Show off the products of your nesting! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going crazy making diaper covers. I think I have perfected the pattern, so I am making one a day. I am dying to show off all the wonderful things I have made for my new one, but I think DH is getting a little sick of it.

I don't think I am the only one in this boat, so let's all show off our stashes, nurseries, home projects!

This is one of the projects I am proud of:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/...169a2dcbc7.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/...9f07c0e675.jpg
#2 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren View Post
I am going crazy making diaper covers. I think I have perfected the pattern, so I am making one a day. I am dying to show off all the wonderful things I have made for my new one, but I think DH is getting a little sick of it.

I don't think I am the only one in this boat, so let's all show off our stashes, nurseries, home projects!

This is one of the projects I am proud of:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/...169a2dcbc7.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/...9f07c0e675.jpg
Oh my goodness - SO adorable! You should be proud, I could never figure out how to do that. Amazing!

I like this idea. I haven't done that much yet but did knit a very simple blanket and a few simple hats (my first!). I still hope to figure out some wall murals and maybe a few other lil projects - but mostly my project is the babe herself.
Can't wait to see what everyone posts!
#3 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 11:55 PM

wow you're talented! I have nothing to show but a clean bathroom...and that would be dull

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#4 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 AM

Awww, so cute! I made a bunch of side-snapping trainers for dd when she was much younger & it was a fun project.

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#5 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your compliments, but I know I can't be the only on here who is going crazy with the projects.

bubbamommy: A clean bathroom is totally something show-off worthy! Totally better than how mine looks.

jsh7809: Take some pics and show us! I wish I could knit. Baby hats are one of the most adorable things ever.
#6 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 AM

That is so super cute!

I don't actually have much to do that isn't in the way of 'cleaning' (and it would be a bit silly showing you pictures of me cleaning lol).... Though baby is now telling me to paint the front door...ive got this sudden urge to paint the front door a different colour from white! - So will do that lol...But gonna wait till march! This colour!

But I did make curtrain ties last week - and now our matching fitted sheets have been ordered so that is our 'nursery' (aka - the family bedroom) done and dusted! lol

Here are the curtain ties!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1689733_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1986803_n.jpg

The room used to be my sons playroom - as so was very 'boy'. Then one day it just made more sense to have the bigger of our two bedrooms be the 'playroom' so that is now a neutral green (cause I fell in love with apple mist paint! lol)...So the smaller room is now the bedroom and it is wall-to-wall bed - literally - I love it as it is so cozy! And I went for a relaxing theme...so lavender it was! Have already dyed all the baby blankets to match too! hehe Boy or girl (I dont know yet!) - Lavender will do!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#7 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM

My big nesting project is a work in progress. We're remodeling our garage into a art room / granny unit. (Well, "we" are only doing the smaller parts. A contractor is in there now tearing out the old dark room and putting in bathroom fixtures.) If I showed you pictures of our house, you would all faint with horror (all of the garage contents are currently spread across the dining room and kitchen... bikes, an extra bed, boxes of tools.) It looks like a war zone in here. I'm spending every day trying to sort through this stuff and make room for it so I can organize. When the new room is done and decorated, I will post about a million pics for you all to see. I'll have a place to set up my sewing machine, jewelry making supplies, art stuff and dh's music equipment. There will be a cool little loft that I'm going to put some scrap carpet in and fill with lots of pillows so it will be like a little fort and reading room. And when grandma comes to visit she'll have her own comfy little studio with a bed and bathroom so she has her own space and doesn't feel like she's in our hair. I'm very excited.

So, I guess this is only other thing I've done (months ago, before the house chaos started). They look like little skinny elf pants.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#8 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 PM

Keren, I love your diapers! So cute.

My nursery is painted a celery green and I wanted to girl it up a bit with some purple accents so I painted these:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jenicano...55045630986706
http://picasaweb.google.com/jenicano...54972407419474

They look a little blue in the pictures but they are actually shades of purple.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#9 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 PM

I need to take some pictures. I've been painting baby shirts, making baby pants, hemming onesies into shirts, making diaper covers, making slings, and attempting to make some cute little baby shoes out of an old leather coat. I also made a super cute sheet for the cosleeper out of a neat fabric with clock faces all over it.
I plan on making a baby hat tonight (and painting it) and also giving baby shoes another go. If I keep trying, it has to work eventually, right?

My "nesting" projects are actually making the house messier. I have fabric scraps, leather scraps, and freezer paper scraps everywhere.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#10 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 03:13 AM

Cute projects!

Here are some of mine (mostly organizing projects):

* Today I turned this dresser into this more organized dresser.

* DH and I finished putting up walls in the living room and painted it a fun color, which you can see in this picture. And we put the indoor playground up, which has been awesome since our yard is under 3-4 feet of snow.

Crap, I thought I had more of my projects up on Twitter, but I don't. They must be in my camera instead of my phone. I'll come back and post more later.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#11 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenica View Post
Keren, I love your diapers! So cute.

My nursery is painted a celery green and I wanted to girl it up a bit with some purple accents so I painted these:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jenicano...55045630986706
http://picasaweb.google.com/jenicano...54972407419474

They look a little blue in the pictures but they are actually shades of purple.
Those are gorgeous! Way to go!

Sara, I love the color on the walls!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#12 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 PM

Thanks! My mom is an artist and I always felt anything I did couldn't compare but I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually paint a decent picture.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#13 of 14 Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Sara, I love the color on the walls!
Thanks! It's called "Purpleberry." When I showed it off to friends/family I got "wow. That's.......... purple." We have kinda a weird style, very eclectic, lots of bright colors. DH actually picked out the color. I think it's because his mom is a quilter and not afraid of color, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenica View Post
Thanks! My mom is an artist and I always felt anything I did couldn't compare but I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually paint a decent picture.
They're lovely! Any time you want to shoot some art over my way, feel free!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#14 of 14 Old 03-03-2010, 04:11 PM

oooh i'm being PRODUCTIVE! so cool!

baby hat
baby bib that still needs a button...it's a little bit bunny looking isn't it? first try though...
rearranged furniture! yay! i really like the way it turned out. it's a small house but it doesn't look to awful cramped and still looks cozy i think. there's a few more photos of the whole room as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page