Quickening--how soon? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What is the soonest you have felt a baby moving?
Week 14 16 41.03%
Week 15 7 17.95%
Week 16 7 17.95%
Week 17 3 7.69%
Week 18 1 2.56%
Week 19 1 2.56%
Week 20+ 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiorion View Post
okay, so i'm 12 weeks and have an anterior placenta. So there is really no reason i should even be thinking about movement yet.

But just a second ago i felt something flutter inside me and i thought, "whoa, did i just feel movement?!"

then i farted.

*sigh*

hahahahahha!

eta- i seriously typed that message in ALL CAPS and when i clicked submit it changed to lowercase. has it always done that? why have i never noticed?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
Okay, so I'm 12 weeks and have an anterior placenta. So there is really no reason I should even be thinking about movement yet.

But just a second ago I felt something flutter inside me and I thought, "whoa, did I just feel movement?!"

Then I farted.

*sigh*
LOL!!

I'm still waiting and hoping to feel something. Nothing yet.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am so glad you posted this as I wanted to post the exact same question! I am 18 weeks and waiting eagerly for that first feeling.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:22 AM

I felt this baby at 9 weeks 4 days for the first time. Seemed crazy at the time but it was obvious- at least to me. I've felt it on and off since then but in the last week its been daily. I think it was about 13-14 weeks last time.

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
Old 09-26-2009, 06:01 AM

With my first pregnancy I was 16-17 weeks when I first felt her. It was earlier than that with the last two. I am just starting to feel the baby now and I will be 14 weeks this coming week. Sometimes I think it might be gas or whatever but this evening I have been feeling something different and I really think it is the baby, like a little fish brushing against me or something.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:38 AM

Definitely started feeling flutters last week. I was skeptical because with DD it seemed like forever -- maybe week 18ish? But they are there and it is so exciting. DD was so chill in utero. I wonder if I feel flutters because this one is more active..so maybe it's a boy and maybe won't give me a heart attack by arriving 2.5 weeks past my due date. Okay, I'm really stretching here but I like to be optimistic! And one more stretch...if it's a boy, maybe he will be a little more chill than big sis who is the ruler of the universe and making me take really deep breaths these days.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:35 AM

Last night when I startled the baby with the doppler I could hear it moving a lot, and then it thumped loudly and I swear I could feel a light pop/bubble feeling.

10 weeks has to be too soon though, the baby can't be that strong, right? I am really thin, but still. After that I kept feeling not-gas bubbly feelings off and on for half an hour in that same spot.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

Old 09-27-2009, 12:52 PM

i felt the baby for a while last night. just kicking and scratching and moving a whole lot. just constant for at least a minute. i think i even felt a head butt. i say it's more like light caresses but from the inside and quicker.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

I've been uncertain till now, but I feel I can pretty confidently say that the little internal nudges I have been feeling today are baby
We're 14 weeks tomorrow.

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:26 PM

Wow, I can't wait to feel baby! I haven't felt anything like what you are all saying, but I am only 11 1/2 weeks so am not expecting anything for a while.

But at my 9 week ultrasound the tech mentioned that I would probably feel it sooner than most because the baby was positioned toward the back of my uterus? Not sure what the term for that is, anyone know? Can't wait to feel it move, I have another ultrasound tomorrow so I will see what happens!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 AM

I don't usually drink sugary drinks but today I had a can of soda (horrible yeah I know hold the neg comments about it lol) and I swear I felt our lil' one a bit later. & it wasn't bubbles I think I know the difference by now We're 13 weeks now .. I could be about 5 days off, but I don't think so.

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foogoomomma View Post
I don't usually drink sugary drinks but today I had a can of soda (horrible yeah I know hold the neg comments about it lol)
No neg comments here! Some days a Pepsi is the only thing that keeps me from vomiting, and I always drink about half of one before our anatomy ultrasounds so that baby is active and they can get all the pictures they need in one visit.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
No neg comments here! Some days a Pepsi is the only thing that keeps me from vomiting, and I always drink about half of one before our anatomy ultrasounds so that baby is active and they can get all the pictures they need in one visit.
Coke/Pepsi Is my magic nausea cure too. I always feel better after some

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10

User Tag List