Another - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2009, 01:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so sorry.

I am also shocked that your Midwife is refusing to evaluate further. It is our clinic practice (in a situation like yours) to check hCG levels and perform a repeat US.
It should really be your choice. I am sorry you are meeting resistance.

Married to my best friend since 08/05
Joyful mother to DS born 11/07 and DD born 04/10 (an unexpected HB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 01:35 PM

Everywhere around here requires a referral, unfortunately. Can you check with your original ob? Or, if you have a general practitioner you could ask them to give you a referral. I asked my GP after our loss in January and she set me up an appointment for an u/s in about 5 minutes. I wish you the best of luck no matter what may happen.

Amri- mama to Indica 12.08.06 and Kytan 04.04.10
Old 09-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians_mommy View Post
I am so sorry.

I am also shocked that your Midwife is refusing to evaluate further. It is our clinic practice (in a situation like yours) to check hCG levels and perform a repeat US.
It should really be your choice. I am sorry you are meeting resistance.
: I'm so sorry. I can't understand how they won't offer you some peace of mind, one way or the other.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

I am pretty disappointed in my midwife, and hurt. I called my new midwife and told her that my old one refused the bloodwork. She told me to call the doctor back this morning to ask for another ultrasound in two weeks. She felt like it was really important for me to have my doubts examined and fears validated. I didn't think the doctor would order another ultrasound because when I called this morning they told me it wasn't necessary and kept asking me why I wanted another scan. I was happy when they called back and told me she would fax orders to a place close by so I could avoid the long commute and wait. So now, I am taking a pregnancy test in a week and right before the ultrasound in two weeks incase my hcg drops low enough to not show up so I know I can cancel the ultrasound. It's going to be a hard two weeks, but better then a lifetime of wondering what if. Here's praying for a miracle and/or peace of mind.

Mom to Zolan 10-10-06 and Silas 7-10-08, wife to Ben since 12-1-06
Old 09-17-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina10106 View Post
I am pretty disappointed in my midwife, and hurt. I called my new midwife and told her that my old one refused the bloodwork. She told me to call the doctor back this morning to ask for another ultrasound in two weeks. She felt like it was really important for me to have my doubts examined and fears validated. I didn't think the doctor would order another ultrasound because when I called this morning they told me it wasn't necessary and kept asking me why I wanted another scan. I was happy when they called back and told me she would fax orders to a place close by so I could avoid the long commute and wait. So now, I am taking a pregnancy test in a week and right before the ultrasound in two weeks incase my hcg drops low enough to not show up so I know I can cancel the ultrasound. It's going to be a hard two weeks, but better then a lifetime of wondering what if. Here's praying for a miracle and/or peace of mind.

I hope the next two weeks go by quickly.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
Old 09-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Thinking of you and praying for two peaceful weeks.

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for you.

User Tag List