night nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 8 Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
 
ciga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: new england
Posts: 908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just reading a thread in "life with a babe" and it got me thinking about the way I nurse my little guy in bed. We side-lie nurse but I switch him from side to side for every waking because I have it stuck in my head that I need to alternate boobs. It doesn't wake him up but it definitely wakes me up.

What do you guys do?

Do most people keep them on one side all night? or most of the night?

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
ciga is offline  
#2 of 8 Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 PM
 
ShadowFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also switch from side to side.
He doesnt wake up and I only half wake up.
It works a treat for us.

Tee wife to Peter! Mama to Angel baby and Miracle baby born February 23rd 2010
ShadowFox is offline  
#3 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 AM
 
cocoanib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 2,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I switch, but I climb over her while she stays laying.
If I don't switch I wake up with 1 huge boob!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

cocoanib is offline  
#4 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 04:33 AM
 
angelpie545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near water, with a refreshing rain
Posts: 6,669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoanib View Post
I switch, but I climb over her while she stays laying.
If I don't switch I wake up with 1 huge boob!
Me too! Part of the reason why I switch sides. It's so much more comfortable to have boobs that are the same size and produce similar amounts of milk.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

angelpie545 is offline  
#5 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 03:21 PM
 
cocoanib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 2,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
Me too! Part of the reason why I switch sides. It's so much more comfortable to have boobs that are the same size and produce similar amounts of milk.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

cocoanib is offline  
#6 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 PM
 
october's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a creative option for you Eleanor! I have Eden sleep on a large receiving blanket folded in half. When it's time to switch breasts, I sit up and slide the receiving blanket to the other side of me. It helps to not have to move so much.

Do your babies really *sleep* through nursing? Eden wakes UP to let me know she needs to nurse, and then she'll fall asleep halfway through, but she doesn't sleep from the beginning.

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
october is offline  
#7 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
ciga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: new england
Posts: 908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by october View Post
I have a creative option for you Eleanor! I have Eden sleep on a large receiving blanket folded in half. When it's time to switch breasts, I sit up and slide the receiving blanket to the other side of me. It helps to not have to move so much.

Do your babies really *sleep* through nursing? Eden wakes UP to let me know she needs to nurse, and then she'll fall asleep halfway through, but she doesn't sleep from the beginning.
That's a good idea. I'll try it tonight. We pick him up in his blanket like a hammock sometimes when we don't want to disturb the peace.

also, he does wake up a bit but never even enough to open his eyes. He starts shifting around and making little grunting noises so I know he's ready.

Last night I fed him on one side before I went to bed, moved him to the other side and fed him like that twice during the night, then switched him back to the original side for his morning meal. I changed his diaper at some point but it all blurs together. Anyway, my boobs aren't totally lopsided today, so that is nice. It at least cuts down on the number of times I have to move us around.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
ciga is offline  
#8 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 PM
 
cocoanib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 2,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post
That's a good idea. I'll try it tonight. We pick him up in his blanket like a hammock sometimes when we don't want to disturb the peace.

also, he does wake up a bit but never even enough to open his eyes. He starts shifting around and making little grunting noises so I know he's ready.Last night I fed him on one side before I went to bed, moved him to the other side and fed him like that twice during the night, then switched him back to the original side for his morning meal. I changed his diaper at some point but it all blurs together. Anyway, my boobs aren't totally lopsided today, so that is nice. It at least cuts down on the number of times I have to move us around.
This is what DD does.
Good idea about sliding the blanket.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

cocoanib is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off