Feeling different? Acting different? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's so early! Are you feeling or acting differently yet?

My first sign was sore breasts, and they've stuck around. They're not as bad as the day before my BFP, but they're still sore.

I'm definitely more tired. I get a wave of exhaustion mid-afternoon and again around 7:30. I put myself to bed at 9pm last night (DD has me up at 6:30am), so I think I need to try to continue that.

I've had a couple bouts of mild queasiness and one pretty strong one, but mostly it's the strange feeling of being starving and loving the meal, and then suddenly being completely DONE. No more food, ew, yuck.

And I've been having mild AF-like cramps since implantation.

Acting differently? I'm trying to pay more attention to myself and my body (not easy with a toddler) and I'm trying to eat better and more consistently. But, really, I'm still in that phase where I don't quite believe that it's real.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#2 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 AM

like i said in the other post, mild feelings of nausea here too. some tiredness, but it's hard to tell, DS nurses at night still, i went for a longer run than usual yesterday, we just got back from a trip to visit my parents and it always takes me longer to recover than it used to when i miss sleep. a *teense* more emotional than usual (really mushy things get me all teary-eyed, haha), but mostly i just keep pulling the pee stick out to goggle at it!!! hahaha.

i also feel distinctly .. well.. not unworthy.. but well,(a) a little guilty -- there are some mamas who have been struggling with this much longer than we have, even though it feels like >12 mo for us since we wanted to get pregnant last summer (and we technically did start trying, we just couldn't get preg yet), and then i started having acupuncture and then chinese herbs this winter to see if that would get PPAF to show. and then she did three cycles ago and then this was the first cycle when we could actually try and we caught the egg just like that! so i am shocked and thrilled and totally feel like (b) it's too good to be true.

well and it is ALWAYS too good to be true i know but i'm just so grateful and so wanting it to stick..

babble babble gush gush

but also i'm a little freaked out -- what have we done?? how will we love both DS and this new baby the same?? which I KNOW we will, but still, suddenly i have these worries to add as well.

ha, sorry, jenfl, i think you were talking about pg symptoms and i just went all off on a tangent..!!

maybe i better just go make some breakfast for everyone around here!!
#3 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 AM

i am through the roof about this news. i keep PINCHING myself! when i got the positive result i literally shook so badly it was hard to type the text to my husband (he was at work so i had to text him, his students were having a field day so he called back 2 seconds later and just started laughing).

this was our first month TTC and i feel so incredibly lucky that it was successful the first time around. im an L&D nurse in NYC and the population of women i see is much older so most of them have had various fertility probs; that and being on this board and reading others' difficulties just makes me that much more grateful.

aside from that i literally am finding it difficult not to shout the news from the rooftops! i mean its so early but we decided to tell everyone anyway bc as my mother said, then everyone is sending you good vibes and happy thoughts and all that energy has to be good for something!! haha. not to mention im horrible about keeping secrets.

i DEFINITELY feel pregnant. my breasts are sore, i have to pee all the time, im nauseas every now and then usually when my blood sugar is low, im tired, i get tugging and pulling sensations in my uterine area, i have headaches off and on...but this is my first time around so all of it is completely exhilirating.

also, im in nurse-midwifery school and am literally taking maternal-fetal reproductive anatomy right now (summer semester). so im sitting here taking tests on placental formation and the physiology of the uterus, lactation, fetal development, as i go through it all myself. its WILD and is really making me feel how sacred this experience is.

also, i am hungry, ALL THE TIME which is SO strange because i usually have a small appetite (get full with small portions). not to mention its not time to gain weight yet, i only need 300 extra calories a day! but i am virtually starving all the time. and i noticed this before i even had a BFP and when i thought i WASNT pregnant (2 bfns at 10 and 11 dpo). im trying to load up on protein.

my fam is already making bets about boy or girl! what do you ladies feel like you're carrying? when i talk to it (yes, im already at that point haha!) i just call it baby for now.

so nice to have a group of girls to giggle with about this journey! im young (24) so NONE of my friends are at this stage yet. we are truly the first ones we know in our entire social group/generation to get pregnant.
#4 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 03:52 PM

I'm smiling at everyone, and hoping to join you.

Back to lurking.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#5 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

rollergirl -- I definately know the "what have we done?!" feeling and the wondering about loving the second like the first. I've been waking up at 1am, wondering what we've done to our perfect little family, routines, and simple life. Things have finally gotten easy -- why do I want to go back to the baby stage?! But DD was SO hard as a baby (reflux, undiagnosed dairy allergy, sleep issues) that I think #2 can't help but be easier (knock on wood). But I'm really looking forward to loving someone else like DH and DD!

ks3885 -- Isn't the whole process just fascinating?! I'm worried that with a toddler I won't have the time to appreciate it like I did with #1. I have no gender feelings, but I always tend to think it's a boy -- so a girl was a pleasant surprise.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#6 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

So I bought a new water bottle and have been carrying it around to make sure that I'm drinking enough. I worked out that I need to drink 4 full bottles a day. This worked great last time.

Of course... I didn't have a toddler then. And now she's draining my bottle as often as I am! (Summer in Florida is a killer!) So now I have NO IDEA how much water I'm getting.

Ah, well..... I love that little girl.

#7 of 11 Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 PM

hesperia -- hope you hang out here full time with us soon!

ks -- OMG YAY for you! i would have been SO JEALOUS of all your symptoms first time around and i am thrilled for you that you love them so much! now i am old and boring and am fine with not feeling pregnant for as long as possible as long as the baby sticks i am feeling a little bit like jenfl, when i am going to try to bond with this new teeny tiny baby in here when i have this crazy adorable toddler right here in front of me to look at? i put my hand on my belly last night to say hello to the newbie while i was nursing DS to sleep, and i felt kind of guilty.. sort of like thinking about someone else while you're smooching your SO. hehe. so i tried sending good vibes to the new LO like "hi! this is your big brother nursing! he can't wait to meet you!" etc. it helped, but it's totally different than last time. a lot of the time this time i totally forget that i'm even pregnant. last time i NEVER forgot for more than a second or two. i am going to LOVE hearing you talk about all your excitements ks3885!!!

jenfl, i got DS a new water bottle for that express purpose, hahaha. plus this little dingo doesn't drink enough water to begin with : but that's a good reminder to check in with myself about how much water i need to be drinking all day. i usually drink all day long, but i should probably be making a mental note to make sure it's enough in this hot (FINALLY) weather here in boston!
#8 of 11 Old 07-20-2009, 03:50 PM

I'm not feeling much yet. A little heart-pounding and fatigue. Super strong sense of smell. Hungry a lot. But not much nausea yet - which I had until 12 or 16 weeks with my other two pregnancies. I know it's early, but it won't feel real until my head is in the toilet . Also - I had the hardest time brushing my teeth with the other pregnancies - would get the worst seasickness. I had to sit on the floor, steady my head against the wall and brush slowly. Can't wait for that one.
#9 of 11 Old 07-20-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyRhea View Post
Also - I had the hardest time brushing my teeth with the other pregnancies - would get the worst seasickness. I had to sit on the floor, steady my head against the wall and brush slowly. Can't wait for that one.
OMG THAT IS SO INTENSE! i had to be careful not to gag myself last time and i had some bleeding gums but mama that is SO SERIOUS! hehe, wow, i REALLY hope you don't have to deal with that this time 'round!
#10 of 11 Old 07-22-2009, 03:15 AM

Quote:
so i tried sending good vibes to the new LO like "hi! this is your big brother nursing! he can't wait to meet you!"
omg. i must be pregnant as this just made my eyes go all wide and i started crying! then again, i am nursing my 3 year old to bed and he just fell asleep...i can't believe this...

i'm excited! my BFP was so light this morning...i think i won't believe it until i wake up at some crazy hour to pee

symptoms: sore boobs, INSANE HEARTBURN...or something? does heartburn feel like sulphur in your mouth? barf. that's what i've had steady for about a day now. and a headache, and i'm dizzy. i think i'm also dehydrated though...

and oh man, i am GRUMPY. my poor family...

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#11 of 11 Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm exhausted, have diarrhea (I didn't even know that could be a pg symptom), waves/periods of nausea, threw up three times yesterday butnot today. I'd like to think it's because I'm doing smaller meals and regular snacks and because I got more sleep. Also, I haven't taken my prenatal yet, and I think it was the cause of the entire-evening nausea last night when I took it after dinner. I'm bloated and have that can't-stand-pressure on my lower abdomen going too.

Also, this is weird but when I bend down, my sinuses hurt and I can't breathe well through my nose. That happened with DD's pregnancy too. I started waking up to pee during the night right away too, just like with DD's pregnancy.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page