I needed some advice...earlier tonight around 8:30pm I went to the bathroom emptied out my bladder and everything was fine. I saw some mucus coming out which I was happy about but that was it. About 5 minutes later as I was trying to get my son ready I felt a small gush and I went and checked and it was just clear with some mucus it seemed. This has been happening since then off and on. It's 11:30pm now I don't have any contractions and I really don't want to call the midwives because they will have me go to the hospital and probably start me on pitocin and I rather wait to see if my contractions start on their own.
I am at 40 weeks and 1 day ( i was due on sunday). Please anyone tell me is it ok for me to just wait it out till morning. I have an induction procedure scheduled with the chiropractor first thing in the morning (which might help get the contractions started) and I can always run to see the midwives after that. Is it really too dangerous to wait that long? I just don't want any unnecessary interventions to occur by going to the hospital too early.