Morning Sickness - how are you feeling so far? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to talk about morning sickness. I can't remember when it started in my last pregnancy even though that was less than 2 years ago. I am thinking 6 weeks? I am about 4.5 weeks right now, due on April 22nd ( I know we don't all believe in EDD, but you know... )

I haven't had any serious nausea... just a tad here and there. I am not looking forward to it and of course am wondering if I will get away with not really having any this time. Hah!

How is everyone in April feeling so far?

Mommy to DS 6/08, Expecting :
4/10 by c-section.
#2 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:09 PM

I keep having a little queasiness every morning after I eat breakfast (which is also when I take my vitamins, so it might be that). Other than that, I haven't really had anything. I'm only 4.5 weeks as well.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#3 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:15 PM

I have no morning sickness at all, I didn't get it with my first pregnancy either. With my second, I only felt queasy a couple times. I am about 7 weeks today. Actually, I really have no symptoms at all so far. It is worrying me a little, I keep taking pg tests to make sure the first few weren't false positives!

Mom to Zolan 10-10-06 and Silas 7-10-08, wife to Ben since 12-1-06
#4 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:18 PM

I haven't puked yet, but I'm not a puker at all.

BUT, I feel disgusting. A couple times I've wondered if puking would HELP.

It started at about 5.5 weeks for me, and I'm 7 weeks today.

I also feel like I'm really gassy, but it's just sitting there not moving either direction. Ugh.

Can we take GasX or anything like that?

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#5 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry you are feeling so icky already rhiOrion. Not sure about the GasX. I am glad I have my own office at work for that reason though!

4/10 by c-section.
#6 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM

I'm trying to look at it as though it's a good thing. It's what's supposed to happen.

But really, I'd rather just have the sore boobs as an indication that stuff is moving along nicely in there, and be one of the 25% who don't get M/S

#7 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:39 PM

8 weeks over here and I have had ms since 6 weeks. It lasts all day, in fact, it gets a little worse for me at night. Eating something solid helps for a little while. I think B complex made me feel better. I have no idea why this pregnancy, it's worse than last. Last time, I was only slightly sick in the mornings, and it went away when I had breakfast. Oh well, I'm sure second semester will be a lot better!

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#8 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 02:48 PM

I'm only about 4.5 weeks. I've felt perfectly fine most days. I actually felt great yesterday, and it almost scared me a little bit. Today was my first day of feeling actually queasy, but nowhere near I'm actually going to throw up levels.
#9 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
I also feel like I'm really gassy, but it's just sitting there not moving either direction. Ugh.
I feel gassy too, but mine is definitely moving! I can't stop burping. Not major burps, just tiny ones. Over, and over, and over...

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#10 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 PM

The day after I found out it was twins (6w1d) my life turned upside down and on came the nausea. It's been misery ever since. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling horrible. The worst for me are the headaches.

I'm trying to constantly eat something, but I have no appetite and when I am hungry, the stuff I'm eating makes me want to puke. It also takes me a REALLY long time to eat what I do eat.

I'm 7w today and the next 5 weeks can't pass by fast enough. I can't do this the entire pregnancy

Pregnant with B/G twins Due early April 2009
#11 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 04:32 PM

i feel nauseas in the mornings and..sort of, all day..especially when hungry.

its awful and i never puke but i too wonder if puking would help. ugh!
#12 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM

6.5 wks here. No morning sickness really. I did have a few mild bouts of nausea and one really horrible night, but then I discovered that it only happens when I eat high fat dairy (twice with whole milk and twice with ice cream). So weird, because I've never had a problem with dairy before. I looked online and found that because our digestion is so slow right now, and because high fat dairy takes even longer to digest than low fat, that the extra time with the bacteria trying to handle the lactose can cause some sort of pregnancy induced lactose intolerance type symptoms. Nothing online is entirely clear on the mechanism, but I stopped drinking whole milk and after that last ice cream experience, I am repulsed by ice cream! And now I'm fine.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#13 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM

I just turned 6 weeks and have been feeling a bit queasy today. I'm not a puker, but I get the all day queasy feeling. I'm really hoping I don't get it this time. Gotta keep stuffing my face to help it stay away! I don't want to have to take meds because they make me sleepy and dry-mouthed.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#14 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM

I am 6.5 weeks and for the past 4 days I have been utterly exhausted and really queasy...My kids are at grandmas all day, and I was suppose to garden for 8 hours straight....that didn't end up happening....I took a 3 hour nap...ate crackers in bed, and dug up one hosta in the garden....after looking at all the garden bugs, I just couldn't stomach it. Not only that, but I feel like I have lead weights in my shoes, no, I don't think I will be productive today. Anyway, I am feeling much more symptomatic this pregnancy than my other two put together. Oh, and I would love to get on vit. B....is it B complex or B-6?

Hayley SAHM to Ryan (02) & Annabel (06) and Jameson (10)
#15 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 PM

I am 7 weeks tomorrow, and I feel like crap. I have puked a few times, but generally I just feel really nauseas all day and night. I'm hungry, but nothing at all appeals to me. Smoothies and milkshakes seem to be about all I can handle. I'm sitting here waiting for dp to get home and make dinner because I can't even handle the smell in the kitchen. I wasn't nearly this bad last time and I hope it goes away soon, it's been like this since 5 weeks.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#16 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
I am 7 weeks tomorrow, and I feel like crap. I have puked a few times, but generally I just feel really nauseas all day and night. I'm hungry, but nothing at all appeals to me. Smoothies and milkshakes seem to be about all I can handle. I'm sitting here waiting for dp to get home and make dinner because I can't even handle the smell in the kitchen. I wasn't nearly this bad last time and I hope it goes away soon, it's been like this since 5 weeks.

This. ugh. I had a very berry sundae from Costco today, and it was good! Seems like what works one day turns my stomach the next, though.

Forgot to say I'm almost 8 weeks.
#17 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM

nausea has been coming and going. i always freak out when the nausea goes away b/c i was queasy all the time with my first. mostly i've had heartburn this week but i am only 5 wks.
#18 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 09:13 PM

I feel terrible. I'm 7 weeks and it fully hit on Sunday. The mornings are REALLY rough and it seems to get better around 12pm. I stayed home from work on Monday and wasn't sure I could make it all day today. I can't eat much of anything. It's 7pm and I'm starving, but nothing is appealing. I almost threw up twice this morning, but I haven't thrown up yet. I also wondered if I would feel better if I made myself puke. However, I HATE throwing up; it's the worst feeling!

Rhiorion, I am ALSO very bloated and gassy. I also have my own office and I'm glad for that!

DS1: Noah Christopher 4.9.10, 6lbs, 14oz, 20in-And still Nursing!!  

TTC #2

#19 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 09:49 PM

So I just went to the pharmacy on my way home from dinner and asked about GasX. They said it's perfectly fine. So I bought it, figuring I'd do my own research when I got home. It's technically listed as a Class C drug, but everything I can find online says it's fine to use during pregnancy. And honestly, I felt so bad that it felt worth it to just take.

Feeling much better now

#20 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 PM

7 weeks this Friday, and feeling crummy. I have nausea even when not pregnant, but pregnancy kicks it up into throwing up multiple times a day, and almost without warning. It makes leaving the house an adventure, and even though I keep a plastic bag on me at all times, I've thrown up behind trees more than once this week when I just do not have enough warning to reach into my pocket and unfold it. When I'm NOT throwing up though, I feel okay. Exhausted, nauseous, and irritable, but not throwing up, so okay.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#21 of 54 Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Awful. I was diagnosed with HG just before 5 weeks. I'm on Zofran ODT and that's keeping a lot of it under control, but I'm still nauseated much of the time, even when doing the B6/unisom combo. Most evenings, I feel hungry and like there's not a single food item I'd actually like to eat.

On the plus side, I've officially been feeling like this for 4.5 weeks, and there's only 4.5 weeks to go until the end of 1st tri. I'm not looking for miracles (I threw up my entire pregnancy last time, while on meds), but I do remember things easing up some after 12 weeks. It seems better to think of this as a halfway point, because then I feel like I ought to be able to drag myself through the next half.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#22 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 PM

Where's the HG thread?
#23 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 PM

I feel normal in the morning, just starving. Then the day slowly goes down hill until I feel horrible at night.

I keep getting this terrible gagging lump in my throat and NOTHING gets rid of it!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#24 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Is HG = Hyperkjfldskjfldsj Gravidum? As in... excessive nausea to the point of dehydration?

4/10 by c-section.
#25 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Can we take GasX or anything like that?
I seem to recall from DD -- when I obsessively checked every prohibition -- that GasX is iffy. It may be bad. I avoided it, and boy, did I need it. Already do again.

What helps me is lying on my left side. That seems to release the gas.

I'm just a little queasy so far. M/s kicked in at 6 wks on the dot for me last time.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#26 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
So I just went to the pharmacy on my way home from dinner and asked about GasX. They said it's perfectly fine. So I bought it, figuring I'd do my own research when I got home. It's technically listed as a Class C drug, but everything I can find online says it's fine to use during pregnancy. And honestly, I felt so bad that it felt worth it to just take.

Feeling much better now
Oops. Didn't see this before I posted. Good to know. If I really need it this time, I will.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#27 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM

im only 4w 2d and feeling fine so far, no sore bbs, mild cramping every now and then but other than that, fine! With Ds the vomitation began at 6 weeks and lasted until 18 weeks..so i think i might have it to look forward to within the next few weeks.

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#28 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
Oops. Didn't see this before I posted. Good to know. If I really need it this time, I will.
I just googled Gas-X and couldn't find anything bad about it. I read that it isn't absorbed into the intestines (and then on into the blood stream) so it doesn't go to the placenta or the baby.

I was worried when I first read it mentioned on here because sometimes when everything inside of me is bubbling up Gas-x is my savior!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#29 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 PM

8 wks yesterday and feeling so lousy. Today is my worst day so far. I notice it being much worse on hot/humid days like today. I don't puke just walk around feeling like I am going to especially when the burps come on as someone else said.

Ugghh...I feel like such a complainer this time around. I want to share the news just so I can say how tired and crappy I feel and have someone feel bad for me. I remember it being pretty much smooth sailing after the morning sickness and exhaustion of the first trimester passed. But a month is so far away!
#30 of 54 Old 08-20-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHCFamily View Post
Ugghh...I feel like such a complainer this time around. I want to share the news just so I can say how tired and crappy I feel and have someone feel bad for me. I remember it being pretty much smooth sailing after the morning sickness and exhaustion of the first trimester passed. But a month is so far away!
I'm being SUCH a complainer. It's awful.

I'm taking you veteran mommies at your word. It's just GOT to get better eventually.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page