Preggo check in. - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm thinking April for me too!

I'm getting the cold that dh and the kids have. It's mostly in my throat and I will probably lose my voice by the end of the weekend. Great! How will I be able to order everyone around from my throne on the couch?

It sucks because dh will probably not be able to take the full week off when the baby is here. Probably only a couple of days. Not sure what I'm going to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
Dh's grandmother asked me how many babies I had in there (uh, over a month ago) and I said "oh, I think about 14 or 15..." I mean, really, does she think I wouldn't mention it if I knew I was having twins?? I am very short waisted, too, and carry out front. Same deal as you - got a *lot* of this with the other two pregnancies, too.
LOL!! I think that is a great answer. People say the darndest things.

I had an appt. with a chiro today to do some Webster work on my sacrum and round ligaments. I feel so much better, I can actually move without them screaming in pain. I also had a massage this afternoon, which was really nice. She did some lymphatic work to help with my pillow feet. It felt divine, although I am sure it wasn't a lovely experience for her. I wanted to fall asleep on the table.

Juvysen, I hope that things pick up for you soon.
#93 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 02:56 AM

Juvysen, I hope maybe nightfall has brought some action for you.

I am 40 weeks 5 days now and nothing to speak of. I am only 1 cm and my cervix is still so high it is almost impossible to reach. I don't feel like it is going to be anytime soon. My mom came down on Monday (my edd) and is staying until after the baby comes. I have really enjoyed getting to spend some time with her, so I really haven't been feeling all that rushed to have the baby. This would of been a very convient week to of done so though. We are getting back into our normal crazy schedule life next week. Oy!

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#94 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Meh, nothing here. Not even having as many contractions as "normal" still.

I'm gonna have some decent tea and ignore my pregnancy tea today. and then I'll see what I can harass Dh to do around the house. I totally wanna paint the living room... having a half painted living room would totally put me into labor, right?

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#95 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
Meh, nothing here. Not even having as many contractions as "normal" still.

I'm gonna have some decent tea and ignore my pregnancy tea today. and then I'll see what I can harass Dh to do around the house. I totally wanna paint the living room... having a half painted living room would totally put me into labor, right?

{{{{{huuuggsss}}}}}} Hopefully it will be SOON!

Saw my MW yesterday, I let her check me since the baby is posterior and she was having a hardtime telling if she was breech or not. Thankfully she isn't!!! I'm 3cm too, I know it doesn't mean anything but 3 less I have to deal with. LOL I'm due Tuesday but still think it will be April before we meet her.

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#96 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

I checked myself today... my cervix is still pretty high up there... I can feel baby's head through the vaginal wall, though, and it's low, but still bops up higher sometimes, so I'm assuming not engaged... I wonder if maybe my muscles in there are too loose and wimpy for baby to actually engage? Because I mean, I can reach my finger in about an inch when standing up and feel the baby's head through the vaginal wall.

beyond that, i seem to be a stretchy 3-ish? maybe? Like I said I have to reach pretty far up there, but I can sort of pull it down so I dunno. At least it's less dilation i'll have to go through when it's time.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

#97 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM

I had some good contractions going last night every 10 mins or so even when I was just resting on my left side. Took the kids to the local museum (big outdoor section there to walk around ) and was contracting every 8-10 mins but not *always*. Probably nothing, but it feels like it is at least picking up a bit more than plain old BH.

I still keep trying to find my cervix and I have no idea where it is LOL. I've read all the links I can find but it feels like mush in there No idea what's going on in there (if anything). I definitely can feel it when not pg but the heck if I know where it went now (even feeling way posterior I can't seem to find it). I don't think I could feel it in my other pregnancies either though and I was dilated/effaced for a few weeks with one of them.
#98 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy View Post
{{{{{huuuggsss}}}}}} Hopefully it will be SOON!

Saw my MW yesterday, I let her check me since the baby is posterior and she was having a hardtime telling if she was breech or not. Thankfully she isn't!!! I'm 3cm too, I know it doesn't mean anything but 3 less I have to deal with. LOL I'm due Tuesday but still think it will be April before we meet her.
That sounds like good news!!!
#99 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcrunchie View Post
I had some good contractions going last night every 10 mins or so even when I was just resting on my left side. Took the kids to the local museum (big outdoor section there to walk around ) and was contracting every 8-10 mins but not *always*. Probably nothing, but it feels like it is at least picking up a bit more than plain old BH.

I still keep trying to find my cervix and I have no idea where it is LOL. I've read all the links I can find but it feels like mush in there No idea what's going on in there (if anything). I definitely can feel it when not pg but the heck if I know where it went now (even feeling way posterior I can't seem to find it). I don't think I could feel it in my other pregnancies either though and I was dilated/effaced for a few weeks with one of them.
It may be pretty high up. I can only reach mine if i sort of squat but lean back against something (I do it in the shower, so I'm squatting so my legs are sort of outward like sideways - the long way- in the tub and i'm leaning back against the wall), so my body's more straight out? and then I can only feel the bottom of it... sorta feels like a set of lips in there... rounded like that. Although I found out today if I sort of gently pull down (like walking my fingers up) on my vaginal wall I can pull it down a little...

#100 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM

I'll have to try that. I keep trying it semi squatting, etc. and no luck. It has to be in there somewhere LOL!!!
#101 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 04:54 PM

I wasn't able to find mine, either, and since I've found out I'm strep B+ I've decided not to mess around in there anymore. I'm sure it doesn't matter - after all, I can have sex and everything, but...I don't know. It makes me feel better to stay out of there. I don't feel like having sex anyway. We did a few days ago and it wasn't exactly the best experience I've ever had.
#102 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 05:56 PM

I found my cervix LOL

I had success w/ sitting on the toilet, leaning back a bit, and then putting one foot up on a stool while aiming backward (wow, that sounds like fun, huh??)

It was super soft and squishy, no idea on effacement. I can't calculate dilation or anything but think I could feel a little bulging bag o' water in there.

Did my hypnobabies tracks...Dh cleaned...perfect breeze blowing through the house....

Now where is my little one???
#103 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcrunchie View Post
I found my cervix LOL

I had success w/ sitting on the toilet, leaning back a bit, and then putting one foot up on a stool while aiming backward (wow, that sounds like fun, huh??)

It was super soft and squishy, no idea on effacement. I can't calculate dilation or anything but think I could feel a little bulging bag o' water in there.

Did my hypnobabies tracks...Dh cleaned...perfect breeze blowing through the house....

Now where is my little one???
Woot! Super soft and squishy sounds like what you're looking for! Dilation is supposed to be how ever many fingers you can fit in there = # cm dilated? I have a hard time believing one of my fingers is only a cm across, but whatever, I'm more than one cm dilated... it doesn't really matter either way, I guess.

I've had a lot more mucous starting about 30 minutes ago with a little blurp. It's feeling moist down there, but not really anything else exciting like blood I've been having more contractions, too, but haven't been timing them. So frustrating to know things are happening but it could be something or could be nothing. Maybe things will pick up when my kids go to bed.

#104 of 112 Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Nothing to see here. I think I had a couple of Braxton Hicks cntx today, for the first time (that I'm aware of - I didn't notice any with DS). So that was kind of exciting, but I know it doesn't signify much.

Hum de dum...

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#105 of 112 Old 03-21-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post
I don't feel like having sex anyway. We did a few days ago and it wasn't exactly the best experience I've ever had.
we did, too, and it was rather humorous. DH and I could hardly stop laughing long enough to dtd. Not exactly the most romantic of encounters.

And, I keep having ctx, but nothing really worth getting excited about. As much as I'd like to have a baby in the next day or so, I think it will probably be more like a week. I guess we'll find out.
#106 of 112 Old 03-21-2010, 01:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

Fri night I thought was the night...regular contrax and even called the midwife. She came over and then they slowed down... My plan now is to ignore the contrax unless I really can't and see more signs of labor. Yesterday and today I've seen some brown tinged mucus and feeling more wet. So we'll see. Every evening I seem to get a very sore lower back and more contrax...but not the kind I have to move through.

Waiting patiently...
Amy

Amy, Mom to ds 2000, dd 2004 and newest dd 3/2010!
Breast Cancer Survivor since 2007
#107 of 112 Old 03-21-2010, 05:10 PM

Some days I feel like I am waiting patiently and then days like today I just pray I go into labor. I'm still only 39+ wks at this point so I could very well have some time on my hands here.

I guess I still have things to do...
-figure out a diaper pail situation
-make some baby wipe formula
-buy my ace bandages for PP binding
-come up with some projects for my little sister to do while she's here
-watch this labor preparation video I got form my midwife and keep forgetting about

At least I have managed to get all my birth center supplies/labor food together and I totally cleaned out our studio and created a nice little guest room for my sisters, mom and MIL

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#108 of 112 Old 03-22-2010, 10:10 AM

I had a dream this morning that my baby was born. It was right after the birth, and I was at the point of determining the gender that I woke up. I was so disappointed not the find out boy or girl! At least I woke up really excited to meet this little one. There were lots of babies over the weekend, maybe we will be next!
#109 of 112 Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 AM

Still here hanging out with you ladies, I am 40 + 3.

I have BH all the time and had a case of false labor a week ago after sex. Though for some reason I just don't feel like baby is coming, I mean I know he/she will.

I guess the big build up of getting to 40 weeks is over and everything is done so we are just back to normal.

Mom of 3.
#110 of 112 Old 03-22-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm 40+5 today

Denelle~ WAHM to a tribe (at least according to the mother in law )
Gwendolynne (12) Ezekiel (2) and baking a little one due March 17th
#111 of 112 Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Due date is wed. NOTHING new happening! Part of me is glad I'm enjoying this quiet time. The other kids are in school and dh is at work. I'm OK being on this side of things still!
#112 of 112 Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 AM

39 weeks today.
Expecting an Easter baby (good friday), at 40+4.......

proud mama of DS (April 03), DD (Oct 06), angel1.gif (March 09), DS (April 10), DD (Oct 12)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page