Are you still exhausted all the time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi March Mamas,

I'm DDC crashing from the October DDC. I'm pregnant with my first and am extremely exhausted all the time. It has been really hard because I had a very active lifestyle prior to getting pregnant. I'm wondering if the exhaustion was over immediately after you gave birth and if not how long it lasts? I can't imagine being able to take care of a newborn when I'm so sleepy I can't keep my eyes open and it has me a bit anxious.

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
#2 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Can you up your iron and water intake? That much exhaustion actually worries me. I was pooped during pregnancy but I'm feeling great now! I hope you pull out of the fog soon.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
#4 of 7 Old 05-18-2010, 01:59 PM

I was incredibly exhausted during the first trimester too. But it passed when I entered the 2nd trimester. I'm almost positive the same thing will happen for you too!! It's a common first trimester symptom.

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
#5 of 7 Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
Can you up your iron and water intake? That much exhaustion actually worries me. I was pooped during pregnancy but I'm feeling great now! I hope you pull out of the fog soon.
I was a pretty tired preg lady. Drinking nettles and rrl helped pep me up a bit.
As for after having the baby, I got my energy back pretty quickly. I had placenta smoothies and pills directly after along with floradix. I was surprised by the amount of ebergy I had and have.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#6 of 7 Old 05-20-2010, 04:47 AM

I too was absolutely exhausted during pregnancy. For the first 5 months I felt like I was going to die of it, or possibly already had . But it got better very quickly after the birth, like within a few weeks. I feel energetic these days, even with the disturbed sleep. Don't worry about how bad you feel now, it'll pass. And once you have your baby the misery you went through to get there will begin to fade from your mind too. It's been 2 months for me and there are already. Times when I look at my daughter and think, "well, it wasn't THAT bad, maybe I could do it again"! Lol, and after I swore I could never go through it again.

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
#7 of 7 Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 AM

I was exhausted throughout both my pregnancies. It ends with the birth. I'm not saying I haven't had moments of extreme sleep deprivation, but it's a different feeling than pregnancy exhaustion. You will have a few times in your pregnancy when you'll have energy, just make sure you take full advantage of them. Also, normal people rules do not apply to pregnant women - if you want to go to bed at 7, do it. Nap twice a day? Do it.

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page