Weird taste in the mouth? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a strange metallic taste in my mouth. I thought it was because of the diet soda I indulge in too often, but I've started getting it when I don't indulge. I thought the taste thing was a first trimester thing? Anyone else have the strange taste through pregnancy?

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#2 of 9 Old 01-10-2010, 07:15 PM

i have had that the whole pregnancy - worst at the beginning actually, but it is still there. coupled with excess saliva it is really nasty. i think it is fairly normal to have a metallic taste in your mouth, they have mentioned it in several books i have on pregnancy. nothing to worry about.
#3 of 9 Old 01-10-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolesh View Post
i have had that the whole pregnancy - worst at the beginning actually, but it is still there. coupled with excess saliva it is really nasty. i think it is fairly normal to have a metallic taste in your mouth, they have mentioned it in several books i have on pregnancy. nothing to worry about.
Oh, I know it's normal and nothing to worry about, but it's ANNOYING and I hates it, and I wanted to commisserate with other people.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#4 of 9 Old 01-10-2010, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
I have a strange metallic taste in my mouth. I thought it was because of the diet soda I indulge in too often, but I've started getting it when I don't indulge. I thought the taste thing was a first trimester thing? Anyone else have the strange taste through pregnancy?
uck, I remember that! keep strong flavored bubble gum on hand, it helped some. It did pass at around 6-7 months..but wow, it wasn't fun. I don't think it's the diet coke, since I didn't drink it. That metallic taste is horrid.

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#5 of 9 Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 PM

I haven't had that classic metallic taste, just other nasty tastes at times. It keeps me flossing to make sure my gums are healthy, that's for sure.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#6 of 9 Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 PM

ugh i hate it too. i find strong mouthwash a few times a day helps.
#7 of 9 Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 PM

DDC crashing...

Yep, I'm right there with you. I don't get the metallic taste *too* often, thankfully, but when I do have it, I find it really distracting. And gross!
#8 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 PM

in my case it was due to an allergy. Once I eliminated dairy (but for eggs) and soy--I never had it again. I also lost my frequent heartburn and gas symptoms.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#9 of 9 Old 01-16-2010, 04:47 AM

I find mine comes along with the nausea, so it was worse in the first half of pregnancy and mostly gone now. Although if I do let myself get a little bit dehydrated it comes back! Sure is nasty, and makes everything else taste gross too.

Nursing a toddlerfly-by-nursing1.gifNurturing a preschooler jog.gif   

ribboncesarean.gifx2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page