Mobiles - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-13-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
we accidentally got ds a mobile as it came with his bouncy chair.
We thought we wouldn't use it but he loves to look at it!
IT is some random pink elephants!
So I think I should get him another mobile.
Do any of you have mobiles for your baby? Do they like them? Any photos or links to share?
#2 of 8 Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our ceiling fan pull cord in the bedroom has dried flowers, a tiny pot for essential oils and a bendy skeleton action figure. Sounds funny typing that, but somehow over the years those are the things that I've hung up there.

For some reason DD loves staring at them. She will talk and laugh at them while laying on the bed. Been this way since she was born practically!

We have mobiles that hang over her swing and one other, but those she isn't interested in!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#3 of 8 Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have the mobile that's attached to the swing. Avery's just recently started noticing that there are fish up there and he talks to them now.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#4 of 8 Old 05-20-2010, 12:17 AM

I bought this one when DS3 was a little over 4 weeks old. I just now got new batteries in it and got it up on L's crib and she loves it. We just use it for a few minutes at a time, to entertain her while I go to the bathroom, to give her 5 minutes of peace in our crazy house, or to help her calm down before bedtime while I'm putting her brother to bed. I'd never had one before and was really surprised when DS3 loved it, and I'm even more surprised that L actually likes it too.

I think they're more entertaining than ceiling fans and worth a shot as long as all you hope to get are a few minutes a day out of them.

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#5 of 8 Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 PM

DS is obsessed with the fan & his mobile.
I wasn't even going to hook it up and then saw him checking it out so I put it on his crib. It's a winner. When we get home and I need time to pee/put his bottles in the dishwasher/get our angry gsd to the backyard before she chews a hole in her metal crate I can pop him into the crib for a moment and turn it on and he's totally mesmerized.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#6 of 8 Old 05-21-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
we accidentally got ds a mobile as it came with his bouncy chair.
We thought we wouldn't use it but he loves to look at it!
IT is some random pink elephants!
So I think I should get him another mobile.
Do any of you have mobiles for your baby? Do they like them? Any photos or links to share?
We got one from ikea and hung it up in the car so hes not jsut staring at the back of the seat. He loves to watch it move.

Tee wife to Peter! Mama to Angel baby and Miracle baby born February 23rd 2010
#7 of 8 Old 05-22-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFox View Post
We got one from ikea and hung it up in the car so hes not jsut staring at the back of the seat. He loves to watch it move.
that's a good idea. i may try that

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#8 of 8 Old 05-22-2010, 11:45 PM

search for "mobile" at etsy.com....they're amazing! We ordered an origami crane mobile for dd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZH88NbAEk

She loved it as a baby, and still does as a toddler.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page