Not using support pillows - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My kids start sleeping in their own beds. Then, sometime, in the middle of the night, they are in ours. No biggie, whatever. But this does not allow me use a body pillow.....seriously, we are all very squished.

My dude's not even pregnant, and he's getting crabby at the fact that he's pushed against a cold wall, allll niiiight loooong. Poor guy.

So, it's cool, if I don't use the any support pillows, right?

It's not like a "must", right?
#2 of 9 Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 PM

I don't use body pillows. I move around in my sleep far too much to keep a pillow in place all night. There's no way I'm going to stop to readjust a pillow every time I scoot or turn over.
They're definitely not a requirement.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#3 of 9 Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 PM

Definitely not a requirement, but if you find your hips/back hurting a lot in the mornings, then try adding a firm pillow between your thighs. It won't take up much/any space, and it just helps even out your pelvis so that one side isn't skewed all night. Otherwise, if you are sleeping fine and your hips don't hurt, then

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#4 of 9 Old 02-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
Definitely not a requirement, but if you find your hips/back hurting a lot in the mornings, then try adding a firm pillow between your thighs. It won't take up much/any space, and it just helps even out your pelvis so that one side isn't skewed all night. Otherwise, if you are sleeping fine and your hips don't hurt, then

I don't have a body pillow but I do sleep with a small hardish pillow between my knees. It's awesome for my hips.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#5 of 9 Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 AM

I roll over as far as I can onto my stomach & bend my top leg & rest that against the mattress. I use the mattress as my support pillow

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#6 of 9 Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 AM

I don't use any support pillows.
I do flip often though.

I also have a hot water bottle - that is filled up a bit but not hot. If I feel I need anything, I tuck this under bump. Its small and out of the way and you can sleep on it and not really 'feel' it - but it can give a bit of support to bump if needed. An idea? Its working fine for me! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#7 of 9 Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM

I cosleep & don't use any support pillows either. The one night I did I felt better but kept waking up thinking I was sleeping on my clingy 2 yr old!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#8 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 10:18 AM

I dont use any pillows either, I actually found them uncomfortable and in my way when I used them for back support. I may try a pillow between my legs though- sometime :-)
#9 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM

I also don't use anything bc i move around so much. My MW did look at me like i was crazy when i told her this, though, so good to know i'm not the only one

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page