teething already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2010, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any other early teethers out there? ds is 10 weeks today and i think i can see a little tooth coming in on the top. come to think of it, he's been a little fussier than normal and really drool-y the last week or so, so maybe this explains it. early teething runs in my dh's side of the family.

any tips for a first time mom? what about with nursing...how do teeth affect latch?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 PM

I just had to say... yikes!! I'm so not ready for that yet.. I'm interested in seeing what other people say....

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 PM

My midwife was just telling me yesterday that there is some evidence that some babies go through a bit of a teething phase without any teeth actually popping through around 2-3 months. She said it's like the mouth is sort of getting ready, the teeth move up into the gums a little more, but sometimes you won't actually see any teeth. And most babies do get fussy/drooly around this time, then it often goes away and you might not actually see any teeth for months. Though if early teething runs in the family, he may get an actual tooth too.

My oldest didn't get her first tooth until 10 1/2 months old. It didn't affect her latch at all, at least not noticeably, though she did pop off and on a bit while she was actually teething and she bit me once while nursing (before the tooth was actually through, thankfully she's never bitten since then).

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#4 of 4 Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I noticed avery's started getting a bit of a bulge on his gums, but it's not red or anything yet, so I'm guessing the tooth is a few months away. He's been drooling and really nursey though... and learning about gnawing. LOL

In my experience, though, teeth shouldn't really affect latch. They come in so slow that babies just naturally adjust to accommodate.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page