You know you're well into third trimester when... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
- You wake up thinking that your hips have to be dislocated, they hurt so badly.

- Your last meal sits just below your clavicle burning a hole in your esophagus for about 20 minutes, and then you're hungry again.

- All you want to read are cooking magazines, but you are too stuck on the couch to cook.

- You have a 20-pillow sleeping system, but you still want to buy that magical circle pillow that wraps all the way around you.

- You make DH rearrange boxes in the attic for the third time because its just driving you crazy knowing things aren't in order up there.

Fill in the blank mamas!

High-altitude mama sweatin' it out in the South. Mama to DS, Feb. 07, and DD, April 2010.
#2 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM

WOW those are hilarious! You wake up to pee at 4AM and then drink a 20oz. bottle of water before laying back down.

Alexander 2-15-07
Lirum 3-17-10
#3 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM

You know you're in third trimester when every movement you make is accompanied by a grunt or a sigh!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#4 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM

You yell to your 3 year old "OMG For the love of all things Holy, do NOT jump off the back of the loveseat!!! It'll take me twelve minutes to get to you if you break your arm!" and you're only on the regular couch. Or is that just me?

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
#5 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 06:03 PM

You hold the small of your back when walking or standing.

You are unable to bend at the middle.

You spend hours trying to guess what position the baby is in and why that position is causing utter agony.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#6 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM

When walking up the stairs leaves you winded

When you come up with lots of lists of things that have to be done before the birth

When you just don't care anymore about offensive pregnancy comments

When all of those painful and weird pregnancy symptoms you thought would never happen to you suddenly do

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
#7 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM

You suddenly have to pee so badly you can't move. And then you suddenly don't. All the while you are hoping you don't have the sneeze or anything....
#8 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclare View Post
You suddenly have to pee so badly you can't move. And then you suddenly don't. All the while you are hoping you don't have the sneeze or anything....
Yeah. Cloth pantyliners (because they hold more and save you like 5 million dollars throughout a pregnancy LOL) are The Awesome.
I've got another one...
When you look at your hospital's website (or birth center... or birth supply list if you're a HB maybe? haha) just to see the maternity section even though you've already delivered there twice. I'm such a loser

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
#9 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 PM

When you've given up on shaving anything lower than your armpits.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#10 of 96 Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 PM

when you have so many things that need to be done but no energy or desire to actually get up and get them done.

when you drop something and your co-workers all stop to watch you pick it up ( I have started kicking things into another room before picking the item up)

people start 'moo'ing and 'quack'ing at you

you change your pants just to sit on the floor with the kids and then wonder how in the world you will ever get back up
#11 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
ROFL!!! I was lurking but this made me spray tea I laughed so hard! (I suppose I can relate even though I'm still a month from the third trimester)

My kids make beeep beeeep noises like I'm a big truck backing up when I move around.

You girls are hilarious

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#12 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 AM

When you have to ask your six year old to help you up from the couch (and she just rolled her eyes at me like "Yeah right."

LMAO over the shaving. I finally did my legs a coupe of days ago because it was driving me nuts. I almost died.:P

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#13 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 AM

When your 4 year old has started calling you 'very pregnant mama' instead of just mama.

When your dh wants to help you, ahem, relax and you tell him if he goes near that part of your body you will kill him.

Your chiropractor tells. You you've popped....for the 5th consecutive visit. @@

You get excited when you have to put your preschoolers in time out by sitting her on a bench at the mall...because you get to sit and rest too!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#14 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 03:42 AM

When you have to wrap your hands around your belly and pull up to stop the burning pain that is your lower abdominal muscles being permanently disfigured.

When you dream of creating a pulley system designed just for rolling you over at night

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#15 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

High-altitude mama sweatin' it out in the South. Mama to DS, Feb. 07, and DD, April 2010.
#16 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 PM

DDC crashing - these are just way too funny!! I'm well in to my 3rd - at 36 weeks.

When your 4yo's friends make comments that you've got a fat belly and a big butt.

When you think that going to bed at night is going to magically make all of the swelling in your ankles disappear only to find them looking pretty close to the same as the night before!

When it litearlly takes you 10 minutes to get up from the floor after playing with your LO and it also involves a lot of rocking back and forth on all fours to get the juices flowing again!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#17 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 12:49 PM

When the floor of your office / kitchen / house has lots of little things all over it you dropped and didn't have the desire to pick up. My DH kept asking why there were pieces of food all over the place or whatever else...my hands are very numb so I am clumsy. I just think at some point I will crawl around and pick it all up but I never seem to get there before he does ;-)
#18 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Oh, and about shaving.

We are going to Jamaica in a week and I think DH is going to have to do a bit of a trim down there since I can't see if but I know there is some serious fur going on....I don't want to scare people!
#19 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So true...

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#20 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclare View Post
Oh, and about shaving.

We are going to Jamaica in a week and I think DH is going to have to do a bit of a trim down there since I can't see if but I know there is some serious fur going on....I don't want to scare people!
DH did this for me a couple weeks ago. It was quite funny.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#21 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 01:34 PM

...when reading this thread is the only thing that has NOT made you want to cry all day!

when you can't do the laundry unless dh picks the clothes up off the floor/feeling like bending down is the worst torture!

If you're soooo thirsty but don't want to drink b/c you feel like you will just burst at the seams if you put one more thing in there

to shaving...i asked dh if i was even "down there" bc i can't look, but hate the unshaven feel

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#22 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:16 PM

When people laugh or tease you, because you walk so slow.... I just reply, "Have you ever seen a running duck?!" (waddling haha)
#23 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:18 PM

reading the post above mine, made me remember, ...
You know you're in your third trimester, when your leg hair comes a close second to your DH. AND NO< he won't shave them for me, I've asked. He WILL comment on them though. HOw Sweet
#24 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2girls View Post
when you drop something and your co-workers all stop to watch you pick it up ( I have started kicking things into another room before picking the item up)
The first day of class this semester, I dropped a folder on the floor. I could hear my students snickering as I bent to pick it up. Now I just kick whatever fell over in front of the smart desk:P

#25 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:42 PM

You're thankful your soaker tub has handles on the sides. Baths are unsatisfying anyways, because your belly sticks halfway out of the water.

#26 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:47 PM

ddc i'm due in 5 weeks. when you know you should be walking or exercising and are unable to find a way off the sofa.

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#27 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
You're thankful your soaker tub has handles on the sides. Baths are unsatisfying anyways, because your belly sticks halfway out of the water.
You are so lucky. I haven't dared take a bath as I am convinced I'd never be able to get out.

#28 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM

When you suddenly realize that eventually you'll have to buy SOMETHING for this baby. Or at least gather the hand-me-downs.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#29 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
When you suddenly realize that eventually you'll have to buy SOMETHING for this baby. Or at least gather the hand-me-downs.
Amen sister:P

#30 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 04:41 PM

When you start wondering whether you really have to take a crap or it's just your baby inconveniently hitting those nerves again.

When getting out of the computer chair involves some odd cross between "sitting on the toilet" pose and a highly amateur rendition of horse stance, and a double-handed lift-and-tuck-the-belly maneuver...and you still almost fall on your face.

When your DH tells you your underwear are gross.

When your idea of a highly productive day still involves hitting a wall at 6pm and leaving your DH and kids to fend for themselves for dinner.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page