Houston, we have back carry! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like dancing! I got DD into a back carry with my Babyhawk twice today! What a difference. I actually sanded and oiled one of my kitchen counters this morning. Woohoo!!!

(This is all really exciting for me, by the way, because I didn't get my Babyhawk until DD1 was 6 months old, so I never did a back carry with her at this age.)

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-20-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceychev View Post
I feel like dancing! I got DD into a back carry with my Babyhawk twice today! What a difference. I actually sanded and oiled one of my kitchen counters this morning. Woohoo!!!

(This is all really exciting for me, by the way, because I didn't get my Babyhawk until DD1 was 6 months old, so I never did a back carry with her at this age.)
Do you have an oh-snap or the regular mei tai babyhawk? Any special tricks to getting a tiny baby onto your back? I hadn't even thought of trying the babyhawk on my back yet!
#3 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 PM

ooh! how did you do it? did you tuck the legs under, or are they out? i am excited by the prospect of this!

Kelcey... in love with DH, and DD born 10/13/07, and a little DS born 2/23/10!
#4 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM

how'd you do it and do you have pics?

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#5 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hilariously, no pics... only a pic with my almost five year old on my back when I was making dinner last week!

It's a regular Babyhawk. I think that part of the reason I was able to do it is that I wore DD1 so often and for so long that it's second nature.

So, I tied the bottom up higher--like right under my breasts. I'm not sure how to describe how I got her up there. I kind of passed and turned her over my shoulder, while I was standing bent over with my back perfectly flat like a table. I've been wearing her front and back with one leg tucked out. She seems to be more comfortable that way, but she's two small for two legs dangling so far.

When she's tied into it, she's peeking over the top from about nose up, but her weight shifts down into it pretty quickly so that her head's better supported.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#6 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 PM

I've used my homemade wrap with the back carry a couple times. I had help wrapping her in. A tiny baby back there makes me a little nervous. Well she's not tiny, tiny...close to 11 lbs now, but still a bit floppy, ect.

Here she is at 3wks 2 days.

Amy

Amy, Mom to ds 2000, dd 2004 and newest dd 3/2010!
Breast Cancer Survivor since 2007
#7 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 PM

Oohh, I'm so jealous. I have a Sutemi, which is ridiculously uncomfortable in a back carry, thanks to the whole bionic boobs effect, and a sling, which I'm way too scared to try a back carry in. I guess that means I need a new carrier.
#8 of 9 Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLegos View Post
I've used my homemade wrap with the back carry a couple times. I had help wrapping her in. A tiny baby back there makes me a little nervous. Well she's not tiny, tiny...close to 11 lbs now, but still a bit floppy, ect.

Here she is at 3wks 2 days.

Amy
She looks so cute peeking over!
I think I'll wait until DD is a bit older to try a back carry.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#9 of 9 Old 05-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went out and bought some fabric the other day to make a woven wrap with and finally got it made and got an opportunity to try a back carry today... took a few tries, but: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...168&id=8118990

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page