Weekly thread, Aug 15-22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
7.5 weeks over here.

Unisom+B6 are keeping the m/s manageable -- I've got some Zofran and Phenergan, but haven't resorted to either. I'm starting to feel like an invalid, though -- I don't go much of anywhere because of the threat of m/s kicking in. My eating habits are terrible.

Still have DH home after his surgery, and he's still doing an amazing job being primary on the house and DD. Cleanliness around here is deteriorating significantly, but not to the point that it's overcome my laying-on-the-couch inertia.

My first midwife appointment is Wednesday; I'm hoping to get an early ultrasound referral. Also hoping that I like the midwives more than I've liked the office staff over the phone.

How's everyone else holding up?

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 PM

Can I jump in? My name is Annie, and I got my first BFP Wednesday night, but I don't think I really believed it until yesterday.

I am four weeks as of today. I've been feeling fine except for tightness in my uterus, progressively worsening soreness in my breasts (when does this stop by the way?), and some slight queasiness when riding in the car for too long.

My main issue is that I'm so nervous that something will go wrong. I know it's something I have no control over, so I'm really working to remove the stress from my body.

Jen - I hope your midwife is better than the office staff and that your appointment goes well!
#3 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 01:51 PM

6w as of yesterday, and getting ligament pains any time I try to turn quickly or stand up too fast. It's a good sign, since it means that my uterus is growing, but youch. I also feel like my fundus is creeping up rather high for my dates, but then again, I've been pregnant three times in four years - it's not like it has had a lot of time to settle back into my pelvis, ya know?

We're headed out to the cabin for the weekend, and I'm so glad to not be puking today. : It's the small victories, right?

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#4 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Also: congrats Annie! Love to see TTC girls over here. :::

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#5 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 PM

8 wks tomorrow. we're headed for a 10 hr drive from MA to PA for my pap's funeral on tues. he was having a rough summer as it was and then things suddenly just really went downhill fast. it was so tough to be stuck up here while most of the rest of my family was able to all be together with him. am NOT looking forward to the drive -- DS is not going to love it, we have no air conditioning, and ugh, i am 8 wks pregnant! but at least m/s seems to have seriously calmed down a lot, and maybe i will get a couple of chances to just rest.. i am GLAD we SO's work is so awesome and that he gets some bereavement days off AND that they are letting him take his time off a week early. but THAT also means that we'll then go straight from PA to VA (!!!) (ANOTHER 4 hours to VA) for 5 days and THEN a 10 h drive home. ugh. it's so good we can still do the VA trip even with the PA trip, but lordy, that is NOT what i was thinking i could like to do for the next two weeks of my first trimester! cross fingers for me, mama, that i can keep my patience through all this!

will pop in to check on how people are doing from time to time but won't be able to get on much again until the end of the month..

hope everyone has some really good days in there!!!
#6 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM

I'm 4 weeks and 3 days. Definitely feeling pregnant. A little nauseous. Some food aversions. Feeling a desire to eat better. Lots of veggies and nuts trying to cut back on the grains since they usually dont agree with me and they made my youngest projectile vomit the first few months. I am also really tired. I could sleep all day if i had the chance.

We werent expecting or planning to be pregnant again. So this is our last little surprise. Dh is going to get a vasectomy after this one is born I think. It took me a couple days but am really excited and realized that I need this one last time. Looking forward to meeting the little soul that chose to come to us. :
#7 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post

We're headed out to the cabin for the weekend, and I'm so glad to not be puking today. : It's the small victories, right?
I spoke too soon.

#8 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 PM

Hello, may I join too. I just got my BFP today : Im only 3wks and 4days but I had suspected I was pregnant all week due to sore bbs and cramps.

Its number 2 for us, DS is 18 months. VERY excited though!!

forgot to add I have a EDD of 27th April 2010

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#9 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM

I'm 6 w 1 d. No cramps or spotting so that's good.
I took the kids to the zoo yesterday and they have this train that rides around that we went on. She went in one circle and I wanted to hurl LMAO. A little pukey feeling at times but no vomit.
Breasts are sore. I'm using nipple butter in the morning at at night after DS goes to sleep to eliminate some.
I think I have a little bit of an attitude lately HAHA
My first Dr appointment- since I rescheduled- (with a nurse) will be Monday. I look forward to the dumb magazines and pamphlets and stuff. I don't even now why LOL
DP is coming home tonight until Tuesday. He hasn't been home since July 20 or 21, I forget, so I'm looking forward to the helping hand. He can also watch the kids for my appointment which is good since I didn't want DD to be in the room. I think she'd figure out for sure that I'm pregnant then LOL

ETA: sometimes my boobs get this tingley, falling feeling but for no reason. It isn't even near a time when DS has nursed. Is that what let-down feels like? I've never felt it while nursing either kid. And why would it start almost 3 yrs into nursing?? Another of pregnancies little jokes?

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
#10 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 6w1d and feeling okay. I was spotting and cramping some yesterday which was making me nervous, but it's let up a lot today. I'll feel better after I have my u/s on Monday, I'll be 6w3d then and the heartbeat should be visible. Some mild pain when dd3 nurses and I go from being absolutely ravenous to not even wanting think about food

Welcome and congtraultions to our new ddc members :
#11 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Mandy--that tingly feeling happened to me last time I was pregnant! (I'm nursing my 3 year old DD.) It hasn't happened yet this pregnancy, but I'm only 4 weeks 3 days. I think the tingling is normal, it also happened to a pregnant and nursing friend of mine.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#12 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
Mandy--that tingly feeling happened to me last time I was pregnant! (I'm nursing my 3 year old DD.) It hasn't happened yet this pregnancy, but I'm only 4 weeks 3 days. I think the tingling is normal, it also happened to a pregnant and nursing friend of mine.
Thank you! It's just really odd

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
#13 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 06:33 PM

I'm 5 weeks and 4 days today. I've been on and off tired and I keep having diarrhea (Oh, fun!). That will make going back to work on Monday fun. I am also considering a movie night tonight but don't know what to watch.

Am still very symptomless (putting aside the bouts of pooping) which is odd, but all I can do is wait and see how things go. I still except something to kick in full force once I go back to work, just to make my life more interesting.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#14 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 06:52 PM

Five weeks today and still tired as all get out. Although, I at least now have intervals of energy where I can get something done instead of walking around all day like a zombie. Boobs are a little tingly and nipples are a little sensitive, but really, if I didn't know that I was pregnant, I could miss all the signs (even the exhaustion is not all that unusual for me).

I told DH that right now I could totally be one of those stories on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant." Not really having any symptoms is kind of awesome, but I do just want to make sure that the apple seed is ok. I've got three more weeks until my first MW appointment, so who knows what will happen to me in between now and then!
#15 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 07:02 PM

5 weeks here. The nausea is controllable when I make sure I eat constantly, but I'm still tired. My breasts are pretty normal feeling, a little big but not sore. Thank goodness.

Jen, my OB has the worst receptionists, I don't know what the deal is but they are borderline rude and certainly do not go out of their way for patients. I've had discussions with other patients of his and it always comes up--like "what is UP with his front office staff???" But he is so so awesome, it's worth dealing with the idiots on the phones. And thankfully, his nurses are great too, I wouldn't want to deal with mean nurses.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#16 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 PM

7 weeks, and only just now starting to feel more than a little queasy. I took a tiny nap last night, then went to bed this morning and slept for 8 hours. I made rice this AM because I was hungry, then halfway through eating it I got super nauseated and had to stop and go to bed RIGHT THEN.

I hate being starving and pukey at the same time. Still have managed to not actually puke, however. I never puked with DS, either.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#17 of 159 Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 PM

I finally bought some Unisom. I was taking B6, drinking ginger tea, upping my protein, and eating small frequent meals without any dent in the 24-hr nausea...so I decided it was time for a trip to the drugstore. Within 30 minutes of taking the unisom I felt SO much better. Granted it makes me really drowsy for an hour or two, but it is totally worth it (for me). I wish I would have bought it last week instead of suffering this whole time. I ate the first meal in probably 2 weeks that actually tasted delicious rather than just being manageable. I hope the meds continue to work! :

SuzieQ (27), wife to my wonderful husband of 5 years, mom to a beautiful baby boy born 3.28.10
#18 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 12:59 AM

I've been feeling great. I imagine the yucky feelings will kick in next week when I'm 6wks. I was having regular loose BMs like clockwork every morning and that is starting to slow down, eek.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#19 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 AM

welcome new members and congratulations! :

hi especially to annie, TTC threadkeeper buddy ! so cool we are here together, and sorin too . btw, don't know if you guys know, but i took over the one from jenfl, who got her bfp as threadkeeper too!

annie, my breasts are less sore during the day now, but i think they are growing or something at night - i wake up w/ a lot of pain in the middle of the night. no sleeping naked - i need the support of at least a fitted nightgown! i have GOT to go today and get some more comfy, looser fitting or room to grow type bras. i sure hope they calm down soon, for you too - the pain sucks!

ivymae, i'm getting sharp pain when i sneeze or cough too! so that's ligament pain?

5w, 5 days, and no more uterine cramping, which i had a LOT in week 4... is time creeeeeeping by for anyone else, as far as days/weeks??? probably would help not to post here every day

i'm definitely feeling queezy, yesterday was the worst yet. i'm very glad about it, b/c it helps me deal with m/c fears, but i'm hoping against hope i can keep puke-fest at bay.... i'm finding the ONLY thing that really calms the queeze is protein. i MUST have a little bit at least immediately when i wake up, and with every meal. then i take my B-complex with a glass of water. i've experimented with a few bites of chicken (we have bunch of grilled chix in the fridge), and a spoon of almond butter. both work but i'm worried if i jump for something like that everytime i feel sick, i'll gain too much weight. this morning, i had a small glass of milk, and haven't had bfast yet. it may be wearing off...

so, i was looking at a crib yesterday, in an organic home store, and the woman helping me had a 10-month-old crawling around. the baby was getting squirrely, so she picked it up, and as she's telling me about the features of this crib, pulls down her (v-neck) shirt exposing her breast, and latches her baby on. i KNOW it's asheville, and i'm in a baby store, but i was like ..... well i HOPE i was looking like , since i really have no problem w/ it whatsoever, but it was a bit of a shock, heehee. it definitely contributed (along w/ another friend's advice) that i don't think i'm going to use nursing bras - it looked so easy! i will probably use a bit of cover though

speaking of bras, a question for you ladies. now that some of us are expanding, hemhem, are you looking for bigger bras? i know i'm obsessed, but i'm wondering whether i can get some soft, forgiving ones that might hopefully accomodate some more growth and work instead of the standard nurser. one of my friends showed me a bra she uses - the strap in front, above the cup, has a release, so she just lowers the whole cup. but i'm thinking i may not even need to do that, if i get something that has give. i do *always* need something that is padded (just not thin) b/c of headlight nipples. besides, i'm thinking something thicker would maybe hide breast pads a little better.

jeeze, sorry for the tome!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#20 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM

7 weeks and feeling pretty good. time ALWAYS creeps for me until about 12 weeks or so. a bump always makes things better!
#21 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Time is going by really slow for me also. I'm 4 weeks, 4 days today. Each day seems like an eternity! I just want to fast forward to 12 weeks and find out that the baby is ok.

I'm having off an on nausea, kind of like being motion sick. Sometimes I get this terrible gagging lump in my throat that I can't get rid of for several hours. It's terrible! The more I swallow the bigger the lump seems to get, and drinking doesn't help it. Any food I eat feels like it gets stuck in the lump. Ugh.

I'm also extremely exhausted. I just vacuumed the kitchen and living room, which are small, and I'm ready for a nap. I couldn't manage to swallow my vitamin this morning...maybe I need more iron.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#22 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 PM

6w1d here. Still intermittently spotting/cramping. I passed some small bits of grayish/purplish tissue the other day. I think I may be leaving you all. Anyway, I emailed the m/w and just haven't heard back. I still feel pretty sick and all. A little dizzy, too. I guess it's all wait and see now. I may take another pg test just to see if the line is more faint or something.

me luxlove.gif+ dh kewl.gif= dd reading.gif , ds mischievous.gif , ds2 biggrinbounce.gif, dd2 baby.gif

#23 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damselfly41 View Post
6w1d here. Still intermittently spotting/cramping. I passed some small bits of grayish/purplish tissue the other day. I think I may be leaving you all. Anyway, I emailed the m/w and just haven't heard back. I still feel pretty sick and all. A little dizzy, too. I guess it's all wait and see now. I may take another pg test just to see if the line is more faint or something.
Oh, no! I hope that everything turns out to be ok.

As for me today . . . Y A W N.
Again.
As usual.
I am this close to making a cup of coffee. I haven't had any caffeine since finding out I'm pregnant, and I know that a cup or two a day is fine. I just might have to avail myself of that privilege because this whole exhausted thing is getting ridiculous!
#24 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
I couldn't manage to swallow my vitamin this morning...maybe I need more iron.
Keep an eye on how you feel, though -- in the first trimester, iron can make your nausea worse. I actually gave up my prenatal for just folic acid and got some improvement.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#25 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 PM

damselfly, oh my goodness. that is scary, but i'm holding out hope that everything is ok with you! what are your next steps? i guess talking to your midwife...

sorin, a-ha! i didn't realize you had cut caffeine out cold turkey - maybe that has something to do with how you're feeling?

afm, i held off the nausea all afternoon by swigging water and eating a pecan every hour or whenever i felt a twinge. i'm not happy about having to eat constantly to keep the queeze at bay, so i'm trying to figure out the SMALLEST thing that has protein and will work

i'm also taking a vitamin b-complex instead of a prego multi. i heard Bs help w/ nausea from jenfl

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#26 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 PM

Home from a weekend of puking at the lake. Lovely. I finally broke out the Unisom and took a 1/4 of a pill and I was OUT for three hours. Oops. DH had planned on putting some new windows in the cabin on Saturday, but instead he got to spend the afternoon with the girls since I was passed out cold. But hey, I wasn't puking, so that was a plus, haha.

I'm feeling more connected to this pregnancy lately, which is a weight off my shoulders. With my girls, I knew instinctively that was I pregnant before I ever tested, but this time I didn't feel the presence of my little passenger and that made me nervous. Perhaps this one is a quieter spirit than my girls, which sounds LOVELY right about now (as they bang spoons on metal pans).

#27 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 09:18 PM

7 weeks today here. The m/s has been hitting harder every day for the last 3 days. Each morning it's worse and lasts longer than it did the day before. And if I let myself get even the slightest bit hungry then it's way worse.

I'm wondering what you are all eating with protein? I know it makes it better but for some reason all I "want" to eat is dry carbs. But then they don't make me feel better. So I do meat for meals and then peanut butter, dairy(yogurt,cottage cheese, cheese..), protein shakes, almonds, but they all have tons of calories. Maybe I need that much? Cause I've lost a few pounds. Anyone know what the daily calorie needs are for a pregnant and nursing mama?

Mama to three wonderful girls, H (9-2-04), A (8-23-07), and Q(4-24-11, our Easter baby). Married to D since (6-3-00).

#28 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM

The brown spotting turned to red today. I hate this. Too early probably to find out much. We'll see.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#29 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

ivymae -- I had the knock-me-out problem with the Unisom the first few times I took it, but I seem to have acclimated. I still feel a slight pull of drowsiness 30-60 minutes after I take it, but it's easy to shake off and it doesn't stick around. And you can't beat the nausea improvement!

floiejo2 -- I'm having a hard time getting protein, too. I eat half a PB&J sandwich for my morning protein, but the rest of the day is a struggle. I've got string cheese in the fridge and I serve DD meat at meals, but I just can't do it sometimes. Tonight I managed some fish, but that's an exception.

sew_crafty_girl --

#30 of 159 Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM

I'm at 7 weeks. Feeling nauseated a lot of the day, but also learning to cope with it. It's not like I'm throwing up. I just have this feeling of nausea, especially if I go more than 3-4 hours without eating. I love fruits for breakfast, but unless there is something solid in my stomach, I start feeling queezy. It's ironic because I've lived on mostly green smoothies, raw soups, and salads before I found out that I'm pregnant. Now, I can't chew those greens, and I seem somewhat OK with a green smoothie, but I don't love the taste that much. I'm back to eating some meat, and definitely craving it. Cooked veggies like steamed zucchini go down a lot better than a salad. I started taking B complex today this morning, hoping it will help with nausea.

Emotionally, I feel really good, much more optimistic now and excited. Although, apparently, I've been more grumpy too. My friend told me I'm more bitchy when I'm pregnant. Who wouldn't be, feeling sick most of the day? I'm just saying. Oh, and sleep, I'm definitely sleeping more!

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page