Feeling Fat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know it is wrong to feel this way because our bodies are growing a baby, and it is natural toget bigger, but I feel fat! My clothes don't fit. Obviously. I don't feel like paying $$ for maternity clothes that are much larger than the sizes I usually wear. ugh!

The main way to stave off morning sickness for me, is to eat. So I am eating crap even when I don't want to! I try to stay healthy but at work, it can be hard unless I plan my groceries right, and bring all the fresh fruit and veggies with me. I go to bed at 6:00pm most nights so there is no time to pack.

I totally feel unsexy.

I need to get more excited about being pregnant ( and I do feel blessed and am not taking it for granted ), but I feel fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not even the last trimester yet!

Mommy to DS 6/08, Expecting :
4/10 by c-section.
#2 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 11:27 AM

Right there with you dude. Most of my pants don't really fit at the moment, but I look ridiculous in maternity clothes. Personally, I'll feel better once I actually look pregnant, rather than just fat.

Oh, and I have been eating non-stop. I never really got morning sickness, but I definitely got the increased appetite!

Anyway, you're definitely not alone with the whole feeling fat thing! I'm sure there are a lot of us!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#3 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, I definitely feel more fat than pregnant :/
#4 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM

ditto - kicking myself for not losing more weight before getting knocked up. oh well. gap maternity jeans and cords are looking great on me, except for my thighs, dammit!!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#5 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM

I feel ya. I bought some sexy bras yesterday to feel a little better.
#6 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 04:32 PM

Definitely feeling more fat than pregnant, here. I hope I feel up to biking again soon.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#7 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 PM

Oh yeah, me too. I can't wait to have a big, round, distinctly pregnant belly. Right now... it looks someone stuck a tire pump in my mouth and started pumping. Then dipped me in lard and added a giant beer gut.

Pregnant belly? Adorable!
Spare tire? Less cute.

Part of the problem is my normal pants don't fit and so I'm wearing the weird assortment of workable leftovers... adding to non sexy feeling. Flannel pajama pants? So not hot.
I might do a little second hand store shopping and see if a few outfits that actually fit the current me help the situation.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#8 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I do have a big round pregnant belly, but it's mostly just fat and poor muscle tone :/
#9 of 14 Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

hey! Great idea on the second hand clothing store for loose fitting clothes!

Mommy to DS 6/08, Expecting :
4/10 by c-section.
#10 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 AM

I have a protruding belly, compliments of all that ginger ale I used to fend off morning sickness.

I feel fatter than a fatso on fat day.

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#11 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolenta View Post
I feel fatter than a fatso on fat day.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#12 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 12:24 AM

I was just saying on another thread, how I look "thicker" in my middle. But, not thicker as in "I'm growing a baby." More "I ate too many french fries and now my pants won't button."

I don't feel fat, per se. I just feel as if I have gained fat versus baby. If that makes sense, lol.

First special delivery - April 2010 :
#13 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 12:38 AM

Not only do I look fat but not pregnant, but it feels like I'm getting fatter on the back and sides, so now I'm this giant walking TORSO with flabby legs. And the sad thing is, with dd I never did get the cute basketball-under-your-shirt belly, I just looked fatter all the way along. Oh, I feel your pain, sister.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#14 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 AM

Being formally a chunky girl, i was finally happy with myself, after having lost and maintained 25 lbs weight loss for 2 years. BUt, then I got pregant, and I quit smoking, and I quit taking adderall, and then, MY THYROID quit. So, that 25 lbs has already came back, full force. So, trust me when I say, I feel ya!!!
Luckily for me, i've always had chicken legs and usually gain all my weight in chest and belly anyway, now everyone just says, WOW you look really pregnant for 3 mos. ahha

I think the trick is, to embrace the chunk. Just tell yourself, NO MATTER HOW BIG I GET, I'M GONNA BE CUTE!!! I've vowed not to retreat to the frumpy,no makeup wearing, husband old tshirt and sweatpants attire of pregnancy. I'm buying plenty of clothes on EBAY for reallllllyyy cheap and I'm doing different things to my hair(different styles) and trying out different make ups. It really does make you feel better, I promise.

( I'm also blessed with a great Husband, who tells me everyday, how beautiful I am. And, he gets excited the bigger I get, because that is HIS baby in there. : } )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page