My belly binding experience (w/pics) *3 week PP update* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DDC crashing....wow! I really wanted to do it after DS and forgot. I wonder if 8 months PP is too late to start...

CPST & mom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
DDC crashing....wow! I really wanted to do it after DS and forgot. I wonder if 8 months PP is too late to start...
I've heard it can still help. Or, maybe it was that you can wear a binder while doing exercises and it can help? I can't remember, but it can't hurt to try, right?

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 PM

Does it hurt to wear one while sitting down?
Is it a PITA to wear one while nursing? It looks like they go quite high! My gut after DS was pretty horrible for a long time, I'd love to have a quicker shrinkage this time around!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM

i'm a week pp and my binder is a medela sm/m and I started out barely getting it to go on the medium setting,and now I'm at the small edge of the small setting... not sure what to expect as far as further shrinkage, but maybe I should look for something smaller. hmmm

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

Old 03-29-2010, 10:04 PM

I am binding with a bed sheet because it is what my doula recommended, and I am cheap I have only done it twice (I'm only a week pp), and I am sort of "eh" about it so far. I can't do it by myself, which is the worst part. but I did want to share that my doula did some research on traditional cultures belly binding and did a ritual with me called "closing the bones." I laid on the floor on the bedsheet (folded into fourths longways) under my hips and she crossed the sheet over my pelvis and pulled hard. then she did it again on my shoulders and then on my head. when we had talked about it beforehand, I thought it would be mostly a symbolic sort of thing, but it felt AMAZING physically. I really could feel everything closing up and fitting back together. I highly recommend it. dh has done it with me a few more times, and it still is a really cool, calming feeling.

hope that all made sense. typing one-handed means my brain gets waaaay ahead of my fingers, so I get a little lost myself
Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 PM

I've been binding this time (did it half heartedly with my 2nd child too) and have been very happy with how things are going. My 6 year old keeps telling me my "tummy is really flat now". (nice to hear something positive from him once in a while LOL!) Oh, it is still jiggly and untoned and stretchmarked and so forth, but it is much flatter at a week post partum than with my other kids for sure.

I've been trying to start doing some transverse abdominal work too.

Like a PP or two said, my DH helps put my binder on me sometimes and he is amazed at how much more we can get it closed now vs. when I started a week ago.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:19 PM

i wore my pre-preg cords yesterday! I had my binder on underneith, holding in the loose floppy skin, but

Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 PM

DDC

Thank you! I have been thinking about binding and I'm definitely leaning towards it now. I wonder if I have time to order a proper binding thingie..

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:08 PM

Okay, this is very interesting to me. I have had diastasis ever since my first pregnancy...and I'm on my third now and I can already tell it's worse than it's ever been before, at four finger widths now. I'm scared that it's going to be really horrible.

After DD#1 was born I found out about Tupler's exercises and tried it for a while, thought I saw a difference but then I messed up all the work I had done when I got a bad cough and didn't take care to hold my abs the right way. :P After DD#2 it was worse, I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 finger widths. I never really got around to trying to fix it because I was very discouraged by what had happened before.

This time it's worse, of course, and honestly it's kind of freaking me out. I have never heard of this belly binding thing. I'm getting the impression that you just wear it but don't necessarily do exercises in it? Although, I'm sure the exercises would help. Am I right? And of course, starting as soon as I can PP would be best...but in my case if the diastasis is really big, then is this even likely to help at all?

Rachael
Mama to Evelyn (8), Sophia (6), Kate (3), and Andrew (born 12.01.13)
Old 05-05-2010, 03:33 PM

The "lose your mummy tummy" program has a belly binder you can buy, that's specific to exercises you can do, I think? I saw it online...

User Tag List