i eat i have to go

#23 of 27 Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 AM

Our midwife had two deliveries yesterday. One was late Friday night/Saturday morning. She's a friend of mine who was 41w 2d, and I predicted the full moon would do it for her. The other was late Saturday morning: the other couple in our hypnobabies class who were due the day before us. Our MW swore they wouldn't go first because she thought the mom wasn't as far along as she thought. Ha ha.

I'm 39w 2d, and I don't feel like I'm anywhere near going into labor. I really feel like we have a couple more weeks. Darn long cycles...lol At least I know I'm next in line for a long while and our MW will definitely be available!

Hope this full moon does it for everyone who is ready!!

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#24 of 27 Old 03-01-2010, 02:09 AM

DDC Crashing... My DS was born under the March full moon in 2008. That's cool!

Jenn (30) wife to DH (42) and Mama to DS (2). Looking forward to our with #2 due Nov. 2 2010.
#25 of 27 Old 03-01-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiestmomma View Post
Worked for me! Megan Grace was born at 11:37 last night and all the nurses were commenting on how crazy busy L&D was yesterday...they were so backed up that I had to stay in my LDR room until this afternoon.
Oh darn!!! Hehe CONGRATS!!!!

Happy excited Mama! Evelyn Isabel born March 12, 2010!
#26 of 27 Old 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM

The magic of the full moon didn't work for me last night. I did feel some contractions in my sleep though. I'm on my way to a dr appt now, so hopefully I'll get word that I made some progress

Hi I'm Elle, a ing mama to my boy, Honeybun
#27 of 27 Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 PM

Interestingly enough, when I concieved this babe, my cycles were perfectly in sync with the lunar cycles. I took a pregnancy test because the full moon was the night before, and I hadn't started. It was the first time in my life that I had been synced up like that, but it was spot on.

So, she is due around the new moon in March. I hope the new moon gets me, and I don't wait till the next full one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page