a wonderful thing happened today... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, just wanted to share this with people who would appreciate it, lol. So this morning, Eleanor had a nice long nap, and while she was napping, I TOOK A SHOWER!! a long, hot shower! and SHAVED MY LEGS!! I have to admit, it wasn't very private, since DS2 invited himself and his trucks in the bathroom (and we have a glass shower). However, I got to stand in the shower and steam away for as long as I wanted, and I didn't have to worry about what DS was doing or hear Eleanor crying.
#2 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM

Ahhhh, A long shower can be a beautiful thing these days!
For me, it's washing and conditioning my hair.
Twice, I've had to get out 1/2 done and continue later in the day or another day.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#3 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM

Whoa, you shaved your legs?!? lol I considered it today, but DD's had a fussy one and I didn't want to get stopped halfway through, so I skipped it.
#4 of 8 Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I did! It was heavenly to stand in the shower that long. All my showers for the last 4 almost 5 weeks have been get in and out ASAP. I timed it just right today, apparently, because I not only had a shower and shaved, I had time to fix my hair, too! I felt like a new woman.
#5 of 8 Old 05-02-2010, 10:36 AM

I'm sure you feel like a new woman! I've never had any trouble showering because our bathroom has a loud fan and DS conks out as soon as I put him in his vibrating bouncy seat and turn the fan on. Even with DD singing loudly, dropping things and bumping into him occasionally, he doesn't stir

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

#6 of 8 Old 05-05-2010, 02:14 PM

oh man, I haven't taken a shower in a couple days.
I'm plotting how I'll fit one in once DH gets home tonight

I did, however, have my own exhilarating moment of freedom last night. DH came home and I handed off Ruben and took the trash to the dump all by myself. It was ~30minutes of total alone time. It was pretty much awesome and I've decided that the dump run now belongs exclusively to me.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#7 of 8 Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post
I did, however, have my own exhilarating moment of freedom last night. DH came home and I handed off Ruben and took the trash to the dump all by myself. It was ~30minutes of total alone time. It was pretty much awesome and I've decided that the dump run now belongs exclusively to me.

LOL!! This totally cracked me up this morning!
#8 of 8 Old 05-20-2010, 09:08 PM

God I love you guys. LOL
I had the doula over just so I could shower once after DH left. Other times I snuck out of bed to shower.. to have him wake up while I was halfway done..

Now that I'm back to work I can shower here even though the facilities aren't fantastic and my blow dryer walked away.. At least I'm not the smelly kid! hahaha.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page