Mothering Forum banner

My boobs are ginormous!

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  dogretro 
#1 ·
So, Monday I decided it was time for a new bra because none of my fit...at 10 weeks. Normal and yes, completely expected it. Here's the problem...without being pregnant, I was a 32G, at 10weeks, I'm a 32H!!!! That's two cup sizes! Is anyone else here small framed with huge boobs?? Maybe when I actually have a pregnancy belly, it will even out all the weight so I don't topple over. Not to mention, I can't just buy bras at Target or Kohls...I have to buy from the big department stores (Nordstrom) and the $74 I just spent on a new bra I will probably have to spend again in another month!!
But, my boobs don't hurt anymore...are they done growing until my milk comes in??

See less See more
#2 ·
Ugh. I'm there with you! In my first pregnancy, I went from a small D to a G in a matter of a couple of weeks! And I stayed at a G all through nursing, and had only weaned 3 months when I get pregnant.

I've been noticing over the past few days that (the sides of) my boobs are sore and feel heavy. This morning I put on a $75 bra, and it no longer fits properly!
I'm am so sad about this.

When these bras no longer fit comfortably (forget properly!), I'll probably go back to wearing the soft-cup Bravado nursing bras. Not sexy, but at least I know I won't grow out of them.

#5 ·
32G here. It's absurd. I get my bras from Nordstrom too, and they're still really comfortable. I have Chantelle, Fantasie, and Le Mystere. I hate nursing bras and will avoid them for as long as possible. This is our last, so I'm hoping that once I'm done nursing I'll see substantial shrinkage.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilson View Post
32G here. It's absurd. I get my bras from Nordstrom too, and they're still really comfortable. I have Chantelle, Fantasie, and Le Mystere. I hate nursing bras and will avoid them for as long as possible. This is our last, so I'm hoping that once I'm done nursing I'll see substantial shrinkage.
Me, too. And I've already told my husband to start saving up - if they DON'T shrink, I want reduction surgery!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Me, too. And I've already told my husband to start saving up - if they DON'T shrink, I want reduction surgery!
Me too! I'm hoping insurance will cover it though. My sister had a reduction, and insurance covered it fully because she had such large breasts for such a small frame.

#8 ·
SO I went and got measured tonight...I have gone from a 38D to a 38F or a 40E
IT IS SO FLIPPING CRAZY! I knew I was larger but DANG and I lost 15lbs, so I am now 195...they are way huge for me

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonjuanja View Post
Tell me about these Bravado bras.... where can I get them and will they make them a 32H or larger?
I don't like bravado bras (I'm a 34G/H right now). They squish my boobs together, and if I don't use powder (which I'm not supposed to when nursing) I get yeast infections, yuk!

I wear fantasie bras, and I converted them myself into nursing bras. I used hook-and-eyes for the two that I have, but you can buy nursing bra clasps here. My best bras have underwire, which I guess is a no-no while nursing, but as long as I don't sleep in them, I don't have a problem.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
I don't like bravado bras (I'm a 34G/H right now). They squish my boobs together, and if I don't use powder (which I'm not supposed to when nursing) I get yeast infections, yuk!

I wear fantasie bras, and I converted them myself into nursing bras. I used hook-and-eyes for the two that I have, but you can buy nursing bra clasps here. My best bras have underwire, which I guess is a no-no while nursing, but as long as I don't sleep in them, I don't have a problem.
I actually found that an underwire bra that fit properly was more comfortable AND prevented plugged ducts. I know, it's exactly what you're told not to do if you have plugged ducts that reoccur. But, as soon as I switched from a non-wire nursing bra to my regular Chantelle and Fantasie...not another plugged duct. I'll have to check out the underwire clasps.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilson View Post
I actually found that an underwire bra that fit properly was more comfortable AND prevented plugged ducts. I know, it's exactly what you're told not to do if you have plugged ducts that reoccur. But, as soon as I switched from a non-wire nursing bra to my regular Chantelle and Fantasie...not another plugged duct. I'll have to check out the underwire clasps.
I think women with smaller boobs have a harder time with underwires because their wire is touching more of their boob, ykwim? With big boobs/small frame, there's more fat there to cushion the underwire. Non-underwire bras just don't get my boobs into the right "place." And every. single. last. one. has my boobs rubbing together with cleavage, or underneath. Underwire bras at least give me two separate boobs.

#12 ·
Before getting pg w/ dd, I was a 34DD. Went up to a G during pg and up to a J when my milk came in. The bras that tend to fit me best are Goddess bras (also b/c Im not spending $74 EACH). I order bras from here: http://breakoutbras.com/ and here: http://www.mothersboutique.com/ I do not like underwires, so it is important to me to have v supportive non-wire bras.

I hoped that weaning would shrink my boobs, but they only went down to a pendulous 34G. I plan on this being my last pg & am 100% getting a reduction after weaning!!!!

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogretro View Post
I plan on this being my last pg & am 100% getting a reduction after weaning!!!!
This is not my last pregnancy, but I am totally getting a reduction when I'm done with my last. It's tentatively planned for my 40th birthday present to myself. I'm totally looking forward to buying cute bras at Victoria Secret for less than $20.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
This is not my last pregnancy, but I am totally getting a reduction when I'm done with my last. It's tentatively planned for my 40th birthday present to myself. I'm totally looking forward to buying cute bras at Victoria Secret for less than $20.
VS has bras for under $20?? When did that happen? The last time I bought bras was in 07 and I spent $50 for each bra. They didn't have anything under $40 for anything in my size.

My nursing bras were from MM and they had underwires. I NEEDED the support

#15 ·
Aylaanne, I originally planned on a reduction as a 40th bday present, but then was like, hello, why wait that long if Im done having kids before then? What really pushed me forward was my boobs not shrinking back after weaning & them just looking so gross w/out a bra. I am too young to look like National Geographic!!! (Im 29) My aunt, her youngest is 20 & she just got her reduction this year! I think we will feel (and of course, look) so much better after having it done

#16 ·
I might be done with kids, but I might not be done with nursing. I'm planning on being done after 35. So if I give birth that year, it's entirely possible I'll still be nursing at 40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.