Weekly thread, March 7-14 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sandcastle~ i hope your dd feels better soon. that is really really scary. oddly enough probably about the same day my ds got bit by a dog too! nothing nearly as bad and he just has a long scratch on his leg but still very odd....and scary. i'm glad the owners were able to figure out quickly that it was time to let the dog go b/c of the behavior though.

Had an appt yesterday and doing ok. Last week @ 35+6 i was measuring 35 and this week @ 36+6 I measured 36 so i'm actually behind a little bit! this is a good thing though...lol. i've been measuring right on but i have a stretch mark that is growing farther up which means i've stretched FARTHER somehow now than i was full term every before and i'm kinda wanting a smaller baby. lets see if this trend keeps up. weight gain is 27 lbs. i'd really be happy if that halted right now! also got to talk to them about my iron. i am now at an 8.3 (was 7.6 almost 4 weeks ago) and 26% (was 23.7%) so i haven't made much of an improvement. SOOOO I am now being referred to the hospital to get an Iron IV. I have to go 5x, every other day. Oy. So whenever I start I guess I'm going to have lots of holes in my arms...ugh. Plus they'll be doing periodical draws to see how it's going up/affecting me. Right now though if I go into labor I have to go to the hospital so hopefully a few days after I start I'll be doing well enough to go to the BC again. I guess I'm having to tell baby to stay in a while longer. But 37 weeks today.... Also my BP was 108/54 which i guess is great....my lowest was 98/50 so the upper number rose more than the lower...???
#212 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 PM

ah, i didn't know the credit deadline was mid-year. is this the first time buyers home credit? that's what we got, buying our first home in 2008.

sehbub, sorry you feel like crap! what's up?

dhinderliter, yay for a good appointment. i hope your iron comes up quickly! my (limited) understanding of BP is that the lower second number (diastolic) is more consistent in people, whereas the higher first number (systolic) is comparably more changeable.

carita, that sounds great!

jenfl, agh, i'm wondering when this is going to happen to me!

got my baby book in the mail today! love it, ordered it from ednamae on etsy. it's so NOT fussy, which i love, has only a few guided pages, and lots of blanks i can design as i want, as well as a pack of pages i got specifically for during pregnancy. that's the only thing i wish i had more of from my mom, and so i thought i'd make a point of writing up my reflections, etc for this baby.

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#213 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM

GAAAAHHHH!!!

THERE ARE REAL BABIES GETTING BORN IN OUR COMMUNITY! REAL ONES! GETTING BORN!

*faints*

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#214 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
GAAAAHHHH!!!

*faints*
Hee hee, I love seeing this coming from a mama on her fifth kid! I'm on my first and have this moment like a bazillion times a day. 2 days ago, DH's coworker with the same due date as us had her baby. And it was all normal, healthy, and good resulting in a beautiful 5.5 lb baby girl. YIKES! That could be me!!
#215 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 03:32 PM

Wow, our DDC is getting really exciting!

I had an "oh crap" moment when my friend/MW said I was 35w yesterday. I think she miscalculated though (neither of us had a wheel...hazards of really informal MW care with a friend). I'm not 35w for another two days, I still have time to get ready damnit! I have literally not ordered anything for birth or baby yet this pregnancy. It's really pathetic. Aside from a car seat, there's nothing on my "list" that I can't do without, but some things (like the birth pool) I really do want to take care of.

We also did a blood draw, I've been a little anemic and that needed to be checked up on.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#216 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Incidentally, anyone have any ideas about how to avoid getting my feet wet when my water breaks? I'm always upright during pushing, and I HATE that. It drives me nuts. Actually, I hate water breaking, period. It makes me panicky, probably because I'm always pushing when it happens and already not quite in my normal frame of mind.

I'd really rather not wear a pair of my husband's huge rain boots, but I have no idea what else to do. Thoughts?

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#217 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
GAAAAHHHH!!!

*faints*
as opposed to fake babies!!!??? god i'm bored....it's weird. lol. i just am not sure where to put my energy. i'd ideally like to just go shopping, i have a list of must haves to get BBUUUTTT my ex's mom is going shopping with me on thursday and i kinda want to wait and see what/if she wants to get anything else for me. i am going to have to order dipes but an mdc mom here has some for me (and some clothes) and although i know i'll still need to order some i don't want to order to many...or is that possible? then i figured i would order the baby bath tub on amazon...it seems like all that's in stores are the hard plastic ones but what if there IS a nice one and she wants to get it for me? so i've given up on ordering. i already organized the tiny amount of baby stuff i do have and i'm not quite ready to start in on REAL nesting of sewing especially with the kids around. guess i'm resigned to playing on the internet and watching dexter, or secret life, or smallville.
#218 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 07:07 PM

I'm getting so excited for everyone with pending labor/baby plans or everyone who is (nearly) full term!

It's going to be hard being due at the end of the month. I can tell already. I feel impatient!

I'm 34 weeks...so only a couple weeks to go before I'm at the magic 36. At least we're having some sporadic nice spring days mixed into the cool rainy weather, looking forward to those nice days helps time pass quicker...

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#219 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 07:37 PM

To get the first time home buyers credit, you have to be under contract by 4/30, and close by 6/30. I only know because we just put the house back on the market today (and already have showings!) and it's one of our main selling points right now. "Sure you get the huge house for dirt cheap, but you also get the credit if you buy it NOW."

My midwife didn't measure me last week, but when I tried to do it myself today out of curiosity, I am crazy huge. I was measuring 40cm at 35w... I'm telling myself I CAN'T be measuring 44 at 36, right? Self measuring is crazy inaccurate, right? I am not having a 15 lb baby.. RIGHT?! I really think if I am measuring that huge at our appt this week I'll ask about an ultrasound. I am not counting on getting a size/weight measurement, but polyhydramnios can be scary, right?

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#220 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
ah, i didn't know the credit deadline was mid-year. is this the first time buyers home credit? that's what we got, buying our first home in 2008.

sehbub, sorry you feel like crap! what's up?
Yep, we're using the first time credit. DH has owned a home before, but it's been more than 3 years since he sold it, so we can take advantage of the credit as first timers if we can get under contract/close in time.

I have no idea what's up with the icky feeling. I was up late with DH last night and then woke up early this morning, so part of it is just being tired I'm sure, but then DH made breakfast and one bite had me running even though he made a delicious breakfast! It's bizarre. No fever, and I don't really feel like I'm coming down with something. I don't know.

Hopefully whatever it is goes away in time for my baby shower tomorrow! I can't wait to see friends that I've not seen in a long time, like my dear sweet friend K from college. I haven't seen her since her wedding over a year ago!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#221 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
To get the first time home buyers credit, you have to be under contract by 4/30, and close by 6/30. I only know because we just put the house back on the market today (and already have showings!) and it's one of our main selling points right now. "Sure you get the huge house for dirt cheap, but you also get the credit if you buy it NOW."
My bad. The IRS wording is "close BEFORE 7/1." It's a long shot with a short sale, but fingers are crossed anyway.

I hope you're able to get your house sold!!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#222 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM

Can't believe all the babies that are being born today! A little jealous but will happily wait three weeks for my go ahead I was just telling dh that I feel like what the women in my previous ddcs must have felt with me! I have never given birth to a baby in the month of my ddc, it was always within the previous month. This is the first time I'll actually give birth in the month of my ddc.

I have finally purchased everything that I feel I need in order to actually have a baby in the house I got my Boppy pillow and I let the kids pick out the cover so no classy cover for me. They got one with jungle animals all over it. And then ds wanted to buy cat sippy cups LOL. I told him we'd have to wait for a bit. He was charming all the moms around as he kept going nuts over the cute things. I thought he was going to melt into a puddle over the baby socks. But we're ready to go.

And I finally went back to the gym today. It wasn't too bad but I am much slower. The baby went insane afterwards though. Lots of alien belly on the drive home.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#223 of 226 Old 03-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Carita, congrats on the job! That is awesome!!

Sehbub, I hope the house situation works itself out, and that you feel better soon. Could the upset tummy be due to nerves? That does it for me sometimes.

Sandcastle, how is your dd? That must have been so scary. I feel bad for the dog and the other kid, but really, it peeves me when people don't realize that pet ownership comes with certain responsibilities.

afm, looks like today or tomorrow we will have our van!! Dh has found two nice Honda Odysseys today, and right now is at one dealership trying to work out a deal with Miss Cindy Lou (yes, that is her real name and yes, we both have a hard time not calling her Cindy Lou Who) on the nicer of the two. We'll see what happens! My MIL came for a few hours today, with the idea that she would watch the girls while we signed paperwork, but she had to leave before we got stuff finalized, so really what happened was that I had a VERY nice relaxing day snoozing in the recliner and visiting with her while she entertained my kids. Hmmm... wonder if she could come every weekend?

And I got my hospital bag packed this morning. Just need to get the kids' bags packed for Grandma's house now, and big sister presents wrapped, and everything that HAS to be done before I give birth will be done. Of course, I still have a huge long list of things I would LIKE to get done... not to mention all these pesky work projects.

Oh, and best of all, we have laundry ALMOST caught up! Seriously, there were Christmas towels in what I folded yesterday, we were that far behind. I find it kinda pathetic that my oldest is psyched about actually have folded clothes in her drawers.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#224 of 226 Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 AM

Sandcastle, yes, that is sad that your dd got bitten & their dog will be put to sleep, BUT a bite that serious is, well, serious. I could have happened to any kid, or anyONE. Sucks sucks sucks, but they probably realize that it could have been one of their own kids, or even in the face. Lots and lots of to you and your family and your neighbors.

Mater, all this talk about breech personalities being bad is making me want to punch your midwives in the faces! Seriously, my daughter was breech from 22 weeks on & she is the BEST KID EVER. She was a super easy baby & is so fabulous that it isn't even funny. She would not turn even w/ an external version, so we have no idea if it was cord problems, not enough room, or if she just liked it like that. FWIW, she was sitting independently w/ no support by 5 months old SO JEALOUS that your mw's will do a vaginal breech, though. Mine wouldn't even touch me

I don't think I would mind a 5am booty call too much. It would be early enough that I could fall right back asleep after finishing

AFM, dd is at Grammy's for the weekend, YAY! We pick her up tomorrow after her nap (late afternoon). I got to sleep in until noon!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#225 of 226 Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 AM

dogretro, NOON?!?! I am so freaking jealous! We literally heard the pitter patter of little feet at six-thirty this morning, and Ellen bounced into our room saying, Mama, Papa, I found you! Oi.

But, despite being tired - we bought our van!!

Dh found a really pretty silver blue 2007 Odyssey at a local dealership and because they had had it for awhile and had gotten a good deal on the trade and really wanted to move it, they gave us a great deal too. And it only has 40k miles on it! Of course, it was more than the higher mileage ones we were looking at, but between the lower insurance on this one, and the fact we are highly unlikely to have repairs to make in the next five years, I think we will likely break even. The girls were very exicted and like their new ride!

So tomorrow dh can get the new carseats out of our living room and into the van, and clear the other misc stuff out of our living room. I, of course, have a couple of boxes of stuff from my car to go through and sort. Guess thats what happens when you have a small house - the car becomes storage.

But, I am really excited to have that purchase off our list!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#226 of 226 Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 AM

oops - will move to new thread!

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page