Weekly thread, March 28-Apr 4 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

#301 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
I gave in and resorted to pineapple today. Then I tried inserting some EPO and the darn thing wouldn't stay up there.
I've been inserting it/ them right before bed, with a good pad on... but the funny thing is that when I get up to go pee (one million times) in the middle of the night, and all of the oil dribbles out, I always think for a second "is that my water breaking?!!". Sleepy, pregnant, wishful thinking brain.

I am also doing this big waffle thingy - taking extra EPO orally and vaginally one night - then none at all the next - am I ready or am'nt I?!

I did eat a whole pineapple today, but that was mostly cause it was tasty and on sale

I tried to talk DH into DTD, but he didn't wanna because a. uncomfortable and awkward and unsexy for both of us and b. he suddenly got very nervous about becoming a father ANY DAY NOW and made me promise that this baby is staying in for the weekend.

So I had to tell her - "your dad wants to hold you soon but not now - your due date is monday - let's work together on this."

Oh, and last night I dreamt about having the easiest birth ever - the baby kind of just whooshed out in the shower - but then the hospital took her away and I couldn't find her. Not scary but just irritating... I was trying to introduce DH to her but there was bureacracy stopping us from holding the baby. I woke up going "OK no one takes the baby out of my arms, period!". But that easy birth sure seemed nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 02:37 AM

I guess DH changed his mind about the name, so we're going back to the hospital tomorrow and changing it.

:facepalm

I can't believe we had this hard of a time coming up with a name.

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#303 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 AM

P&H-

Yay! I'm so glad to get more of the story, and still so glad to hear that you're okay!

To answer your question- it's not about being overdue. Actually, my due date is Tuesday and the induction is scheduled for Wednesday. It's because I was diagnosed with Cholestasis of Pregnancy, which can potentially be dangerous. Probably it's not, but the risk is increased enough that it makes the induction make sense. But the OBs were comfortable waiting until Wednesday. So in the meantime we're trying to get me into labor.

And an update for others- just got off the phone with the midwife. Neither the on-call nor the back-up has gotten any sleep in the past 24 hours, so we're going to move trying castor oil until tomorrow morning. Although I'm ready to get the show on the road, I wasn't really excited about castor oil, so I'll keep trying to get into labor in the meantime!

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .

#304 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 PM

For Rolenta!!! Great job and sounds like a quick birth! Sorry about having to change the name...that's gotta feel...weird. I had a dream about my boy and names last night. I was "trying on" names while holding him (but it wasn't a visual dream so no sneak peak). I now can't remember what names I was thinking!

P&H Congrats honey and so glad you are safe at home now. Such at a tiny little guy! Oh I can imagine the snuggles.....

Go MPP! Hope those doughnuts where yummy.

So serious question. (hardy har har). Is it the SPERM in the ejaculate that is important? BF is cut and I'm seriously wondering WHICH property is valuable in that fluid! Anytime we DTD i don't get ONE ctx. Nada. It could be my body (I do get BH but those are NORMAL for standing up let alone dtd) but I was also wondering which qualitys of sex (i know MY orgasm is important as well) were supposed to be the labor inducing culprit.

We did go out to eat last night. I had fried mushrooms and wings...but i'm a HUGE wimp and they weren't spicy. It was nice just to be able to ORDER something and not have to make it or clean it up!

Happy Easter!
#305 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Okay, her name is Naomi Brielle. We won't change it again, I promise.

Congrats P+H! So glad you're home and okay.

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#306 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm not sure Danielle. We gave it a go this morning and no luck, but we tried to get some products up there anyways.

Come on baby! I want to get out of making ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner

Oh and am I the only person who has never eaten eggplant? The idea of eggplant parm is totally foreign to me.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#307 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM

SCG I've eaten it but I hate it.

Danielle: From what I've read it is the sperm. Female orgasm does help to open up the cervix but it does seem like sperm is the big factor. That said it's doing NOTHING here. Dh and I are having a great time but it doesn't seem to bring on labor. I have a few BHs afterwards, and it gets all cramp but it leads to nowhere.

So no Easter baby at this point. I'm having NOTHING this morning not even my usual BHs or cramping. Oh well...onto Easter egg hiding for the kids, walk in the park to check out the ducklings, and I'm going to finish cleaning our bedroom today.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#308 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 01:30 PM

Yay, babies!!

I have to say, one of the things I love about homebirth is that I have plenty of time to come up with a name. We didn't fill out DD's paperwork for 10 days.
We didn't change our minds, but it was nice to have no pressure.

DTDing doesn't seem to be helping me either. At all. We've probably done it 10 times in the last week, and the only day I had serious contractions was the day we didn't.
It is still fun, though.

I ate a whole eggplant last night. Nothing.

Oh, and I talked to my mom again this morning. She said she thought she'd have lost some weight by the time her next grandkid was born, and that it's a good thing this baby's going to be late. (I'm 38 weeks 1 day right now)
Thanks, mom.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#309 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingfox View Post
oh, and I talked to my mom again this morning. She said she thought she'd have lost some weight by the time her next grandkid was born, and that it's a good thing this baby's going to be late. (I'm 38 weeks 1 day right now)
Thanks, mom.
Yup that totally warrants an eye roll:P

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#310 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 PM

For the eggplant haters- I think it's actually supposed to be the basil and other herbs in the dish that is the potential help. I actually doubt that even that is enough to do anything, but I'm not sure it's supposed to be the eggplant. So make a batch of spaghetti and load up on the herbs. maybe some spicy tomato sauce?

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#311 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 02:16 PM

All DTDing did for me last night was give me uncomfortable cramps, and I had to go to the bathroom five or six times during the night, as opposed to regular two or three. DH is bummed out that I said no more of that. Walking around the neighborhood hardly did anything either. Oh, and I also rubbed my nipples in the shower. That stimulated me most of all, but it didn't last long. Hardly any contractions at all. I woke up this morning happy that nothing happened though, as I'm still feeling a little under the weather, and DS woke up with a cold too. We decided to skip family Easter stuff today, and it's yucky outside again, so we are hanging out together at home all day. Today is DH's Monday, so I'm hoping to hold out until Wednesday or so. Everyone else, hoping for faster outcome or Easter baby

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#312 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
I'm not sure Danielle. We gave it a go this morning and no luck, but we tried to get some products up there anyways.

Come on baby! I want to get out of making ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner

Oh and am I the only person who has never eaten eggplant? The idea of eggplant parm is totally foreign to me.
i've never had eggplant either. i don't think i've encountered a food so far that has any potenial to put me into labor including the pineapple...but i'll indulge that cause i like it! i still have 3 very ripe ones i should get to asap before they go bad!

i was pretty sure that it was the sperm that was important....but hey the sex is still fun! and knowing that theres a 6ish week dry spell coming makes us both really want to have some quality time.
#313 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 04:49 PM

all these babies, so exciting!!

It sucks being due near the end of the month, I feel like there wont be many of us left

AFM baby is still breech. Ive accepted that he/she wont be turning. DS wasnt small (8lbs 6) and im guessing it cant turn now for one reason or another. So ive abandoned all hope of my birth center birth, and im mentally preparing for a c-section-which, 2 weeks ago sounded like the worse, most horrible thing ever but im almost at peace with it now. Not ideal no, but I just cant wait to hold my baby.

We're hopefully going to book it for the 21st, so just over 2 weeks from now! have a consult. with the OB at the hospital on Friday so we'll see what they say I guess.

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#314 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj View Post
Congratulations P&H!!!!

How perverse is it that I kind of want to have a baby tonight so that I don't have to go to MIL's tomorrow?
We are totally on the same page. It's 4 o'clock, we're supposed to be there at 5:30 and I'm not having a single cramp. (Though I do feel tired and nauseated, but that's probably from the bunny cake I ate earlier...)

P+H I love the name Charlie! I'm so glad you're home and doing well.

I had a whole list of things to say to everyone and now my brain is just like...white noise. Or maybe that's just the sound of DH's amp, he's playing the guitar loudly and DD is watching Nick Jr. turned up over top of him. I have a headache now.

At this point with DD (almost 38 weeks) I was having all kinds of pre-labor. Except for April 1st and all those contractions, I've had nothing during this pregnancy. Hardly even any BH! And I went for a short hike yesterday too...I can go hiking, wtf? This baby is comfortable. I'm ok with that, though I do really want to meet her.

I'll join the pregnant until September club.

My cervix is still pretty thick, but it's front and center today instead of pointing backwards. It's never been front and center before. It was easy to feel the opening and I think it was only 1 cm...maybe 1.5. There was one spot of blood in my panties this morning, but it wasn't in with CM. It was just a drip of blood like you would have if a tampon started to leak. How odd is that?!?

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#316 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 PM

Congrats, Rolenta and P+H! Welcome Naomi and Charlie!!

As for DTD, it's not the sperm that's important, it's a group of hormones in the semen called prostaglandins, found in the seminal fluid from the prostate, not the sperm from the testes.

Whether or not your partner has had a vasectomy, his semen will still be beneficial!

Lots of mucus today and some REALLY big contractions. Not expecting to go in to labor, but I wouldn't mind. Aside from not having his car seat yet (which is minor considering we're having a homebirth) we're set and just waiting for him to show up.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#317 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 08:38 PM

P+H - I am SO glad you checked in, and that Charlie is here! Come back to the darkside of MDC!

Rolenta - Welcome Naomi! My sister went back and forth on her younger son's name, and was tempted to legally change it when he was a year old. I'd say the first week is fair game.

MMP posted in the announcements thread that she gave birth to Valen this morning! Easter baby!

Riverbeauty - She is stunning! How is your son adjusting?

Thanks all for the kind words and thoughts on Rebecca's birth. I posted her (unedited, way too long) birth story up in the announcement thread, with some pictures. I'm feeling pretty good today - engorgement is not fun, but you know what is?! Laying on my stomach! Bwahahahaha.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#318 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Heidi Congrats and welcome Naomi!! Can't wait to see pictures!

P+H Congrats on Charlie's birth! Can't wait to see his pictures too!! I am so glad your hospital birth ended up being a good experience and you are both home safe and sound!

loveneverfails Sorry you are having so many dumb contrax all the time and are grumpy. At least I think you mentioned something about that.

Ginger My MIL (whom I saw yesterday, btw) suddenly did a double take at my belly this afternoon - I think we had been there a couple of hours by that point - and asked my FIL to quick hand her the camera because she wanted to get a picture. Like maybe it was going somewhere? She totally cracks me up sometimes.

Rhi Yay for mucous plug loss!! Hoping you are in true labor soon!

And yes, from what I have read, it is the basil and *I think* the oregano in the Eggplant Parm that are the labor inducing elements. Basil for sure can supposedly cause uterine contrax. What better excuse for pesto sauce?

bubbamummy I am sorry you are looking at a c-section, but glad you are coming to a place of peace with it.

Riverbeauty Lirum is beautiful!!

MPP Yay!! For an Easter baby!!

Ivory Sure, taunt us all with your ability to lay on your stomach. PBBBTT.

AFM We had a nice Easter here. The big bunny came last night and the girls had fun with their baskets. Then off to Grandma's house for the traditional Easter Egg hunt and brunch (which thankfully this year was after the egg hunt, so my kids actually ate something!). Now we are home, dh is doing homework and I am snuggled up in the recliner enjoying the peace and quiet of kids recovering from a sugar crash.

So, tonight I am going to spend some time meditating on a perfect birth and becoming a mom of four. Then, tomorrow is the beginning of my labor induction plan. I have laundry to fold and put away (many trips up and down stairs) and licorice sticks to eat. In between that I will do nipple stim and if that doesn't do it dh is up to bat tomorrow night. Then a chiro appt. Tuesday AM, some walking, more nipple stim, and hopefully having labor kick in no later than Tuesday afternoon. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#319 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 PM

THANKS!

Alex is torn... sometimes he loves her to death... and sometimes he can't stand her... he's discovered that he is going to have to share mom and dad from now on and he's good about telling my husband to give Lirum back to me when he wants to play with him. He has shared toys with her and smacked her... Alex has big emotions for such a young guy.

Alexander 2-15-07
Lirum 3-17-10
#320 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Rolenta Congrats!!

River I love the name and the face. What great pics :-D

Mater Congratulations!

Ok - I'm ready. Let's go, baby! Hello? Helloooo?

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#321 of 321 Old 04-04-2010, 10:49 PM

congrats to rolenta & ph&H!!! love the names, love the birth story!

I have almost made it - in fact I am pretty sure I will make it. Todya was the only day in April I absolutely couldn't have this baby. She would have shared bday with someone that I beyond abhor. Now I feel like I am in the clear. I didn't finish the work I was suppsed to do last week, so I am hoping that I will have next week to work at least before any action happens.

Today was great - we dd the easter thing, went to chruch w/my mom, did an easter egg hunt, and had lucnh at her house. Lunch was late so DS went down for a nap while there, and then I laid down - next thing I know, its 4:30! And believe it or not, Im already ready for bed again LOL. So I stuffed myself full a second time at supper, then we went home.

Monday I have a pladate w/a girl I met online thorugh a BWign site. looking forward to it as our sons are the same age! still feel guilty I don't have all my work done though - but I think the guilt keeps this baby baking LOL to give me time to finish, so I think it'll keep my playdate!

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page