Does your mamma intuition say boy or girl? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Are you feeling boy or girl?
I have NO idea!! 17 25.76%
Leaning just a teensy bit towards girl 11 16.67%
Definitely girl 10 15.15%
Definitely a boy 10 15.15%
Leaning just a teensy bit towards boy 18 27.27%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmm, truthfully I have no idea, but I voted "leaning a teensy bit towards boy" just because all of my dreams have involved baby boys. I think this has more to do with the fact that both my husband and I are slightly more freaked out by the idea of having a boy than a girl because we both have sisters and no brothers, so that's what we're used to. And we can come up with boatloads of girl names we like, but not as many boy names.

SuzieQ (27), wife to my wonderful husband of 5 years, mom to a beautiful baby boy born 3.28.10
#32 of 47 Old 09-13-2009, 11:13 PM

I'm a terrible psychic, but I think I'm having a boy. (I picked "leaning towards", but I feel somewhere in between that and "definitely.") I just have a feeling - a lot like how I knew I was pregnant before I tested. We'll see.

I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow - I'm 12 weeks, and I opted to do the nuchal fold screening test. Apparently the ultrasound they use for that is high resolution, and sometimes they can see the little parts. DH and I talked it over, and if they can tell us the gender tomorrow, we want to know!

So exciting! :

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#33 of 47 Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 AM

Boy.

DH says twins. But he said twins with DS, even after we knew it was just one. I think it's his way of being avoidant.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#34 of 47 Old 09-14-2009, 11:08 AM

No idea yet. I am still feeling ambivalent about finding out during pregnancy, so that adds in to my sense of "I don't know". I am waiting for DH's intuition to kick in, because he was the only one who was right last time.

Erin, WOHM yogi mommy to DD (2005):, and DS (2010)

#35 of 47 Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Probably a boy. But, maybe that's cause I already have one, so it's what I know.

This pregnancy is a bit harder on me than my DS's was, so Old wives tale would say girl, but I dunno. It's early still. I was pretty sure DS was a boy, from all the dreams I was having. I haven't had any gender dreams yet. Once I start having those, I may have more of an opinion.

My MIL is sure it's another boy, and she thinks her daughter is pregnant with a girl (she'll be getting a scan in about three weeks or so, so she'll know a LOT sooner than me....since I won't know until birth)
#36 of 47 Old 10-02-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Another thread reminded me of this survey... just in case you haven't voted yet!

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#37 of 47 Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM

With DD, I wanted a girl so badly that I almost lost it (sobbing) in the US when the tech said, "Oh, the baby has it's hands on its genitals-- trouble if you have it's a boy, right, ha ha?" Ugh. I still can't believe she said that. THANK GOODNESS she was a girl, because finding out in that way (hee hee! masturbation joke!) that I was having a boy would have just put me under.

I would really prefer a girl this time, too, but my desire now that I am pregnant is a LOT less strong. (with DD, it certainly never weakened, only increased). So now I am wondering if part of that "desire" was actually intuition that she was a girl (so everything else seemed wrong), and if the fact that my preference is weakening now means boy (?)

Also, this pregnancy has been a lot less pleasant With DD, I felt this overwhelming sense of calm almost the entire pregnancy. I don't know if it was extra estrogen, or what, but I was SO CALM that I even stopped biting my nails-- a habit I have had and hated my whole life. This time.... not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
LMAO!!! Don't worry, penises aren't so penisey when they belong to your own baby.
I hope this is true! I guess my problem is that they become pretty "penisey" once they turn into teenagers, which is the stage I would absolutely dread.

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
#38 of 47 Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 PM

I picked 'definitely boy' but maybe I wouldnt go that far, but its more than a leaning or inkling

Last pregnancy we found out at the 20 U/S but before that I had been utterly convinced that my mumma intuition was correct and that I was having a girl. We had the scan and I was nodding away thinking 'yep, ok, tell me its a girl' and the tech said 'oooh VERY clearly a little boy in there' and pointed to a very clear little penis I almost fainted. What rubbish intuition I have. So im kinda reluctant to trust it again we're not finding out with this one, so, could be fun

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#39 of 47 Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 PM

I want a girl so badly that I'll only refer to this baby as a girl, and I've only looked at girl names. Which probably means it's a boy! We're having an atatomy scan at 20 weeks, so I'll probably know by Christmas, if babe cooperates.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#40 of 47 Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 AM

I'm not sure if it's my intuition or my just wanting a girl very badly. So, I picked definitely girl as that's what I'm "feeling" ... but, we'll see.

First special delivery - April 2010 :
#41 of 47 Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM

I think it's a boy & a girl

Pregnant with B/G twins Due early April 2009
#42 of 47 Old 10-04-2009, 04:29 AM

I was certainy for the first 9 weeks it was a girl.
Now I have no idea. lmao

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#43 of 47 Old 10-04-2009, 11:53 AM

well lets see here; acne that won't go away: girl (but could be stress)
carrying high: boy (could be my imagination)
lost weight??!!! (never happened): no clue
intuition on poss. conception night: boy
m/s and gaggy/sensative to foods (also not usual): no clue
hair loss still at same rate (shoulda been growing by now!): slightly girl?
not to tired/kinda actually rested: slightly boy?

I'm wanting girl, i'm hoping girl, I really need this baby to be a girl. However I'm afraid it's a boy. Guess we'll see in 6 weeks.
#44 of 47 Old 10-04-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
well lets see here; acne that won't go away: girl (but could be stress)
carrying high: boy (could be my imagination)
lost weight??!!! (never happened): no clue
intuition on poss. conception night: boy
m/s and gaggy/sensative to foods (also not usual): no clue
hair loss still at same rate (shoulda been growing by now!): slightly girl?
not to tired/kinda actually rested: slightly boy?

I'm wanting girl, i'm hoping girl, I really need this baby to be a girl. However I'm afraid it's a boy. Guess we'll see in 6 weeks.
When I was pregnant w/ DD, my skin and hair were both better than normal. I wish I had a better understanding of how the pregnancy hormones work, but I think it has more to do with starting levels and level changes... so for me personally, I think going from breastfeeding to pregnant may account more for the "symptoms" than the gender of the baby... (?)

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
#45 of 47 Old 10-05-2009, 12:31 PM

Well, this pregnancy is entirely different from the last two, so... that means my baby is... transgender...

I don't think cravings/skin/sickness mean anything.

I just can't wait for the ultrasound.

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#46 of 47 Old 10-05-2009, 06:53 PM

I said definitley girl. All my dreams have been about having a girl, and I just feel strongly we're having a daughter and so does DH. However, with Hunter I thought he was a girl too and he's a boy. I guess we will see when the time comes.
#47 of 47 Old 10-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post

I just like my girl name. I wanna use it. And boys have penises.
Though ever since week 6 or so I've caught myself thinking in terms of "he". April seems like a long time to find out!!!

Momma to born April 18, 2010!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page