Forum Jump: 

#121 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh and as long as we are still kind of on the topic of weather-
this is where i live:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/83440?lswe=83440&from=searchbox_localwx

(p.s. i just realized it changed- when i was looking at it 3 minutes ago it said negative 13! at least its getting warmer. if you can call it that haha)

get me out of here NOW.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#122 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 04:01 PM

http://kidcrave.com/uncategorized/un...ildrens-books/

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#123 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantiani View Post
WOAH. I thought those were a joke until I got to "It's not the Stork," which is a book I see recommended on here frequently. "Joined at Birth" would NOT be cool with my DD. I can only imagine her horror....

Not a joke: http://www.amazon.com/Joined-Birth-L...0472084&sr=8-1

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
#124 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaterPrimaePuellae View Post
WOAH. I thought those were a joke until I got to "It's not the Stork," which is a book I see recommended on here frequently. "Joined at Birth" would NOT be cool with my DD. I can only imagine her horror....

Not a joke: http://www.amazon.com/Joined-Birth-L...0472084&sr=8-1
I think the target audience is probably pretty small. But, for those kids who say, go to school with a conjoined twin, or see someone at the supermarket, it could be a good resource. It makes you wonder what prompted the author, since the little boys on the front look a bit like the Hensel girls.

I get to go get a root canal today. Weeeeeee. I don't get gas, AND I don't get good drugs afterwards. Stupid tooth - i should have had a root canal on it as a teen (genetically weak teeth), but instead they just filled it with an enormous filling. I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago, so my teeth have shifted just enough to make it so that the filling is now rubbing on the nerve, and OMG I need it killed. I could feasibly wait until baby is born, but tooth pain is worse than labor IMO, so I'm getting it done now. My main concern is actually having people's hands and things in my mouth, since i am still sick a few times a day... ugh. Lovely.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#125 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 08:06 PM

Apparently today is a really hard day to be 3 years old. Also, cranky is officially infectious.

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#126 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carley View Post
Apparently today is a really hard day to be 3 years old. Also, cranky is officially infectious.
And 2.5 years old.

I've been helping my mom with her business during the Christmas rush, so my DH and DD have had lots of Daddy-Daughter Days during the week. I've come home to the most pleasant, engaged, funny toddler I've ever met.

Today I left early, and the 3 of us went to a Scholastic warehouse book sale. And my DD was a terror. It's me, I swear. I'm just going to turn DH into a SAHD so that I can come home to such a pleasant DD each day.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#127 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
oh and as long as we are still kind of on the topic of weather-
this is where i live:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/83440?lswe=83440&from=searchbox_localwx

(p.s. i just realized it changed- when i was looking at it 3 minutes ago it said negative 13! at least its getting warmer. if you can call it that haha)

get me out of here NOW.
Hey, it's cold in Florida, too!

I mean, we're going to dip down to 50 degrees tonight! I might have to switch from the A/C to heat!

But.... I do miss the snow. And every book about winter and Christmas talks about snow, so DD thinks it can't be Christmas season because we haven't had snow. We didn't move to Florida because it's FLORIDA, but to be close to family. To be honest, I'd choose to be somewhere else if that's where family was.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#128 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 PM

I've been spending way too much time on Diaper Swappers the past couple of days. I really want to find a used Disana cover, an SBish cover, and/or a Luxe cover in size small. And while stalking for good deals to pop up, I've accidentally purchased several pairs of cute wool longies. I hope my DH doesn't look too closely at the credit card bill.

Erickalynne, did you have your ultrasounds yet? Or are they tomorrow (Friday)? I hope you get some good news for once!!

I'm jealous of everyone's snow. I've just got mud. I want a snow storm so badly! So does DD!

And this is random, but if anyone is looking to buy some affordable books, try www.abebooks.com. It's my favorite used books site! So many books are just $1 with $2.75 shipping! I got DD an original Mother Goose book for $2 plus a couple dollars shipping for Christmas. The Dr. Seuss books are on there for a couple of dollars each, my DD is really into those right now. They have almost every book on that site, including a lot of pregnancy and birth books...

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#129 of 167 Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM

I finally had a meeting with the midwife last night. I think she finally contacted me b/c she needed money. I know, that sounds bad but she's not that great about communication at times. It seems like something always comes up on her end. I had a prenatal right before Thanksgiving last year that she wanted to reschedule b/c she overslept. I decided on her b/c the other two I inquired about (one of whom I met with) seemed leery of "big babies" and one admitted she wasn't that experienced with repairing tears. I had a third degree tear last time and a deep second before that so I really want someone who's good at repairs. The odd part is that the midwife I decided on (the same one I had last time) suddenly started talking about keeping the size of my baby down (only to about the size of my other two 9.5 lbs, not anything tiny) and monitoring my blood sugar the entire pregnancy. When I asked her about her standard of asking women to monitor blood sugar for three days with a glucometer last time, she said she didn't think I needed to do that. I have yet to talk to another woman who used her that wasn't asked to monitor for three days during pregnancy so why would she not want me to? I don't know, but I had an almost 11 lb baby last time and I'd rather not repeat that again.

Anyway, bummer you didn't get the house, erika. When is your next u/s? Hope all is OK with the little guy.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#130 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So I went to a private facility where they do u/s. It was $79 and just b/w 2d, but they measured him at 21.6weeks. I fibbed and told her I didn't know when I was due and that I hadn't seen a Dr. yet..I just wanted a second opinion with them knowing nothing. Of course it put my EDD at a time I couldn't have possibly conceived...but he is bigger according to their measurements.
I then headed up to the big hospital...had an u/s and they measured him at exactly 20wks on the dot, which he has grown, but not the same measurements as the private place. Then I met with my Dr. who said with everything going on I needed to see a therapist, that I can't be holding together as well as it appears and she feels I haven't come to terms with everything(I QUESTION everything and don't just settle..I kinda make everything into a big deal instead of saying "of course whatever you think"..I think on my own)...I FEEL I have come to terms with everything, but I am not going to just sit back and accept it? Then met with genetic counselor -we went over things such as having a preemie, risks for the future, do I want to tour the NICU, risk at birth..blah blah. Then blood work. Dietitian gave me a good looking menu of foods to choose from and ideas on what to cook and so forth. Suggested protein bars 5x a day that has 20g(mg?) of protein in it. Then an EKG where everything was normal.

I asked about the heart palpitation and my Dr. said "that's not normal, it's a sure sign of depression"..when I am keeping in the back of my mind how many posted the same experience here in the DDC *rolls eyes*.
He had a good heart rate of 156bpm. He looks healthy and was kicking hard. She talks to me like I am a moron and makes me feel...I don't know, she was talking about me being depressed, I don't think I am..I could be sad by the situation? But I will question and fight for my child..ykwim? He wasn't in any stress either and heart rate stayed steady and no contractions, regular kicks.
I go back 2x next week for u/s, go back on christmas eve for goodness sakes for my glucose test and a u/s..oy...maybe if I got away from them he would do better...official diagnosis: high risk IUGR

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#131 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 AM

Erika, it sounds like you have a bunch of morons for doctors. Is there anywhere you can go to get an independent second opinion from another peri? The fact that you got 2 completely different measurements in the same day that are almost 2 WEEKS apart is something that would really concern me. Yes, u/s are not exact but the numbers should be closer than that especially since you're talking about IUGR and the difference here means a lot. Because if he's truly at 21+6, he's still small, but nowhere near as small as the doctor has him. Are there any other hospitals nearby that you could go to for them to look and give an opinion where they wouldn't be influenced by your current doctor?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#132 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 AM

oh ericka, this is total yuck. while i can understand how medical professionals might get on an assumptive track about a patient, i hope you really have one or two people irl who are honest with you. b/c you have circumstances that do make for a tough time, and i hope if you did need xtra help (counseling) you would get it. but you sure sound good to me . have you thought about switching your team, or would that just be too complicated at this point? glad the nutritionist was positive/goal-oriented, that could be a great sign that they think jennings is responsive to your diet - they aren't assuming the worst!

sandcastle, wow, that's wacky about your midwife, i know i'd be worried about tearing again too - isn't it more likely if you've had tearing before? is she saying that's why she's concerned about size? are you comfortable with her otherwise? it's a lot to think about... i wonder how my MWs would be if i had a birth history that might concern them - i'm a blank slate! heh.

carita, is the pay worth moving for? glad everything went well otherwise, yay! did they offer you full professorship???

ivymae, i hope you are ok, able to sleep? sorry about the pain!

afm, still able to sleep on my back comfortably, though i try to sleep on my sides. haven't figured out how to do the latter and not have my pelvis be achy/have pain turning over in the night . i keep seeing people talk about sleeping specifically on your left side - what's the big deal with that over the right? as far as back sleeping, wouldn't i feel it if there was a blood flow issue or nerve issue?

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#133 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 10:50 AM

I'd love to get away from them. Yesterday made it more apparent. She totally made me feel like everything I was feeling was NOT normal and that I needed serious help.. "I think that the hypoglycemia, heart palpitations, tiredness, no appetite are a result of depression. Your subconscious is coming to terms with the facts. You have yet to face reality and come to terms with the situation."
I wanted to say look b*^ch, he's a boy -it's ok..I am ok...seriously, I wasn't and I admitted it very honestly and I worked through it. I am VERY AWARE that my son is small and very aware of what is going on.
I did find another peri, farther away and not a level 3 NICU, if he was preemie and needed it we would be transferred. My work schedule is going to be changing where I actually will be working Thursdays...so I was going to see if I could switch to a peri within the office, still her partner but maybe more....not so pushy, scary, better? (I think it really bothers her I am single mom)
I didn't like that she was saying I am depressed and made me feel like I had to justify myself..I said that I was stressed about moving. I was stressed and worried about being a single mom to 2. I will admit my guilt over taking away from my daughter. I AM scared about this situation, but I am not going to lie down, give up and take it. She just kept going on and on about how I haven't come to terms with this pregnancy, I don't get how I haven't. Luckily I have some great moms in my tribal area from here who have offered to come with me next time and maybe be a bit more bold than I and help me stand up for myself...I am not good in those type of situations to be honest and maybe I get quiet and actually try to justify. The thing that makes me wonder is these techs doing the measurements don't look like they are doing it right, like they aren't getting his whole abdomen..I'm not a professional though..this one was just a student though(teaching hospital).
I always feel like I am going to be in trouble...she can't like blackball me in my chart notes if I was to go see someone else? like type up in there I am not accepting things and depressed...or make me look bad?

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#134 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
I'd love to get away from them. Yesterday made it more apparent. She totally made me feel like everything I was feeling was NOT normal and that I needed serious help.. "I think that the hypoglycemia, heart palpitations, tiredness, no appetite are a result of depression. Your subconscious is coming to terms with the facts. You have yet to face reality and come to terms with the situation."
I wanted to say look b*^ch, he's a boy -it's ok..I am ok...seriously, I wasn't and I admitted it very honestly and I worked through it. I am VERY AWARE that my son is small and very aware of what is going on.
I did find another peri, farther away and not a level 3 NICU, if he was preemie and needed it we would be transferred. My work schedule is going to be changing where I actually will be working Thursdays...so I was going to see if I could switch to a peri within the office, still her partner but maybe more....not so pushy, scary, better? (I think it really bothers her I am single mom)
I didn't like that she was saying I am depressed and made me feel like I had to justify myself..I said that I was stressed about moving. I was stressed and worried about being a single mom to 2. I will admit my guilt over taking away from my daughter. I AM scared about this situation, but I am not going to lie down, give up and take it. She just kept going on and on about how I haven't come to terms with this pregnancy, I don't get how I haven't. Luckily I have some great moms in my tribal area from here who have offered to come with me next time and maybe be a bit more bold than I and help me stand up for myself...I am not good in those type of situations to be honest and maybe I get quiet and actually try to justify. The thing that makes me wonder is these techs doing the measurements don't look like they are doing it right, like they aren't getting his whole abdomen..I'm not a professional though..this one was just a student though(teaching hospital).
I always feel like I am going to be in trouble...she can't like blackball me in my chart notes if I was to go see someone else? like type up in there I am not accepting things and depressed...or make me look bad?
My big question is... even if you WERE depressed, what does that have to do with anything? I mean, I know our moods can affect our babies, but even if you were depressed I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make your baby stop growing!

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#135 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM

oh and it's FREEZING here. We NOW have a winter storm warning after a week in the 15-20 degrees. No as bad as Amanda's weather but still BRR. It's 15 right now and feels like 15.

TTC #3

#136 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
My big question is... even if you WERE depressed, what does that have to do with anything? I mean, I know our moods can affect our babies, but even if you were depressed I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make your baby stop growing!
it doesn't...because I won't accept things? that would be my only guess. Thats why I felt like a moron. Like I should be a robot and just say yes ok to everything. She really hated the uproar I caused about the c/s...it's like she hates me or something..paranoid? like I said I keep having to justify myself. She keeps bringing up getting my tubes tied...I keep saying NO. I have to answer questions like..can you afford another child? how will you manage two? what if you lose your job?
really none of her business, but that's when I feel pressure and start to justify..I actually told her how much I make yesterday...it's none of her business.
So I did a search on her, complaints and so forth...vitals.com
"While I'm sure Dr. **** has a great medical background she really needs lessons in caring and compassion for patients. She insisted that there was something wrong with our baby based on the u/s and blood work and offered us termination prior to doing any genetic testing (our baby turns out to be fine despite her being so sure it was abnormal). The manner in which she delivered this was cold and matter of fact without extrapolating on further information. She is extremely cold and seems to hold no compassion for the news she is delivering."
Now I know it's not just me....

TTC #3

#137 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

We finally had our first in-home midwife appointment for this pregnancy! You may remember that we've switched 3 times now, but I think we've finally found the right fit. I love having appointments at home, I love the hour-long, chatty prenatals.

DD had a blast at the appointment. She's learning how to have conversations, but she doesn't know what to talk about yet. So she'll burst out of nowhere with "I like bar and almond milk!" or "Mommy's car is named Eeyore and it needs gas sometimes." She brought her favorite toys out to show them and helped feel my belly, but turned down the chance to have her own belly measured.

She's my little midwife.

#138 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
We finally had our first in-home midwife appointment for this pregnancy! You may remember that we've switched 3 times now, but I think we've finally found the right fit. I love having appointments at home, I love the hour-long, chatty prenatals.

DD had a blast at the appointment. She's learning how to have conversations, but she doesn't know what to talk about yet. So she'll burst out of nowhere with "I like bar and almond milk!" or "Mommy's car is named Eeyore and it needs gas sometimes." She brought her favorite toys out to show them and helped feel my belly, but turned down the chance to have her own belly measured.

She's my little midwife.
Did you lose a lot of money switching? Glad you had a good appointment.

TTC #3

#139 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
oh and it's FREEZING here. We NOW have a winter storm warning after a week in the 15-20 degrees. No as bad as Amanda's weather but still BRR. It's 15 right now and feels like 15.
i'd kill for 15 degrees. right now its -9, and weather.com says it feels like -20. its gotten to -30 degrees here sometimes, seriously. dh and i always joke around that humans were never meant to inhabit this town- but seriously its true.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#140 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM

A friend sent this to me, and I thought it was too funny not to share.

Quote:
Dear Santa,

I've been a good mom all year. I've fed, cleaned, and cuddled my three
children on demand, visited the doctor's office more than my doctor,
sold sixty-two cases of candy bars to raise money to plant a shade tree
on the school playground and figured out how to attach nine patches
onto my daughter's girl scout sash with staples and a glue gun.

I was hoping you could spread my list out over several Christmases,
since I had to write this letter with my son's red crayon, on the back
of a receipt in the laundry room between cycles, and who knows when
I'll find anymore free time in the next 18 years.

Here are my Christmas wishes:

I'd like a pair of legs that don't ache after a day of chasing kids
(in any color, except purple, which I already have) and arms that don't
flap in the breeze, but are strong enough to carry a screaming toddler
out of the candy aisle in the grocery store. I'd also like a waist,
since I lost mine somewhere in the seventh month of my last pregnancy.

If you're hauling big ticket items this year, I'd like a car with
fingerprint resistant windows and a radio that only plays adult music;
a television that doesn't broadcast any programs containing talking
animals, and a refrigerator with a secret compartment behind the
crisper where I can hide to talk on the phone.

On the practical side, I could use a talking daughter doll that says,
"Yes, Mommy" to boost my parental confidence, along with one
potty-trained toddler, two kids who don't fight, and three pairs of
jeans that will zip all the way up without the use of power tools. I could also
use a recording of Tibetan monks chanting, "Don't eat in the living room"
and "Take your hands off your brother", because my voice seems to be
just out of my children's hearing range and can only be heard by the
dog.

And please don't forget the Playdoh Travel Pak, the hottest stocking
stuffer this year for mothers of preschoolers. It comes in three
fluorescent colors and is guaranteed to crumble on any carpet making
the In-law's house seem just like mine.

If it's too late to find any of these products, I'd settle for enough
time to brush my teeth and comb my hair in the same morning, or the
luxury of eating food warmer than room temperature without it being
served in a Styrofoam container. If you don't mind I could also use a few
Christmas miracles to brighten the holiday season. Would it be too much
trouble to declare ketchup a vegetable? It will clear my conscience
immensely.

It would be helpful if you could coerce my children to help around
the house without demanding payment as if they were the bosses of an
organized crime family; or if my toddler didn't look so cute sneaking
downstairs to eat contraband ice cream in his pajamas at midnight.

Well, Santa, the buzzer on the dryer is ringing and my son saw my
feet under the laundry room door. I think he wants his crayon back.
Have a safe trip and remember to leave your wet boots by the chimney and come
in and dry off by the fire so you don't catch cold. Help yourself to
cookies on the table, but don't eat too many or leave crumbs on the
carpet.

Yours always.....Mom

#141 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Did you lose a lot of money switching? Glad you had a good appointment.
We did lose some money, but this last midwife took a fee cut since we didn't start seeing her until 24 weeks, can get our labs paid for through our insurance, don't need the birth class or waterbirth pool... and the fact that she's still trying to establish a home birth practice (she's been doing birth center births).

So, yeah, it was a tough decision for us. Just an out-of-pocket birth is a stretch for us, then the loss of our deposits (to the birth center and the first midwife) wasn't much fun. DH has been picking up extra shifts, but that'll only help soften the blow.

But we realized this was really important to us, so we're going to take the hit and hope it works out.

#142 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 02:09 PM

atleast you found the right fit, that is more important and you get to have a home birth you want!
Atleast she adjusted things for you, that was really nice of her.

TTC #3

#143 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
i'd kill for 15 degrees. right now its -9, and weather.com says it feels like -20. its gotten to -30 degrees here sometimes, seriously. dh and i always joke around that humans were never meant to inhabit this town- but seriously its true.
Do you have a ton of snow? It was cold last year, I don't think ever as cold as you're experiencing though, but I was snowed in my apartment for 2-3 weeks. We had a HUGE ice storm where the wind was just freezing everything in sight. Soon you'll be in the hot sun moving to FL, do you worry about hurricanes?
I wanted to go to school in FL, but changed my mind after seeing the hurricane damage.
We are supposed to have something starting tonight/tomorrow...first they said snow, then freezing rain?

TTC #3

#144 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM

oh no http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/343798...ple/?GT1=43001

1lb 6oz

TTC #3

#145 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I was just coming here to see if you all heard that Michelle Duggar already had her baby. That's so so tiny!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#146 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 PM

Her EDD was March 18... she was barely farther than us! So tiny.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#147 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM

As much as I hate pregnancy, I'm glad my babies have all decided to cook for the proper length of time so far.

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#148 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
carita, is the pay worth moving for? glad everything went well otherwise, yay! did they offer you full professorship???
no formal offer yet. I was the 1st out of 3 candidates so I won't hear for some time. But the reason I know the salary is because of the snowstorm - the HR appt was canceled, so the chair of the dept told me some things - and a little too much - and leaked the salary. Not enough to be a sole provider for my husband and 2 kids in that area of the state with much comfortability (it would be very tight, and IDK if we could afford to buy a house in a decent school district). So any offer I get would probably require a lot of negotiation. Only 3 are being interviewed, so chances aren't bad - I think I did very well at the interview.

Wow - so scary about the duggar birth... I wonder how this will affect their future. I was watching that high risk discovery health show yesterday morning while packing and a mom had a premiee and was discharged, but had to leave the baby behind. That is so heartbreaking.

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#149 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Ok, I know I said that I had decided on a midwife. I don't want to get into it, but as of today, I have decided nope, sorry, I'm not going to do it this time around with her. I asked her to do one small specific thing, she said she'd do it, and she didn't. I don't care about the small deposit ($400) that I gave her Wednesday. As much as I don't want to, I am going to have to go back to the OB and have a hospital VBAC. I just can't take it this time again. I'm going to have to tell her soon, but I'm going to give myself the weekend to cool off. I'm sure one of the people who knows who I am here that are also on MDC (as in my signature) will pass the info along to her before then.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#150 of 167 Old 12-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carita View Post
no formal offer yet. I was the 1st out of 3 candidates so I won't hear for some time. But the reason I know the salary is because of the snowstorm - the HR appt was canceled, so the chair of the dept told me some things - and a little too much - and leaked the salary. Not enough to be a sole provider for my husband and 2 kids in that area of the state with much comfortability (it would be very tight, and IDK if we could afford to buy a house in a decent school district). So any offer I get would probably require a lot of negotiation. Only 3 are being interviewed, so chances aren't bad - I think I did very well at the interview.

Wow - so scary about the duggar birth... I wonder how this will affect their future. I was watching that high risk discovery health show yesterday morning while packing and a mom had a premiee and was discharged, but had to leave the baby behind. That is so heartbreaking.
I was discharged after 5 days after my emergency c/s with my daughter.
EXTREMELY EXTREMELY hard. I would go to the NICU in the morning and stay until either her 9pm feeding or her midnight feeding and I would NEVER leave if she was awake and watching, I never wanted her to see me walking away. She was only there 3 weeks though and weighed more than the Duggar baby...they have a long road ahead of them, as she would have to atleast be 4-5lbs(depending on hospital policy) and meet all of the goals they set for her. Our goals were suck swallow breathe(eating without feeding tube), keep her own temp up, and breathing on her own without oxygen going too low. I don't know about a micro-preemie though, I am sure she has a lot more goals to meet and needs to gain a lot of weight which is tough for a preemie, in the 3 weeks we were there my daughter gained 1lb.
Sad that it happened...I hate seeing all the online critics saying this is what she gets...no one deserves that.

TTC #3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page