Weekly thread, March 21-28 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rhi You are still ahead of me. I have three dinners in the freezer and our house is STILL, well, kinda scary. I ended up having a full-blown (silent) pissy rage at dh in the middle of the night because he hadn't done much of what I have been asking him to do for weeks. Thank goodness I am finally old enough to NOT wake him up with these - makes for a much more pleasant morning, especially when he took time, on his own initiative, to clean up several things before leaving for work.

Sehbub Hoping it is baby position causing the freaky symptoms! Hoping we BOTH make it for the next week! And ugh for being sick - hope it passes soon.

s_kristina

Lena I don't get why people feel free to hand out sugary snacks to my kids either. When my mom was in assisted living we could NOT go in there without the kids leaving with cookies, candy, or some such. At least ASK first!! And then there is one client's office where one of the secretaries will, after hearing me tell the girls that they have had enough, give them MORE chocolate. Geesh.

Jennifer Ugh, that sounds miserable. Hope it clears up soon.

jsh I had those anxiety attacks when I was pg with my first. I just kept reminding myself that I was not the first woman in the world to become a mom, and others had done it, and sure I would probably mess up my kids (and I am sure I have) but in the end, if I did the best job I could, it would be ok. So far it has been - as long as kids know they are safe and loved, not much else really matters to them, to be honest.

afm had a bout of irregular bh contrax last night. A LOT of bh contrax - like six per hour or more. I called the OB's office this morning to see if my OB wanted to put me on something to stop them. Nope, just lots of water and ABSOLUTE bedrest. Goody. So I can get up to make snacks or a quick lunch, but I guess those trips to the washer I have been sneaking in are out now. On the plus side, the extra water seems to be helping - only a couple of contrax this morning. Praying they stay away for now! I did read that tannins can irritate the uterus, and that raspberries apparently have tannins, so the quart of raspberries I ate this weekend could have contributed to last night, I guess.

Of course, now I am having anxiety attacks about giving birth this week. I really really want to make it to 36 weeks. Primarily, the babies will have a much better prognosis at that point. Also, the OB I like will be back. I trust the OB who is currently in the office to be competent, but honestly, he seems to just be phoning it in with me. It just occured to me this morning that they haven't done a GBS test with me yet. Wonder if that is on the record anywhere? IDK, I just can't help but feel my regular OB would be handling this differently.

Well, at least I have a u/s with their absolutely fabulous u/s tech tomorrow. She has worked in infertility, is really familiar with multiple pgs, and totally honest - if Sally says things are ok, I relax a LOT. In the meantime, I am trying to concentrate on work and trust that things will unfold as they should.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#62 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM

Everyone always talks about nesting as having to do with cleaning and organizing. And while I would love to have that sort of nesting, I think mine is taking on the form of cooking.

But that makes sense for me. In "normal" life, I love to cook, and hate to clean.

Even after all of the crazy cooking of the past week last night I made chocolate chip cookies.

And right now I just want to go home and bake a cake.

Anyone else have a weird variety of nesting?

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#63 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM

I am about to go wake my sleepy, lazy latch baby and try desperately to feed her, BUT! I skimmed & HUGE to those in need and SUPER DUPER to those immenant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
Guess who DIDN'T have a baby last night?

(A good friend of mine has a great story of getting SO fed up with wussy contractions, that she was laying in bed one night, and YELLED at her baby "Norah Pearl, you get out here right now!" and GUSH her water broke. Maybe I just need to start cussing at her?)
Sounds like a plan to me Ivory!!!!!!!!!! Have you had a vaginal exam? I swear - I know they don't "mean anything," but as soon as my midwife pointed my cervix back in the right direction (it had NOT been posterior prior to this btw, & there is no way I could have reached it to reposition it myself ) I verbally told EVERYONE (that means YOU cervix & uterus too!) that they REALLY needed to get on board for this - within an hour there were the REAL DEAL contractions!

More to all the ARIES babies that are about to take over the world

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#64 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
Everyone always talks about nesting as having to do with cleaning and organizing. And while I would love to have that sort of nesting, I think mine is taking on the form of cooking.

But that makes sense for me. In "normal" life, I love to cook, and hate to clean.

Even after all of the crazy cooking of the past week last night I made chocolate chip cookies.

And right now I just want to go home and bake a cake.

Anyone else have a weird variety of nesting?
This is EXACTLY the variety of nesting one wants to have prior to transforming into the most ravenous beast alive - the nursing mama!!!!!! Rawrrrrmmmmomnomnomnom....!!!

DD & I baked a cake last monday, frosted it & froze it for baby Kennedy's birthday! I took it out of the freezer after my ROM & everyone had birthday cake after her delivery

It is always a good time for cake baking. And cake eating. Mmmmm nom nom nom...

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#65 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM

Whew, alright. That was a doozy of a weekend. 48 hours of killer contractions every 5 minutes, bloody show, loose stools - pretty much everything that told me I was in labor with my other kids, but which produced NO baby this time. MW gave me two choices - we could try to 'induce' labor at this point, and get it over with, or try to calm it down to give me time to rest. I choose the rest, and took valerian root and motherwort late last night, and woke up to contractions every 10-15 minutes today, which are doable.

Midwife came by again today and is pretty sure baby isn't tucking her chin, so half her head is hitting my cervix, causing the contractions, but since she's not able to engage fully, things aren't moving forward at a decent clip. I'd rather NOT push out a brow or face presentation, so I'm going to yoga tonight, seeing a cranial sacral practitioner tomorrow morning(she offered to come to my house tonight, but I don't feel like it's that urgent) and just doing a lot of hands and knees time at home in hopes of backing her out and giving her a chance to tuck her chin. If/when she does get into a better position it may go really quickly, or she may decide to float for a while more. Who knows. Dh stayed home today to let me rest/recover from that weekend, and he's talking about staying home tomorrow, though I think that is really just because he doesn't want to go to work, and I'm a good excuse. Yay for having loads of sick/vacation leave saved up.

So yeah, that's my non-baby update. I wish I had a cute picture of a tiny baby to add, but soon enough, right?

I'm reading and catching up, but my girls are soooooo very needy after a weekend away from us that typing this has taken me 2 hours or so. Poor kids - they've never been away from us for long periods of time, but i just couldn't handle having them underfoot this weekend. They need lots of extra cuddles today.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#66 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 PM

aww ivy, well sounds like you have a plan!

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#67 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 06:18 PM

had to go into my doctors office even though he wasn't there today my hubby got a high blood pressure reading when he tried to take it so they told me to come in.My swelling is atrocious so they told me to stay off my feet last night I was swollen all the way up to my knees.A nurse's assistant took my bp and said it was 130/82 and told me to come back tomorrow.I would love to go in tonight my kids are going to my parents for a few days while they are on spring break perfect timing.
#68 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM

Well, after 48 hours of labor, being sent home twice for failure to progress (once at 4 cm and again at 5.5 cm), my sweet little boy was born at 10:23 pm on 3/16/2010 after only 2 pushes!! Leonidas Snowdon Tigernach was born by successful and un-medicated VBAC in a wonderful hospital with a great, AWESOME midwife. We made it to 37 weeks and 2 days and he weighed 6 lbs, 1 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Off to read what the rest of you ladies have been up to for the past week...I've been out of it adjusting with a 4th little one in the house!

Chiromum and SuperChiroDad, joyful parents of: laurel eleanoir, cornelia philippa maximos lachlan pendragon and leonidas snowdon tigernach
#69 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM

congrats!!!!

A PhD = + +
#70 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 PM

Holy cow! Babies!

Go, Ivy. Hope you have a nice quick labor once she tucks in and gets serious.

Congrats, ChiroMum!

Rhi, want to send any of that baking here? I am done with cooking. I don't care if it's pouring cereal in a bowl, I'm just sick of thinking about food. I like eating, but thinking about food sucks right now. My nesting is laundry. LOTS of folding.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#71 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 PM

Is there a number of BH contractions that is "too many"?

I feel like one big braxton hicks tonight.

#72 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Is there a number of BH contractions that is "too many"?

I feel like one big braxton hicks tonight.
I usually try to ignore them, but the rule of thumb I've been told is "more than 4 in an hour." That seems a little extreme to me, especially this late in the pregnancy, BUT, I also know women for whom they actually meant real live labor was imminent. YMMV.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#73 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
I usually try to ignore them, but the rule of thumb I've been told is "more than 4 in an hour." That seems a little extreme to me, especially this late in the pregnancy, BUT, I also know women for whom they actually meant real live labor was imminent. YMMV.
Haha, I've definitely been having more than four in an hour. But it's been at night only. Just a few sporadic ones during the days. And only for the past couple of days.

I know I'm hydrated, so I'm attributing it to just being tired.

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so honestly, I hope they *are* doing something down there!

#74 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 PM

Rhi I'm the same way. Some days I feel like one big BH.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#75 of 272 Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 PM

I have way more than 4 an hour - have been since like 32w - so I generally go by the "if you can tell they're BH and not real contrax, baby isn't coming. Again, YMMV.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#76 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 01:07 AM

Ooh, I've been a "big ole BHs" lately too! I'm 38 weeks today (Holy sh*t!!). But I am not totally certain enough each time one hits that that's what it is, and I never pay attention to how long they are, so I don't pay it much mind. Still, have noticed an increase lately... hmm.

Ivy - sorry you are dealing with so many contractions and a baby that's firmly staying put! But I think your plan to rest sounds great, I hope I am sane enough to keep that option in mind if I have a similar slow-to-start labor. I'm sure she'll get herself in the right position, so hopefully things will get going again after you get some good solid rest.

Rhi - I am the same way, totally given up on counting on any nesting stuff in terms of cleaning. But I have been food-focused constantly during this pregnancy, and love to bake. So I'm thinking a lot about early labor cookies and a birthday cake and planning to do a big grocery shop in a week or so to stock up on freezer and canned goods. Once I decided I could buy lots of prepackaged stuff and NOT worry about cooking and freezing, I felt much more in the zone. I am really starting to feel that certain parties (no one on here!) have made me feel like we are going to become super incompetent people once our baby is born... like, if we don't plan meals now, we'll starve. And although I know we will at times feel incompetent in terms of baby stuff, we'll not starve, we can order a pizza here and there, and we can do the mac n cheese + frozen veggies option/ salad in a bag/ etc stuff to keep us going. Phew! I think it helps not having kids already, I'm reminding myself that DH and I can eat weird things at weird hours and keep going, without the pressure of a toddler or other demanding person to feed.

I bought 3 bags of cat food for our greedy furry babies today and 4 cans of my favorite soup so that is a help too, ha ha. Nevermind that I also bought ice cream, cookies, and gummi worms...

I also met with my friend who's going to do my placenta encapsulation! A little nervous about her doing it right and all of the stars aligning but I think it's just cause I'm a control freak.

Baby's room is coming along, slowly but finally. I am still struggling with anxiety (not all day - just when I, you know, try to relax!) but a long walk when I happened to be feeling less swollen helps. Swimming also helps... if only I could stay in that pool floating along all day!

This evening I feel confident, competent, and happy. A few hours ago I felt like I was going to lose it and never feel good again. This happens to me with my period, and happened in the first weeks of pregnancy, so it makes sense. I just don't want to get stuck in that place during postpartum, and I don't want to remember my pregnancy for bad times. So... lots of deep breaths, and reminding myself all things, good and bad, pass.

What is everyone doing to keep themselves occupied while waiting? I'm trying to work in more fun stuff, like movies and tea time with friends, but it's hard to find the energy and the time. I sort of thought things would come to a standstill - maybe that's week 39?

I keep wondering, "what on earth is everyone else doing being so busy?! Don't they know a baby's getting ready to be born here??!"

(sorry for always writing a novel!)
#77 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 07:56 AM

oh my goodness, thanks for your concern ladies. i've been so out of it that i didn't even realize how many days had passed since i've posted. sorry

i've exhausted myself reading the ddc and going back through the last weekly thread. i can't help but post my replies, but i know you'll forgive me if i've left anyone out! certainly not trying to respond to everything i've missed...

greentea, i really appreciate your post back on the 18th about PIH, and how your labor was fine anyway!

dena, yay for high bp and no spikes or trouble during labor!
goodness, i'm reading posts from almost a week ago, wondering if by the time i catch up you'll be pregnant

no colostrum over here still, but how fun for those of you who've seen it!

rhi, wow, a deep freeze - now THAT makes for a hungry freezer! you look so gorgeous in your maternity pics **sniff**

wow, erickalynne, sounds like you are ready on all fronts, and so is jennings, to be home! i think you will be just fine at home, since you've been able to do everything you've already done. you are super-mama...

bubbamummy, sorry baby hasn't turned yet, but still in your 35th week - seems like you have pa-lenty of time!

carita, what does your OB say about the things you've read, fluid numbers and the studies? they should listen to you, after all you are a very intelligent woman who is taking as much responsibility for her health care as she can.

sehbub, oh no, so sorry you are sick. didn't you just get over something? i hope this clears up before you hit your HB ok date!

dena, so good that you are 35 weeks . i know your mom would be so happy with you! would you consider the magnesium thing for your BH? what meds did they suggest?

ivymae, , great strategy, the yelling. my husband is already telling our baby things, but we haven't yelled at it yet . so glad your blessingway was fabulous! btw, what week are you?? hope the resting is working.

lenac,

justamama, wow, due on wednesday! btw, i'm having lots of ligament trouble in my right arm/hand, have been for weeks. it's kept me from doing a lot i've wanted to do, but yoga has helped a lot. at least for a couple days after class. i can't seem to remember enough or spend enough time doing it to keep up the relief...

skristina, so what are they telling you about labor and delivery related to your bp? we've been reading, and your numbers are similar to mine, just over the border into PIH, which can be fine for labor... just wondering what your HCP is saying to you.

sme, clothes that fit are dwindling for me too. i picked up a pair of cheap mat jeans at old navy this weekend, but they do NOT stay up. they are the elastic band kind that is supposed to sit beneath your belly. i seriously am going to take them back, which means i have one pair of jeans and my exercise pants now. i have one other pair of pants i love, but they are under belly too, and dig into my belly too much for comfort even though they fit.

jsh, on the mornphing toes and on the anxiety. i agree w/ pam england (birthing from within) that worry is the work of pregnancy. fleshing out our fears is the best way to process them, so they can become manageable and/or put aside...

momto4, , and wow, how are your contractions going?

mpp, looks like we've both been mia for awhile, . glad you are feeling good about dates and positioning!

aaaahhhhh, happy to be thankful for something - no facebook for me . NOT to slam it totally cause it's great if it's good for you and everything , but it sure seems like a lot of slapping up stuff, not real communication. i like our forum here

jenfl, yay! glad your little guy is just resting up

carley, your posts have taken on a rather sparkly cast lately - could it be new baby joy??

daisymomma, how's your bp today? i had swelling to my knees last week, but still nothing in my upper body or protein, so feeling pretty ok...

oh wow chiromum!!!!!! and yay for your VBAC!!!! welcome little guy w/ a big name!

joining the BH crowd, which have only begun to be painful occasionally. last night i actually had a couple that had a "center" if that makes sense. til now they've only been general tightening.

afm, there's just too much to tell everything. there's been a lot of house fiasco stuff going on. we stayed with ILs all weekend b/c of sprayfoam insulation going in, which we expected. but things were crazier than i anticipated w/ back and forth, and the work not being done right. now we are going to have additional spray that will mean more days out of the house. the BAD part of this is we just finished a reno in the baby's room and ALL my stuff is piled out in the second floor "reading room" and i cannot get to anything, and my husband found a leaking pipe inside a wall that is our laundry drain, so no laundry, and another "project" to do w/ drywall, people in and out, etc. the house is basically torn to bits. and if we have to leave again, it just pushes all this stuff out... agh. not. good.

bp - still going up (just over the threshold of PIH now), but i'm w/ a new acupuncturist who's more proactive and says she's confident we can get this under control, and am seeing my GP today just to discuss western med options in case. my MWs called a special meeting this weekend to discuss possible scenarios of transfer, as well as their comfort w/ high bp (no signs of pre-e still). i'm so appreciative of them, and they are not worried for my health or baby's, but this SUCKS.

my heart is very heavy, and i'm feeling overwhelmed. i've been crying, which i never do, worrying that my confidence in my body is becoming undermined. that's the cornerstone of successful homebirth/natural birth right? knowing that this is what my body is meant to do, drawing confidence and trust from the history of women, feeling my place there. and up until now i never questioned it. just struggling right now...

my one MW (CNM) thinks we may want to pursue all the avenues of "natural" induction at around 39 weeks (i'll be 37 on wednesday) if this bp thing continues. but honestly, i feel ambivalent about that too! most of them people say don't work if you aren't really ready anyway, but as a first time mom i worry about pushing my baby to come earlier than s/he is ready. and again, it messes w/ the no messing=confidence position i've had from the beginning.

seems obvious that circumstances here are a major factor in bp, right? the funny thing is it's the rising bp that has made me stress about the house - before i didn't care! definitely making more time for meditation, breathing, etc...

i know you guys will understand...

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#78 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 AM

Glad to see you, P+H! I will pray that your blood pressure stabilizes.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#79 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 08:15 AM

YAY!!! Group B Strep Negative!

Ivy, if you at all can, I'd try to get in a pool and float sort of on all fours holding onto the stairs or whatever way feels best to you to let baby reposition. See if the baby moves at all. What you're experiencing with non-progressing labor sounds awfully familiar to me, and larger babies can have issues getting into a good position for descent. On the plus side, once my son turned, I was in labor not even a full day later.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#80 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 09:37 AM

((hugs)) P&H - sounds like you have great MWs. My next appt was suppsed to be Friday, but they scheduled it w/the same MW, who I didn't much care for. DH felt that she ignored him, she looked bothered that DS was there, and she didn't go over any of the low fluid stuff with me. So I was sitting in the office thinking, "ah no big deal", then I try later to move around the u/s appt and all of a sudden it is a big deal. So I rescheduled w/a diff MW on Tuesday, just to get a different view.

Fortunately one biggest complication of high or low amniotic fluid is cord prolapse and since she's so low already, the likelyhood of that very slim.

A PhD = + +
#81 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 AM

I am so done!We will see what the doctor says today but I am pretty much retaining everyting I drink or at least that is what it feels like.37 w 2 days and I feel like this kid is a giant and it doesn't ease my fears of having a big baby.
#82 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM

Was hoping I'd feel a bit better today, but instead I just feel more DONE.

I am exhausted on a level that I haven't felt since the first trimester. Like, maybe close to as exhausted as I've ever felt in my whole life. I just want to cry I'm so tired. And I didn't really do anything strenuous yesterday. I slept poorly last night, though.

My tummy is upset with me.

I'm in a super grumpy mood. A coworker just came in and said, "you need noise! you almost always have the radio!" And it took all my effort to not SCREAM at her, "DON'T TELL ME WHAT I NEED!"

Everything anybody says to me or does is making me want to scream. And even the most *simple* requests from coworkers seems like they're asking me to climb freakin' Everest.

And then add in the occasional BH contraction, which sucks even more blood away from my brain.

At least I get to leave work at 3:15 for a midwife appt- but I still won't be home until my normal time. I'm a bit worried about what this level of exhaustion may do to my blood pressure. I want to get some caffeine with lunch, but then I'm worried that may really mess with my blood pressure?

#83 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM

Awwww, Rhi. I'm so sorry. That sounds absolutely miserable.

Is there anything you can do, like have planned out, so that every single day you get something that makes you happy? Like, go for a pedicure one day, go pick out a nice bathrobe the next day, movies a different day, massage, dessert with a close friend, etc.

That's the only way I know to get through 38 weeks pregnant. Just try to patch it through with a survival strategy until things start to look up (and they will! I promise!) Could you get "a stomach bug" and need to take a day off from work, and just lie around being the most indulgent pregnant lady ever? Maybe go to a thrift store, get some old and icky china and smash it? There's no morality to coping mechanisms. Do whatever you need to do in order to be ok.

#84 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Awwww, Rhi. I'm so sorry. That sounds absolutely miserable.

Is there anything you can do, like have planned out, so that every single day you get something that makes you happy? Like, go for a pedicure one day, go pick out a nice bathrobe the next day, movies a different day, massage, dessert with a close friend, etc.

That's the only way I know to get through 38 weeks pregnant. Just try to patch it through with a survival strategy until things start to look up (and they will! I promise!) Could you get "a stomach bug" and need to take a day off from work, and just lie around being the most indulgent pregnant lady ever? Maybe go to a thrift store, get some old and icky china and smash it? There's no morality to coping mechanisms. Do whatever you need to do in order to be ok.

I think my plan is to get home from the midwife appt, let the dog out to pee, and then crawl in bed and SLEEEEEEP. I really feel like most of my issues right this second revolve around being absolutely exhausted. If I didn't have a midwife appt I'd go home after lunch and just sleep. But I figure there's no point, since I'd just have to get up and go to the appt a little while later.

You know how sometimes when you don't get any sleep the night before, you're really exhausted, but you have this certain amount of sleepy energy that keeps you going through the day? I'm lacking the sleepy energy. I honestly think I've only felt this tired once or twice before- both in the first trimester. I feel like I've gone back to 10 weeks pregnant, but with a huuuuge cumbersome belly.

#85 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM

sorry rhi - maybe try a nice fruit smoothie for energy instead of caffiene? my last pregnancy i craved fruit smoothies like crazy LOL

A PhD = + +
#86 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 PM

I feel the same way, Rhi, including the morning sickness from first tri. This is not cool at 36 weeks!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#87 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 PM

I am so at the same spot too.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#88 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:38 PM

At least you guys feel like crying with me. Though I don't wish this feeling on anyone.

#89 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Peace and Hope I admit I was worried! I'm glad you're still hanging in there and that things are for the most apart okay. That stinks about your house though and that so can't be helping your bp.

Here's my feeling and you can take it or leave it. I know that many woman have complications with bp and need to be induced so I am not downplaying that risk. BUT I really feel like my body kicked into labor early with my son because it KNEW something was wrong. Can you hold onto that? It seems like being able to be in that space would help you feel more calm which is good for the bp. You are being amazingly proactive and strong

Hugs to all you going through 38 weeks. I've never been through a 38th week but I suspect that my week 34 feels like this (I am starting to think I just don't cook longer than 36 but we'll see). I feel tired to the point of an utter inability to function, depressed, angry, etc. And then after about a week of this, I come to, and am a total different person.

Daisymomma: I hope things speed up for you. It does sound miserable. ((hugs)))

AFM: I'm in a weird space. I feel distant from everything, and wish I could hole up in a cave. I hate having anyone touch me, and I'm not doing well being in public with a lot of people around me. I also am feeling reflective. Today I've got to get my class ready (trying to figure out what to do as I lost my voice due to stupid allergies), and get our van cleaned out. I want to get the car seat installed at some point today.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#90 of 272 Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Haha, I've definitely been having more than four in an hour. But it's been at night only. Just a few sporadic ones during the days. And only for the past couple of days.

I know I'm hydrated, so I'm attributing it to just being tired.

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so honestly, I hope they *are* doing something down there!
Yeah, I would be too! Come on, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
What is everyone doing to keep themselves occupied while waiting? I'm trying to work in more fun stuff, like movies and tea time with friends, but it's hard to find the energy and the time. I sort of thought things would come to a standstill - maybe that's week 39?

I keep wondering, "what on earth is everyone else doing being so busy?! Don't they know a baby's getting ready to be born here??!"

(sorry for always writing a novel!)
I'm trying to keep my preschoolers from destroying the house and waiting to hear on the house we put an offer on. Other than that, just counting the days that are DRAGGING by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
sehbub, oh no, so sorry you are sick. didn't you just get over something? i hope this clears up before you hit your HB ok date!
Not really, just some PTL scares. The stomach bug is mostly gone (knock on wood!!) so that's thankfully out of the way!

Quote:
joining the BH crowd, which have only begun to be painful occasionally. last night i actually had a couple that had a "center" if that makes sense. til now they've only been general tightening.
Mine almost always center around baby boy's butt right now. His butt is still REALLY high, so naturally that means that I can't breathe well during the BH cntxs.

Being at this stage of pregnancy is so very hard, even without all of the external factors you've got going on! It's totally natural to cry about it, and some degree of emotional cleansing is actually really beneficial to birth. I firmly believe we can't get in to a safe place (mentally and physically) to birth until we've purged major emotional issues. :

AFM: the sellers accepted our offer on the house, so now it goes to the bank. We're hopeful it won't be a huge drawn out process because a)they had a previous offer that was approved and we offered the same amount, b)we put a 30 day expiration date on the offer and c)the lawyer they were working with during the first offer process is still in the picture and still in communication with the bank. Hopefully all those things together will expedite the process and we'll be under contract by the end of April.

My MW came by for our home visit this morning and everything looks great! Baby's HR was right at 140 (but spiked to 150 while he ran away from the doppler ) and he's definitely vertex but she could feel his hand beside his head. I had trace protein in my urine, but she wasn't even remotely surprised or alarmed. When she took my BP I chose to lay down, since the last two times she's taken it with me sitting up and then had to redo it with me laying down. Apparently I was almost unconscious this morning b/c my BP was 106/68. She just laughed and said, "you know how to RELAX!"

She also said that when I start a distance midwifery program, she's willing to be my local preceptor.

My next appointment is 4/1, which is 9 days from now, and my green light date.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page