no ms + no movement = worry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,
I'd kind of like to know that I'm not completely crazy here... since my morning sickness has eased off I have been really worrying about everything being "okay" in there. I can't feel movement yet (I am 15 weeks and with dd I didn't feel it until about 18 weeks). So there's nothing that reminds me that I'm pregnant, other than feeling fat. I am starting to wish I had my own doppler and I was seriously considering crashing my mw's office for a quick heartbeat listen. I don't know if this is because we have gone through infertility and miscarriages or if I would be this much of a worrywart anyways, but I don't like it. I want to be enjoying this pregnancy, not being fearful.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#2 of 23 Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have my own doppler, but I have used it less and less. Although I can feel the baby kick here and there, last night I was thinking I really hadn't felt it move in a few days and I got worried and used the doppler...found it, 160bpm.
I don't think there is any harm dropping by your MW's office. I think it makes anyone worry when they have had losses.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#3 of 23 Old 10-31-2009, 04:00 PM

I am sure everything is okay, but I would have no qualms about calling my MW and asking for a quick HB check. It's easier to trust your body when it has consistently lived up to your expectations, but it is hard when it has let you down in the past. something that helps me relax when i am sure this pregnancy is doomed is to meditate on a positive emotion (hearing my girls laughing together, a spontaneous kiss from my husband, eating a really satisfying meal ) and then "sending" that emotion to baby. It doesn't confirm that baby is there, but it makes me feel less alone, and makes me focus on that emotion (instead of anxiety) for a little while.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#4 of 23 Old 10-31-2009, 04:13 PM

I completely understand mama - I am anxious as well. I just hit 16 weeks and haven't felt baby move yet. I just really want a daily reminder that things are going OK in there! Should be soon for both of us (I felt DD right around 16 weeks).

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
#5 of 23 Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 AM

I dislike that period of time, where baby is not moving and symptoms eased up. Thankfully, I'm at 18 weeks and feeling baby regularly now, although now and then I mope around for a while, when I can't feel movements. Hang in there, it'll be really soon for you too!

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#6 of 23 Old 11-01-2009, 01:35 AM

Mama, you just described my life to a tea. I am almost at 17 weeks and have yet to feel anything that I am sure is movement. I am finding it impossible to enjoy the pregnancy and have almost said things like "if the baby comes" rather than "when the baby comes" to my super excited girls.

I have not had any losses. I am seriously considering calling my mw office on Tuesday (the next clinic day) to see if they can just fit me in for a quick hb check but I feel silly for considering it I hope we both feel our babies really soon.

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#7 of 23 Old 11-02-2009, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtemama View Post
Mama, you just described my life to a tea. I am almost at 17 weeks and have yet to feel anything that I am sure is movement. I am finding it impossible to enjoy the pregnancy and have almost said things like "if the baby comes" rather than "when the baby comes" to my super excited girls.

I have not had any losses. I am seriously considering calling my mw office on Tuesday (the next clinic day) to see if they can just fit me in for a quick hb check but I feel silly for considering it I hope we both feel our babies really soon.
I hope we do, too. In the meantime, I think we should both stop feeling silly and just call to get hb checks. I'm going to call tomorrow. My dd is 3 and so far I have only said "if we have a baby", cause I'm just so freaked, superstitious, something. Also, 6 months is a long time to wait so we planned to just tell her when she can feel the baby for herself.

Here's praying for some good strong kicks - soon!

#8 of 23 Old 11-02-2009, 07:54 AM

Same boat here. Just over 17 weeks, no longer sick, no movement from the baby. It's hard not to worry--losses or not, but especially after a loss. With my last pregnancy my MW let me come in weekly for hb checks. It was amazingly reassuring. But nothing beats that definite kick. I'd even be happy for some bladder bouncing at this point!

But yes, call the mw. Mine used to say, if you're sitting at home worrying, you should call. Worry is wasted energy. (Now, if I could only take that advice myself...)
#9 of 23 Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 AM

Right there with you. Except my fears are compounded by believing I did feel movement a couple of weeks ago--and now at just about fifteen weeks, nada. I can tell my uterus is rising, so that is somewhat reassuring but I just wish I'd feel even a little movement. Luckily I have a mw appointment Wednesday morning so I don't have long to worry. But worry I do...

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
#10 of 23 Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 AM

I'm right with you mama. I'm 15 weeks, and I'm feeling good. I'm trying to enjoy the time of relative normalcy, but I find myself getting nervous. I still have an often very annoying super human sense of smell, so that makes me feel a little better. I have an appt with my midwife in two days, and I've been looking forward to it since about two days after my last one. I can't wait to hear that little bean again. I almost broke down and started looking for a local place to rent a doppler a couple of times over the last few weeks.
#11 of 23 Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 AM

I'm writing back in with an update.

I definitely felt the baby yesterday, the day after I wrote in to this thread, and I'm feeling kicks again tonight!

I hope that this happens quickly for the rest of you as well

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#12 of 23 Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtemama View Post
I'm writing back in with an update.

I definitely felt the baby yesterday, the day after I wrote in to this thread, and I'm feeling kicks again tonight!

I hope that this happens quickly for the rest of you as well
That's awesome!!!!

I called my mw today and explained that I'm just worried and when she asked me if I knew why I started crying (years of infertility treatments? previous miscarriage? I'm a nutcase? I don't know!). So she let me pop in and the heartbeat was easy to find and I felt silly AND relieved and she was very kind about it.

#13 of 23 Old 11-03-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
the heartbeat was easy to find and I felt silly AND relieved and she was very kind about it.
That is great news. Bonus that your MW was caring about it all.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#14 of 23 Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 PM

I started feeling this way too! i have not had morning sickness, but the past couple of days, i have just not felt pregnant. i just was not thinking about it 24-7 and then i felt guilt that i sort of forgot about it, and now i am worried that something bad is happening. we just heard the heartbeat last wednesday, so i should not be worried, but i feel so different than i did before.

i try to put my hands on my belly and talk to it and convince myself that everything is fine.

i feel better just knowing that others feel like this too! hopefully i will be feeling some movement soon. i will be 17 weeks tomorrow. i have felt some thing once or twice that i was not sure what it was, so hopefully some definite movements will be coming soon!
#15 of 23 Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM

It is so nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets all worried. I had really bad morning sickness that I just got under control a few weeks ago by taking vitamin B6. I never thought I'd miss the morning sickness but when it stopped and I didn't have any other symptoms it was scary. I actually eased up on the B6 until I got nauseous just so I could have some reassurance! I still haven't felt the baby move (I'm 17 weeks) but my stomach seems to be growing finally so I'm reassuring myself with that now.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#16 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
So she let me pop in and the heartbeat was easy to find and I felt silly AND relieved and she was very kind about it.
I'm so happy for you Mama. I'm glad you called

#17 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 01:32 PM

Add me to the club. I was actually feeling pretty good movement for a few days throughout the week, but yesterday and today so far has been nothing really obvious like it was before. I'm trying to stay positive!

Amri- mama to Indica 12.08.06 and Kytan 04.04.10
#18 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM

I had my appt today, and it took the midwife several minutes to find the heartbeat. I won't pretend I wasn't nervous as heck after having a relatively symptom free last 2 or 3 weeks. The little guy was hiding crazy low. I don't think he likes people poking around at him.
#19 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 05:17 PM

I know I say this about every two days, but I really, *really*, REALLY want to feel some kicks! I've had very few symptoms this entire pregnancy and right now my only indications that something is going on in there are heartburn and the bulbous belly. Feeling movement will be the greatest thing ever. I just want it NOW! <pounding fists and feet on the floor in a temper tantrum> Now!!

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#20 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantiani View Post
I know I say this about every two days, but I really, *really*, REALLY want to feel some kicks! I've had very few symptoms this entire pregnancy and right now my only indications that something is going on in there are heartburn and the bulbous belly. Feeling movement will be the greatest thing ever. I just want it NOW! <pounding fists and feet on the floor in a temper tantrum> Now!!
You never know, throwing a fit may work. My best friend was a week overdue with her daughter, and after a full day of stop and go contractions, she was laying in bed, trying to sleep, and yelled "Norah Pearl, either get out or go to sleep!" and POP - her water broke. Some kids just need to know you mean business.

#21 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM

Hey,
I know exactly how you feel. I had a miscarriage 3 years ago in December and then i needed a break after that before going back to ttc and then it took us 18 months to conceive this one and i have had a couple of scares. I was having severe pain at 9 weeks and they sent me to the ER to check on the baby cause they thought i was having a miscarriage because i almost passed out also that was the day i quit having morning sickness. . . . so i was scared then i have not felt the baby move.

I am also at 15 weeks but the other thing that scared me is baby changed positions so i was showing before and i had to wear maternity clothes and now i barely have a bump at all. . . i can wear my regular clothes again. I use (feel free to laugh at me) my positive pregnancy test and the picture from the ultrasound they did at 8 weeks to confirm i was pregnant to remind me i am pregnant. Then recently a friend of mine had her 20 week ultrasound done to discover that something is wrong with her baby and she has to carry it to nine months but it will most likely die at birth so now instead of being unable to wait for my 20 week ultrasound i'm having nightmares about it.

But i talked to my doctor who told me worrying is not good for baby and if i want i can go in and listen to the babies heartbeat. I'm sure your midwife would be willing to do the same. Just think of it the way my doctor pointed it out to me obviously you are not having a period. Do you think it might be pregnancy hormones that are making you so worried about something silly? Obviously it is all unfounded fear so really only pregnancy hormones could cause you to have these thoughts. So really having these odd fears is a good sign you are having a normal pregnancy
#22 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Can anyone briefly describe what the first movements feel like. I'm in my 16th and anticipating, but really don't know what. I have not had any "symptoms" except weight gain and some sciatica type pain if I lie in one position for too long.

I think I've felt little flutters at times, but it could as well be the tingling of a regular cramp or pain due to sciatica or a muscle pull due to exercise-. How do I figure out if it's baby moving ?? - confused!
#23 of 23 Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssethi View Post
Can anyone briefly describe what the first movements feel like. I'm in my 16th and anticipating, but really don't know what. I have not had any "symptoms" except weight gain and some sciatica type pain if I lie in one position for too long.

I think I've felt little flutters at times, but it could as well be the tingling of a regular cramp or pain due to sciatica or a muscle pull due to exercise-. How do I figure out if it's baby moving ?? - confused!
For me, it was like bubbles. Like what it would feel like if there was club soda bubbling in my abdomen, but it is different for everyone. I think I have had a lot of "maybe"s , that may or may not have been gas or whatever, but I remember with dd, I just knew it was the baby, it was different somehow. Sorry, it is so hard to explain.

So, I had a hb check on Monday, now I have lower back pain and some contractions so back to being a worrywart freak. My dh kindly reminded me of my resolution to be less fearful and more joyous with this pregnancy. It's hard!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page