Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   March 2010 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/525-march-2010/)
-   -   Aunt Flo?! (http://www.mothering.com/forum/525-march-2010/1220499-aunt-flo.html)

Right of Passage 05-01-2010 12:59 PM

Ugh, I feel that stomach ache and cramping that arrives just days before AF. I hope it's just my body playing tricks on me but I remember the way my first period felt and it's just like this.

AF on her way or already here for anyone else?

cocoanib 05-01-2010 01:19 PM

My body started feeling that way about a week and 1/2 ago, but it didn't start. I had a little bit of watery pinkish discharge that day, but that was it.
Aunt flo please stay away for at least another couple of months!

Juvysen 05-02-2010 03:00 PM

I had those kinds of feelings for a month or two (at least) before I got AF back after Oliver.... so maybe it's not, although I'm not sure i'd wish a couple months of cramps on anyone... It was just cramps for a few days every few weeks, like it would be AF any time, but then they'd go away with no bleeding.

Charmie981 05-02-2010 06:27 PM

I've been feeling a little hormonal and have had some signs of fertility, but no AF yet. I've never had her come back before I started solids and this baby is nursey-nursey, so I would be really surprised to see her, but I'm not ruling it out. Baby does take a paci and isn't nursing every 6 hours at night because she's sleeping from 7 or 9pm until 4am (don't hate me ). We haven't done anything for BC yet, but I CANNOT have three babies in three years, so something must give. Soon.

Juvysen 05-02-2010 06:33 PM

i'm wondering when mine will come back this time - my other two kids took a pacifier. We haven't started one this time... and I'm starting to think I probably won't. After Oliver I was tandem nursing, though... and it still only took 6 months for AF to show her face we shall see...

Right of Passage 05-02-2010 07:27 PM

I got mine back at 8 weeks last time so I'm expecting it any time now.

judybean 05-03-2010 06:23 PM

8 weeks/!? That hardly seems fair at ALL!! (don't hate me, but with dd3, I was AF-less for SEVENTEEN MONTHS... and yes, I loved every minute of it... ) .. I'm hoping things go that well this time also... we'll see

Bethla 05-04-2010 12:09 AM

Still bleeding postpartum...hopefully I get a few months off soon!

Right of Passage 05-05-2010 04:55 PM

She hasn't showed yet but I'm thinking she'll rear her ugly head by mother's day. Overall I just feel blah, PMS-y, hohum. I'm still that I'll get a break. At least the post partum bleeding stopped around 4 weeks.

mama kk 05-07-2010 02:09 AM

hmmmm... reading this reminds me that I should be pulling the condoms out of the drawer. yikes.

1babysmom 05-07-2010 02:52 PM

judybean 05-09-2010 02:08 AM

I want to scream, stomp around, rant, rave, cry and swear -- lots!! I'm thinking AF is making an odd visit now ... And I want to scream, "WTF?!" .. Last time around with dd3 (yes, she was my first nursling), I had a TERRIBLE time nursing in the early days and even had to supplement (especially at night) for a while to save any hopes of breastfeeding. And yet... it took SEVENTEEN MONTHS for AF to show back up.

This time around Hazel Jane nurses like crazy all the time and there has been NO supplementing.. and.. she's just nine weeks old today!!!!!!

*sigh*

Plummeting 05-09-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post
I've been feeling a little hormonal and have had some signs of fertility, but no AF yet. I've never had her come back before I started solids and this baby is nursey-nursey, so I would be really surprised to see her, but I'm not ruling it out. Baby does take a paci and isn't nursing every 6 hours at night because she's sleeping from 7 or 9pm until 4am (don't hate me ). We haven't done anything for BC yet, but I CANNOT have three babies in three years, so something must give. Soon.
Is it every 6 hours they need to nurse at night? I thought it was every 4 and I was screwed. Now that I think about it, it's 4 during the day and 6 at night, huh? Phew! This little one sleeps about one six hour stretch every night for the last few weeks and I was worried I was going to be fertile again soon. Now that DH has decided he wants another one after all, it has me thinking that maybe, maybe I might want another one, so our plans for his big V have been canceled. However, if I decide to do that, it won't be for at least 2 years and my IUD isn't in yet, so I'd rather not be fertile soon. I mean, we won't be having sex without condoms until then, but I don't really trust condoms to be all that effective, so it could be a tense few weeks around here. lol

Right of Passage 05-09-2010 12:41 PM

Judy! So far no AF, but I have been spotting off and on, brown blood, and I had some AWFUL cramps that resulted in nothing.

Did I mention I'm also, sadly, in the 2ww.

MiaMama 05-09-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judybean View Post
I want to scream, stomp around, rant, rave, cry and swear -- lots!! I'm thinking AF is making an odd visit now ... And I want to scream, "WTF?!" .. Last time around with dd3 (yes, she was my first nursling), I had a TERRIBLE time nursing in the early days and even had to supplement (especially at night) for a while to save any hopes of breastfeeding. And yet... it took SEVENTEEN MONTHS for AF to show back up.

This time around Hazel Jane nurses like crazy all the time and there has been NO supplementing.. and.. she's just nine weeks old today!!!!!!

*sigh*
Yeah, this is happening to me to!
WTF!

DD1 took 15 months to return, and I am now bleeding at 7 WEEKS pp. No bottles, no pacis, cosleeping. Lochia only stopped like 1.5 weeks ago. And I am Tandeming! WTF!!!???

Happy mother's day. I am off to go cry. Stupid hormones.

judybean 05-09-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMama View Post
WTF!

DD1 took 15 months to return, and I am now bleeding at 7 WEEKS pp. No bottles, no pacis, cosleeping. Lochia only stopped like 1.5 weeks ago. And I am Tandeming! WTF!!!???

Um yeah.. I only stopped at six weeks... so I had about two weeks off or so *sigh*. And yeah, I've done everything 'right' this time (more right than last time) with no bottles, no pacis, co-sleeping, she does wake at night to nurse and has all access she wants.. and.. blergh.

Nothing today, but there were a few days of dark red blood, though not much at all. Like, not a normal looking period... almost like what the last day or two looks like for me. And I had some lower back aches (that I didn't associate with this until later) and some great loose stools (why on earth do my bowels go wonky with this too?! ugh).

ROP -- um.. wow! yikes? (babies are always blessings... babies are always blessings.. .. right/!?) Let us know!!

josie423 05-09-2010 08:03 PM

I've done everything 'right' here too and AF showed up today. DD was 7 weeks yesterday. We want a big family and don't prevent... They are just coming a lot faster than I thought! Yes, babies are a blessing..!

I was half expecting this though. After DS AF came back at 6 weeks and DD 4-5 months.

ROP, whoa! Hope everything works out the way you want it to!

Deir 05-09-2010 10:22 PM

Ok- I was counting on 10 months this time- which is what i got with both of my boys. Well- I think I am getting AF. And today is my birthday.

I am really upset and worried because after af showed up last time around i started getting seriously disturbing PMS- not funny like "aren't I a b@$#h?" PMS but really upsetting rages with my dear kids. I think I had finally found a cocktail of herbs that worked right before I got pg but I don't know if they are safe while bf. I feel seriously upset. The first sign of rage and i might call the doc for a prescription for Zoloft.

Can someone reassure me that you can still parent an infant with PMS?

How can my body be so different this time around?

Juvysen 05-09-2010 10:27 PM

thought this might help: http://www.truestarhealth.com/member...ent=14ml3p1a97

Have you tried getting your calcium/magnesium in a better ratio? I think I heard that can help, but in any case, b vitamins are supposed to help with mental "disorders" like anxiety, irritability, etc... something to look into, since they're ok w/breastfeeding...

Deir 05-09-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
thought this might help: http://www.truestarhealth.com/member...ent=14ml3p1a97

Have you tried getting your calcium/magnesium in a better ratio? I think I heard that can help, but in any case, b vitamins are supposed to help with mental "disorders" like anxiety, irritability, etc... something to look into, since they're ok w/breastfeeding...
Thanks! yeah- I'm all about cal/mag and they definitely help but I am still worried. I just thought I was clear of worry for a while! Thanks for that site.

Juvysen 05-10-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir View Post
Thanks! yeah- I'm all about cal/mag and they definitely help but I am still worried. I just thought I was clear of worry for a while! Thanks for that site.
I don't blame you... sounds scary! I'm still worried about the potential for PPD... mine hit later (around 6 months pp) last time and it was... scary, so I totally get that "oh please no!" feeling...

Here's hoping we're both worried for nothing!

lunita1 05-10-2010 11:29 AM

My period didn't show up until 14+ months the last three times, but yesterday I started spotting. I was totally taken by surprise. It was the last thing I expected that could be causing the migraine headache I had for the last couple of days (I mean, I often get them as part of pms, but I figured I was a good 12 months or more away from worrying about pms!) I'm hoping my body is just teasing me, and it will be another year before my cycles REALLy return.

staceychev 05-10-2010 11:35 AM

AF showed up at 8 weeks PP with DD1, and that's tomorrow, so I'm hoping I'll get a little more of a reprieve. What's interesting, though, is DD1 nursed constantly, didn't take a paci or anything, and it still came back. This babe sleeps 6 to 8 hour stretches most nights (I lucked out!), but doesn't take a paci and nurses constantly during the day, so I don't know.

catchthewind 05-11-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMama View Post
WTF!

Same thing with me this time. With DD1, AF came back at 23 months. The month we had decided to start TTC again actually, so it was perfect timing. This time, lochia stopped at about 4 weeks pp, but then I started bleeding again at 7 weeks and it stuck around (though fairly light) for a week. I'm wondering if it's just some extra bleeding though? I vaguely remember something similar happening last time. My lochia stopped around 4-5 weeks, than at 6 weeks PP I had more bleeding that stuck around for a week. So I'm hoping it's just the same sort of thing but happening a little later this time?

I'm tandem nursing this time, it can't come back sooner, right? :P Only big difference is that DD1 rarely slept more than 2-3 hours at a time at night, and DD2 has gone 6-7 a few times and regularly goes 4-5. I don't know if that would make enough difference though?

1babysmom 05-11-2010 12:16 AM

Deir 05-12-2010 10:44 AM

my bleeding hasn't increased. it is still brown/pink spotting. is it possibly not af?

MiaMama 05-12-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir View Post
my bleeding hasn't increased. it is still brown/pink spotting. is it possibly not af?
I am wondering this as well.... My bleeding was bright red, but only lasted like a day and a half.

We have 2 beds in our bedroom. My 3yo and Daddy sleep in the regular bed, and the baby and I sleep on another mattress on the floor. Baby Ziva wakes up at night, but does not really nurse much, she mostly grunts and squirms. Daddy has been out of town this week, so when my 3yo wakes up, I have been climbing up into bed with her for a few minutes, and I have been offering her nursies to help increase the # of night nursings.

I am really hoping this is just a fluke and the real deal AF won't come back for another few months at least.

1babysmom 05-12-2010 12:11 PM

josie423 05-12-2010 12:54 PM

My bleeding was barely-there spotting for a couple days, light but red for a couple days and now is almost gone. I'm wondering as well!

Please just be a hormonal fluke!

Ellien C 05-12-2010 10:00 PM

I had a terrible headache and a sex dream. I think I ovulated at 8 weeks PP but maybe not. Last time it was over a year. I'm 40 and my neighbor has this theory that your body goes through a last burst of fertility. She was over 40 and her youngest are like a year a part!