Anyone else trying *not* to go into labor? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just not ready! And not for really good reasons - just kind of trying to enjoy my last few days/weeks of being a mom of one, and have a few appointments these next few weeks I'd like to get to. A big one being a wax a scheduled for the 8th I'd like things to be nice and neat down there, ya know?! And I'm about to schedule myself a pedicure for the same day I think. Plus, the later in March I go the nicer the weather gets and the healthier the world gets.

So every time I feel a contraction, I chug water and try to lay down. And at this week's appointment (tomorrow), the dr. mentioned she would start checking me but I'm going to ask her not to b/c I don't want her getting anything moving. DD was a week early so I'm a little anxious.

I feel like I'm the opposite of everyone else, wanting this baby to camp out a little longer!

Anyone have tips for keeping him/her IN?!

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
#2 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Desperately wish for him to come OUT, that seems to work! He won't budge til 42 weeks!

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
#3 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM

I'm due around March 22 and definitely in no hurry. I had ctrx last Wednesday and I kept thinking - stay-in baby, stay-in. Not yet.

Plus - the house is UTTERLY not ready. I think DH is having some kind of OCD crisis and simply can't CHANGE anything to get ready for the new baby.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#4 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM

pretty much what brightskye said! standing on your head will probbaly help keep baby in as well

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#5 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 03:23 PM

I'm not in a major hurry (yet). I'm due 3/21. We've been battling a nasty cold for a week now, and after a few days it *really* went to my chest. I felt positively horrible. I had a few nights of poor sleep leading up to it and I think it really just hit me hard. The kids both have it and are still a little sniffly...and DS is still coughing kinda a junky cough. DH so far has just been stuffy/mild sore throat, but I'm in no hurry for baby to come right now, kwim? I am definitely feeling *much* better and can actually function a little better....I'm still coughing and have a runny nose but it is much more of a normal feeling cold vs. feeling like I was going to get pneumonia or something like I did at the peak of it.

There's a good chance we'll be moving out of state in the next 3-6 months so we've been working on some home projects. Nesting plus the possibility of a pending move has us purging, fixing, sprucing stuff up. It is kind of nice really as it satisfies my nesting urges while moving us toward getting the house primed to sell if necessary.

I'm thinking once I hit 38 weeks or so if we're feeling better I'm going to start doing more walking, more relations with DH , etc. but this past week I've mostly been sitting on my butt LOL hoping baby stays in, kwim?

I'm sure I'll start getting antsy in another week or two.
#6 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightskye View Post
Desperately wish for him to come OUT, that seems to work! He won't budge til 42 weeks!
HAHA, that's the truth. I go overdue with all mine, my last born at 43 weeks. I try and try to go into labor after my EDD. This time, forget it. I'm due in 21 days or so and I'm in no hurry. I won't be getting my membranes stripped either, I'm just letting her come when shes ready. No need to torchure myself anymore. lol

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#7 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 PM

no rush here

still feeling really great and I am the same way with the weather I would love for it to feel a little like spring when baby arrives.

plus this is most likely our last so I would like to hold onto the belly and pregnancy a little longer.

I got a pedicure for valentines day but if baby hasn't come by 40 weeks, March 19, I will get another

Mom of 3.
#8 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm feeling the exact same way. I'm due March 8th, but got my 1st pg check today, and I'm 4 cm dialated and 70% thinned out, so, there you go. Here's hoping for another week or 2.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#9 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm uncomfortable and miserable, and I still want baby to stay in longer. I'm due at the very end of the month, and I had my first dd at about 37 weeks. I'm still teaching full-time, and our quarter is over next week. I'm hoping to get final grades done before having this baby, so that I don't have to worry about that, and I would love to have a week or two just to rest.

It's so opposite from my experience with dd because then I was looking for any sign of labor, hoping and praying that it would happen soon. Now, as I'm getting crampy and having more BH, I take baths and try to ignore it and hope that it goes away and doesn't become real labor.

I'm just not emotionally or logistically ready.
#10 of 13 Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM

I'm really uncomfortable, can't really enjoy eating the way I like and have an impossible time moving around but I have so much to do around the house before we have the kiddo, and worry about dd and having someone to watch her and stuff like that I think I also welcome going late. Plus dh is working a ton in a row right now and I could really use a few more relaxed days together and some days getting all this stuff done around the house too (we're working on getting our house ready to sell. . . which btw is crazy when you're this pregnant, probably why we initially didn't think we should in the first place ).

Then again, there's also the fact that if baby comes later, dh will still have pat. leave on my birthday/mothers day and won't have to work those days AGAIN (like last year), which would be nice.
#11 of 13 Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsReady2bMama View Post
I'm just not ready!
I feel like I'm the opposite of everyone else, wanting this baby to camp out a little longer!
I feel comforted knowing I'm not the only one. I'm 39 weeks, and everyone seems to think that I SHOULD want the baby to come now. Physically I'm very uncomfortable and ready to be done, but emotionally I feel like it would be fine to stay pregnant a while longer.

This is my 1st, and I know my world is going to completely change. I know many of the changes will be wonderful, but I'm still nervous thinking about parenthood. I'm also nervous about labor and birth itself...I've done tons of reading and all, but its still something I've never experienced and feels very mysterious and daunting.

And then theres the practical stuff- my leave is unpaid, and we could really use one more paycheck...and I haven't gotten to some house projects or made freezer meals yet...

Mom to DD born March 2010, and someone new March 2012

#12 of 13 Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 AM

For most of this pregnancy I've hoped for a late baby (and also known that I'd most likely have an on time or late baby -- 2/3 have been late, and one was born on her due date). My MIL and nephew are visiting until 14 days after my due date, and I have some reservations (to put it lightly!) about bring a baby home and dealing with the postpartum period while having my MIL and 16 you nephew as houseguests. I like my privacy and my space, so my goal was to minimize the time that they'd be here with the baby.

Now though? Today especially? I'm feeling done. They'll be here 20 more days and I think I could handle 18-20 days of baby+ houseguests. Watch me not have the baby until 42 weeks though!
#13 of 13 Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I had my 38wk visit today and she checked me. To my relief I am all closed up, maybe 1/2cm dilated and not at all effaced. Woo Hoo! I'm hoping for late next week I think. DD was 39wks so that seems reasonable. Maybe I'll just have a mental block until then.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one perfectly happy to let hang out in utero a bit more! This is likely my last pregnancy so I'm trying to remember how it feels, even though sometimes I do feel exhausted, sore, and really tired of living in the bathroom, especially at night

Here's hoping for all of us our babes come when we are ready!!

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page