end of pregnancy emotions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So is this totally pregnancy related?

I've not been terribly emotional or moody at all this pregnancy, but in the past 2 weeks it's started and has been ramping up a bit. The past two days I have been ridiculously ticked off, angry, emotional, upset -- you name it. Super cranky and doing my best to just keep my mouth shut before saying awful things to dd or dh.

Today, I have spent at least 50% of the day crying, over nothing and everything. The only times I've not been crying is out in public having lunch or at my oldest soccer game -- but as soon as I'm back in the car or even just sitting on the couch at home, I'm a mess.

I don't recall being this emotional at the end last time (37w now). I so hope this is going to get better because I'm a huge mess. I want to pick up some more Rescue Remedy because it's helped in the past, but really hope that this is just a bad couple days. I expect to go closer to 41w since both DDs came then, but don't think I can handle these moods for 3+ more weeks.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#2 of 5 Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 AM

I would suspect that it is, especially if you have been uncomfortable and not sleeping well lately as most of us are not at this point... hope you hold a beautiful baby soon that will lift your spirits!

Orthodox Christian mother of 3 ; Thea, Keegan, and Alexander
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
#3 of 5 Old 02-28-2010, 12:20 AM

I am with you Momma... being uncomfortable & lackof sleep makes me really snippy. I apologize to DH and my girls; they are really understanding. I have been trying to squeeze in naps here & there. Helps a little (if I am able to actually sleep!)

I keep thinking...think how far we have come!!! And soon I will meet this new one!

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)
#4 of 5 Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 AM

I'm incredibly unsocial right now. We have friends who wanted to get together today and I was like "no way". Dh left town for the day and it was so nice to have one less person in the house. And he brought me home a pound of chocolate peanut butter fudge!
#5 of 5 Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 AM

I had the biggest emotional melt down last night. I can't tolerate too much sensory stimulation and we were at my sister's house last night and it was hot, loud and brght. I freaked out, grabbed my stuff and walked home crying. When I got home DH had locked the door so I had to knock for him to let me in. While I waited I started sobbing. I cried so hard I started hyperventilating. It was a scene!! I finally clamed down and had to admit to myself that it was pregnancy related emotions. I had no control!! Like PMS x 100!!! AHHHH the glamours of pregnancy!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page