Preggo check in. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 03-17-2010, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I keep having strong contractions - they're pretty spread out but I'm nervous. Today's not a good day, baby!!! UGH.

ETA... tomorrow's one of my "due dates"

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#62 of 112 Old 03-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
I keep having strong contractions - they're pretty spread out but I'm nervous. Today's not a good day, baby!!! UGH.

ETA... tomorrow's one of my "due dates"
Oh- I hope baby holds out.

Plummeting- I remember my SIL visiting soon after I had ds #2 and we were seriously entertaining her. My DH was SO annoyed so of course I had to act totally friendly and happy because he was barely holding in his annoyance. My 1st was only 2 and she could have done so much with him but instead she just wanted to 'hang out" I remember he aske dme if I wanted tea and she said,"I'll take some too Rob" It was so stressful!! Now I know- I don't want ANYONE staying here. My mom comes and helps for a few hours- great! But NO ONE is STAYING here.
#63 of 112 Old 03-17-2010, 05:28 PM

I also had a bad visit after DD was born. Apparently some people leave their common sense at the door when babies come. My MIL came, and she was fine - I hadn't wanted her right away, which was when she came, but she made dinner a couple times and was a good guest for that sort of time....EXCEPT for one thing. We came home the day after DD was born and she invited HER friend and her friend's two kids over, since they lived in the same city as us and she didn't get to see them much. That might have been not so awful, if it weren't for the fact that the friend's kids were the kind of rotten kids no one wants to be around.

The son was 14 or 15 at the time, and spent half the afternoon telling me he didn't know why I was having trouble getting around, since having babies didn't hurt. Then he and the daughter, who was 11 or 12, had to be chased out of my bedroom multiple times, because they were in there, on my bed, antagonizing my dog until he growled at them. This was not a dog who normally bothered people - he'd gone in there to get away from everyone. What kids of that age don't know better than to go into someone's bedroom and bounce around on their bed, teasing the dog?

And MIL knew those kids were poorly behaved and their mother didn't watch them. She told me she expected that kind of thing after they left. SO WHY THE HECK DID SHE INVITE THEM TO MY HOUSE THE DAY AFTER I HAD A BABY? I'm so glad she doesn't know anyone where I live now.
#64 of 112 Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post
I also had a bad visit after DD was born. Apparently some people leave their common sense at the door when babies come. My MIL came, and she was fine - I hadn't wanted her right away, which was when she came, but she made dinner a couple times and was a good guest for that sort of time....EXCEPT for one thing. We came home the day after DD was born and she invited HER friend and her friend's two kids over, since they lived in the same city as us and she didn't get to see them much. That might have been not so awful, if it weren't for the fact that the friend's kids were the kind of rotten kids no one wants to be around.

The son was 14 or 15 at the time, and spent half the afternoon telling me he didn't know why I was having trouble getting around, since having babies didn't hurt. Then he and the daughter, who was 11 or 12, had to be chased out of my bedroom multiple times, because they were in there, on my bed, antagonizing my dog until he growled at them. This was not a dog who normally bothered people - he'd gone in there to get away from everyone. What kids of that age don't know better than to go into someone's bedroom and bounce around on their bed, teasing the dog?

And MIL knew those kids were poorly behaved and their mother didn't watch them. She told me she expected that kind of thing after they left. SO WHY THE HECK DID SHE INVITE THEM TO MY HOUSE THE DAY AFTER I HAD A BABY? I'm so glad she doesn't know anyone where I live now.
UGH!!!!! Honestly- I really hate having most people over right after the baby comes. My sis and BIL and tfamily came on day 3 and my milk was coming in and I felt a little feverish and engorged and they're like, "Let's have a beer and stay for 5 hours" I think I am going to try to keep it a secret for a couple of days this time. One of the things with a birth center or homebirth is you are there- so people come way to soon!
#65 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Zomg!! there's mucus down there! Maybe it's just that all the puking yesterday pushed my cervix into moving a little or maybe something's actually happening. It's kind of orange... which strikes me as weird... maybe ever so slightly bloody? Anywho, today's one of my due dates (the one according to my normal shortened cycles)... guess we'll see if it turns into anything.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

#66 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir View Post
UGH!!!!! Honestly- I really hate having most people over right after the baby comes. My sis and BIL and tfamily came on day 3 and my milk was coming in and I felt a little feverish and engorged and they're like, "Let's have a beer and stay for 5 hours" I think I am going to try to keep it a secret for a couple of days this time. One of the things with a birth center or homebirth is you are there- so people come way to soon!

I've kind of had to resign myself to the fact that we will have immediate guests unless this child comes in the next couple days. I at least know that they'll be really helpful and leave me alone if need be. My mom's best advice was this "Eleanor, only EVER receive guests in bed when you have a brand new baby. Even if you were up and around, when you see them coming go get in bed. People are less likely to stick around when they are awkwardly talking to you in bed." I thought that was a pretty good one and I'm totally going to do it.

Quote:
Zomg!! there's mucus down there! Maybe it's just that all the puking yesterday pushed my cervix into moving a little or maybe something's actually happening. It's kind of orange... which strikes me as weird... maybe ever so slightly bloody? Anywho, today's one of my due dates (the one according to my normal shortened cycles)... guess we'll see if it turns into anything.
I'll cross my fingers for you. I hope you are feeling better today.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#67 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post
I've kind of had to resign myself to the fact that we will have immediate guests unless this child comes in the next couple days. I at least know that they'll be really helpful and leave me alone if need be. My mom's best advice was this "Eleanor, only EVER receive guests in bed when you have a brand new baby. Even if you were up and around, when you see them coming go get in bed. People are less likely to stick around when they are awkwardly talking to you in bed." I thought that was a pretty good one and I'm totally going to do it.
That is excellent advice!

Quote:

I'll cross my fingers for you. I hope you are feeling better today.
I am feeling WAY better today. Maybe not completely 100% but definitely do-able. I wanna eat, but I'm sorta scared to eat much or the wrong thing...

#68 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
That's so exciting! I'll be waiting to hear something from you. I'm glad you're feeling better, too!!!

I was up with false labor for hours again last night. I was once again almost sure it would be the real thing, because it seemed textbook: starting in the back, moving around to the front, regular, getting longer and stronger. DD's were never in my back at all and neither have the other contractions I've been getting in the middle of the night, so that was different and I thought it had to be real. Then...nope. Argh.
#69 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That's so exciting! I'll be waiting to hear something from you. I'm glad you're feeling better, too!!!

I was up with false labor for hours again last night. I was once again almost sure it would be the real thing, because it seemed textbook: starting in the back, moving around to the front, regular, getting longer and stronger. DD's were never in my back at all and neither have the other contractions I've been getting in the middle of the night, so that was different and I thought it had to be real. Then...nope. Argh.
oh no! maybe tomorrow night? I was having contractions CONSTANTLY yesterday... and they were strong-ish though I could still talk through them and they were hurting my back, but I think it was from the mild dehydration and the irritation from all the gastrointestinal stuff. They've backed off in terms of frequency (they were, like, every 4 minutes for most of yesterday) but they're still pretty strong...

#70 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM

How exciting!! Maybe soon for you!!

Ciga, that is great advice!

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#71 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 02:12 PM

Good news! My home BP cuff is apparently measuring accurately, so my BP is fine! It's still higher than my norm, but well within safe range, which makes me VERY happy, of course.
#72 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Good news! My home BP cuff is apparently measuring accurately, so my BP is fine! It's still higher than my norm, but well within safe range, which makes me VERY happy, of course.
That's great news!

#73 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 04:25 PM

I am *trying* not to be jealous over all the mama's here who's had their beautiful little ones but I'm not due until Tuesday and I want my baby! LOL

AHH!

Just thought I would share, I know you ladies understand.

Hope everyone is doing well, hang in there.. Not much longer!

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#74 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM

39w4d today. I swear I felt closer a week ago, but today I was contracting a lot. Took the kids to the park and did some walking, which got me really contracting, but my youngest wasn't in the mood to ride her balance bike or walk, so there was only so much walking I could do. I might head out with DH and the kids later to walk some more

An older gentleman was shocked at the park that I was still walking around. He kept saying..."you really should stay close to a hospital" I think he was worried I was going to deliver at the park

The midwife is coming out to my house late this afternoon. Last week I was kinda thinking maybe I wouldn't see her for this scheduled visit, but alas, baby is still hanging out in there just chilling I guess!

Maybe this weekend? Wishful thinking?

No plug, no show...I am really hoping for some warning this time since I never had either w/ my previous two kids. I need *some* clue at this point. Right now I'm in the throes of swearing I'll be pg f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

On a brighter note, I feel perkier and physically better than last week oddly. DD has been waking a few times a night in her bed and I just go into her as I can get her calmed down in like 5 mins and it takes DH longer. He slept w/ her the other night so I could get a total night of uninterrupted sleep (well, other than peeing 10x LOL). Last night she only woke up once around midnight. Getting two decent nights of sleep and now having nice weather has given me a little physical relief, kwim?

It is good to read updates on everyone!!
#75 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Hope you feel relieved!

#76 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Juvysen- You're going soon!

Plummeting- what a relief about the bp

Lilcrunchie- My neighbor who likes me but definitely thinks I am an alien in some ways said, "Aren't you afraid something will happen while you are walking?" Because everyone is amazed that I walk my ds to school. I just laughed. Tomorrow I'll bring the towels and hot water!!

I feel "late" because both other kids were 7 days early and with ds 2 I was in prodromal labor 11 days before my dd so since I am 39 and 4 I feel late! So silly I know. I'm starting to worry that my belly will be even more stretched out this time. Ugh- I hate the luck of stretch marks.
#77 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir View Post

Lilcrunchie- My neighbor who likes me but definitely thinks I am an alien in some ways said, "Aren't you afraid something will happen while you are walking?" Because everyone is amazed that I walk my ds to school. I just laughed. Tomorrow I'll bring the towels and hot water!!

I feel "late" because both other kids were 7 days early and with ds 2 I was in prodromal labor 11 days before my dd so since I am 39 and 4 I feel late! So silly I know. I'm starting to worry that my belly will be even more stretched out this time. Ugh- I hate the luck of stretch marks.

My parents freaked out about my driving when I was at the end of my pregnancy with my previous two kids. They insisted on driving me to my midwife appts at the end, etc. But they are sweet and supportive, and I know that's just how they are, so I tried to just enjoy it. I've teased them about it for years...this time around they haven't freaked out about it, and my midwife appts at the end have been at home this time around (first homebirth). People are so funny

Yeah, I don't feel "late" per se at 39+4, but DS was born at 39+1 and DD at 40w+2 (barely though, she was born just after midnight). I kinda thought it would average out this time to mid 39th week. Because labor, etc. just makes sense like that logically right? If I hit 40+3 I think I'll be feeling *very* late and heck I could have almost another 2 weeks after that, so I really, really need to get out of that mindset!

Had my midwife appt late this afternoon. Baby had some nice accelerations that seemed related to DS talking when she had the doppler on me. It was cute Baby's head is nice and low and she thinks he's anterior (he hung out posterior for a while as did my other kids, so that was good news). She didn't offer a cervical exam and I didn't request (holding strong, despite the curiosity killing me ) one. Went for a walk this evening w/ DH and the kids. Lots and lots of contracting but of course, it all stops when we stop walking.

Hoping to get the kids in bed and have some relaxation time with DH while watching The Office and 30 Rock I've been cherishing that evening time with DH lately knowing that it will likely be different once baby #3 arrives. But we are certainly excited to meet him when he finally decides to come
#78 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM

My due date is Tuesday too, Luv2bemommy! The 18 wk u/s said it was Thursday, but given my cycle lengths, etc., that's unlikely. It's funny, because I was so hoping to go early again, since DD was 38 weeks, that I got out all my antsiness a week ago and now I'm pretty cool with going another two weeks. It's like my mind shifted to this idea that I'm going to be pregnant forever, so I stopped obsessing about it. lol

Lilcrunchie, I got that kind of reaction from the librarian today! She knows I'm due soon and said, "What are you doing here?" I told her I wasn't due until Tuesday and then she went on about how I needed to stay home because she didn't know CPR. I was like, "Well hopefully there won't be any need for CPR when my baby is born!" Then she said, "We won't see you next week then," like my due date is a guarantee or something.

This is fun for me, because since DD was a couple weeks before my due date, I never really got that freaked out thing from people. I wonder when exactly it is that people start panicking anyway. I guess it must be somewhere between the 38 and 39 week mark. I guess 2 weeks away sounds safe enough to be out, but a week or less away makes people think you're going to have the baby right in front of them. lol
#79 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Lilcrunchie, I got that kind of reaction from the librarian today! She knows I'm due soon and said, "What are you doing here?" I told her I wasn't due until Tuesday and then she went on about how I needed to stay home because she didn't know CPR. I was like, "Well hopefully there won't be any need for CPR when my baby is born!" Then she said, "We won't see you next week then," like my due date is a guarantee or something.
That is funny!

This is kind of sad, but DH's grandfather passed away a few days ago and the rest of DH's family is 9+ hours away (several states away). It wasn't unexpected...he's been pretty non responsive due to Alzheimer's for 5+ years now.

DH's family called and mentioned they were trying to schedule a memorial. I feel terrible that we can't make it. My ILs were wondering when my EDD was (it is sunday the 21st), thinking if they scheduled it mid week, maybe DH could make it (because I obviously can't go into labor 3-4 days before my EDD??). I feel terrible but no, DH isn't traveling right now, kwim?

I wonder how people don't remember their own pregnancies and that babies don't usually come on their due date???

Gosh, that sounds mean I just felt like they kind of expected DH could travel since it wasn't my due date and found that a bit frustrating, kwim? I don't have the best of relationships with my ILs so I guess that colors my view of their expectation that DH might be able to travel a few days before my EDD.
#80 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM

I would be upset about that, too.
#81 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't had too hard a time this time, b/c I didn't tell anyone my due date and just said "end of march" and when anyone asks I say "sometime in the next X weeks" counting up to 42 weeks... so right now I'm saying "sometime in the next 2 weeks or so"... so instead I just get looks like "holy cow, woman, how many babies you got in there??"

#82 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 09:39 PM

I have a totally huge belly right now. It is starting to look a little funny. Maybe I am paranoid but really it seems everyone is staring at me in a worried way! One of my retired neighbors has been saying, "ANytime now, huh?" For seriously a month.
#83 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I haven't had too hard a time this time, b/c I didn't tell anyone my due date and just said "end of march" and when anyone asks I say "sometime in the next X weeks" counting up to 42 weeks... so right now I'm saying "sometime in the next 2 weeks or so"... so instead I just get looks like "holy cow, woman, how many babies you got in there??"
I also didn't tell anyone my due date. I would say "middle to end of March" and still people are bothering me.
#84 of 112 Old 03-18-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcrunchie View Post

Gosh, that sounds mean I just felt like they kind of expected DH could travel since it wasn't my due date and found that a bit frustrating, kwim? I don't have the best of relationships with my ILs so I guess that colors my view of their expectation that DH might be able to travel a few days before my EDD.
I'm sorry for your loss and that your DH can't be there with his family, but I totally get your frustration.

My brother scheduled his (New Orleans) bachelor party for the 27-29th (I'm due the 31st, and we knew I'd be having a scheduled C-S because I have a classical incision on my uterus). He actually seemed a bit surprised that DH wouldn't be coming on the trip....the trip that's 5 days after I give birth/have major abdominal surgery. My brother said, "Well, who could have guessed that you'd just be having the baby then?" and I'm thinking "I could have guessed! My due date is the 31st!!!"

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.
#85 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
so instead I just get looks like "holy cow, woman, how many babies you got in there??"
I get asked directly all. the. time. "if I have more than one in there". I did w/ my previous two pregnancies too I know i'm not in the nicest mood these days but honestly, there are nice ways to say some things and not so nice ways, you know? We went out to dinner 3 weeks ago and I got asked by 5-6 different people if I was having twins and if I was "sure" I was "only having one." I have a short torso and carry waaaaay out in front. I don't measure ahead on dates or anything, I just always carry this way.

A week ago I took the kids to the park and talked with a few people who were asking about my pregnancy (were being friendly and polite). Then as I'm leaving some lady says "when are you due?" and I respond. She says "wow, are you sure you are only having one??" (translation: You look like a whale! ??? or maybe that's how my pg self hears things at the end....). I said yep, just one with a smile on my face. THen she says...you are going to have your hands full (this will be my third, but my kids are all 3 years apart). I assume people are trying to be friendly, but it just doesn't come across that way.

After those incidents I told DH I was totally getting a shirt made up that says:

Yes, I'm having a boy (since everyone seems proud to be able to "predict" this as a random stranger since I carry in front. Problem is I carried my DD the same way LOL)

Yes, there's only one in there.

Yes, I carry huge.

Maybe it would stop the questions!!

WOw, I sound terrible on this thread lately. Do I have anything nice to say??
#86 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Dh's grandmother asked me how many babies I had in there (uh, over a month ago) and I said "oh, I think about 14 or 15..." I mean, really, does she think I wouldn't mention it if I knew I was having twins?? I am very short waisted, too, and carry out front. Same deal as you - got a *lot* of this with the other two pregnancies, too.

Well, ladies, I woke up this morning to the loss of my mucous plug/bloody show. Last time that happened *in* early labor, so maybe today's my day?? I can hope, at least...

#87 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Well, ladies, I woke up this morning to the loss of my mucous plug/bloody show. Last time that happened *in* early labor, so maybe today's my day?? I can hope, at least...
wooohooo!!! Sounds very, very exciting and promising!!! Can't wait for an update!
#88 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
OMG! That's so exciting. Hopefully something will happen, although of course I will be jealous.
#89 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

well, nothing's happening yet, though I had a midwife appointment scheduled for today (about an hour and 20 minute drive) and I called her and told her I had some bloody show and mucous plug and she told me not to bother coming and that if necessary someone would come to my house and do an appointment on monday...

I think I'm going to listen to my hypnobabies birthday tracks, now...

#90 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Well, still nothing. *shrug* My mom took the kids to the zoo and then they're spending the night at my sister's house. I think the kids will love it.

Dh and i went for a long walk. I'm not even getting contractions now, after having frequent contractions the past few weeks. So weird. Maybe I'll make it to April afterall.

Tomorrow's my "official" due date.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page