Weekly thread, March 28-Apr 4 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm afraid I'm not going to know what real contractions feels like after feeling crampy, back achey and blah and having hard BH for a week now. With my first 2 I didn't believe I was in labour for the longest time and that makes me nervous.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
I'm afraid I'm not going to know what real contractions feels like after feeling crampy, back achey and blah and having hard BH for a week now. With my first 2 I didn't believe I was in labour for the longest time and that makes me nervous.
I feel the same way. I had no signs at all with the other three. Now I have had all this prestuff and i keep thinking "Wonder if it is doing something and all of a sudden I go into labor." But really I've just resigned myself to the forever pregnancy:P

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#63 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaGinger61 View Post
I feel the same way. I had no signs at all with the other three. Now I have had all this prestuff and i keep thinking "Wonder if it is doing something and all of a sudden I go into labor." But really I've just resigned myself to the forever pregnancy:P
Yes, exactly this for me too.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#64 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 08:13 PM

I feel strange too. Very blah, no energy, kind of nauseated but not exactly. My BH are getting so strong! They squeeze the air out of me and feel like they'll squeeze the pee out too, and some of them really pinch. I feel very...restless...like the night before going on a big vacation when you're a little kid. Anticipatory, I guess.

My IRL friend had her baby today at 38 weeks via c-section. (She was having some complications and had 2 previous c-sections.) She found out she was pregnant about two weeks before me. Now that she's had her baby I *have* to be next. It's my turn! I'm close to 37 weeks, depending on what date you go by.

I've been checking my cervix daily to get a feel for what it's doing/where it hides/how it feels. Today I couldn't find it. There's a huge hard ball right in the front lower part of my vagina and I couldn't reach around it to find my cervix. I'm confused--I guess it's the baby's head pressing through the cervix and the opening is behind it somewhere? What does that mean? The head has never been that low before.

My midwife has had two of her late April babies born already. Maybe I'll follow the trend? I'm afraid to even hope.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#65 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

My midwife is coming over for an extra visit tomorrow evening to check Sprout's position. We want to know if I need to keep on keeping on with positioning things, or move to trying to get him to drop again.

She's mentioned stripping my membranes a few times -- saying that since I'm now "post due", we might as well try to get things moving. I've done a bit of reading, and I'm kind of skeptical. It doesn't seem to work that well, and if it does work... do I really want to kick things into labor if Sprout isn't ready for some reason?

Has anyone had this done? Any feelings on it?

Jen, homeschooling geek of DD 9 and DS 6.
#66 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM

Jen, I don't know if it's a bad thing..maybe since it's invasive. But I will tell you my last midwife stripped mine at my afternoon appointment with DD and I had a baby before midnight that night. I went into active labor on the car ride home from that appointment!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#67 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 PM

bubbamummy- a friend of mine just posted thison fb, thought you might be interested? fwiw the frozen peas/ heating pad trick worked for me at 35 weeks last pregnancy, but Im sure you tried that before all this other fancy stuff.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#68 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM

MW just left and I am measuring....... *drum roll* 44 weeks! Not surprising, since I've been up between 4 and 6 this entire pregnancy, but lordy it makes me feel huge.

Great news though: baby is no longer engaged all cockeyed! She's back to floating, which is one of the reasons I am measuring so large. I'm still contracting more than is comfortable, but at least I trust that when labor does really kick in, she's not going to be coming out nose first. PLUS, midwife brought the pool! Now if I can just shake this cold/cough, we are in business.

Jen - Do you have a deadline for delivery? If so, it's something I would consider as you get close to your deadline, but otherwise I am wary of it, for the same reasons I am wary of most induction methods. If your body is ready, it will take, but if it's not, it may just send you into another round of fruitless contractions, which will just exhaust you and baby.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#69 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

ivymae -- yea for straight babies!!!! I hope your LO settles down into place soon!

Jen, homeschooling geek of DD 9 and DS 6.
#70 of 321 Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM

Just got back from first night seder. Had a bit of wine, which went straight to my head and made me feel sick (well, that and the fact that the house was 80 degrees even with the windows open ), but the food was soooooo yummy and the company better.

I'm going into a coma now. Wake me up when these contractions do something.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#71 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 AM

Dena ~ My mom did actually agree that I only need one outfit. It is just v funny & lucky that out of four weddings, they are for four different groups of people! DH is going to get v sick of seeing the same outfit, lol! Funny you should mention sewing a sling b/c I do actually have a bag of different linens & two sets of Sling Rings that have been sitting in my sewing room closet for, oh, 3 years now? I need a hemming foot for my machine before I can sew them, which is why I never have. I think I will finally look into ordering one & getting some fancy fabric. I already have a silver set of rings, so that will work.

I am exhausted! Wth is going on? The best thing about having a scheduled c/s was a fixed end date. I could have gone into labor at any time, but if I didn't, I at least knew when the baby would be born. DH is crazy busy at work this week so it would be a bad week to have a baby. That is okay. As much as I would like to meet this baby, I am totally fine w/ her staying in another week. I really really do want April. I just want to know why I feel like poop

Jen, I would be MIGHTY tempted to take mw up on the offer. I know that lots of people put sweeping the membranes in the same kind of category as drinking castor oil. It's not like you are doing something unstoppable, like AROM, but something *possible*. I have heard it mentioned & done a lot, so it is not unusual, to me at least.

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#72 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
MW just left and I am measuring....... *drum roll* 44 weeks! Not surprising, since I've been up between 4 and 6 this entire pregnancy, but lordy it makes me feel huge.

Great news though: baby is no longer engaged all cockeyed! She's back to floating, which is one of the reasons I am measuring so large. I'm still contracting more than is comfortable, but at least I trust that when labor does really kick in, she's not going to be coming out nose first. PLUS, midwife brought the pool! Now if I can just shake this cold/cough, we are in business.
Great news Ivy. I hope the contractions ease a bit so you can get some sleep in. Mine are off and on in that sometimes I can sleep and sometimes not. Last night was a not. Hopefully tonight will be an is:P

Jen: I know nothing of the stripping of membranes but it sounds like others do I'm going with Ivy's answer because if it does just cost contractions with no results...argh. BTDT.

I was getting really scared as baby had not moved all day but she started to give me some lazy kicks. I"ve been contracting off and on since about six. Very unpleasant. The cramps seemed to have eased off at least. Oh and the lovely ice pick pain is back. Grumble..all right before bed of course. Honestly I wouldn't mind going full term because of job, etc but the thought of four more weeks on top of the three weeks I've already of prelabor stuff is daunting and discouraging. I guess I'll get over it as I am going to be pregnant forever!!!

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#73 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
ivymae -- yea for straight babies!!!! I hope your LO settles down into place soon!
When I first glanced at that, I thought you meant straight as opposed to gay, lol. I was like, "Are they testing for that now?"

Sounds like everyone's in the pre-labour boat. I am, too, and I had nothing of the sort with the other two. Weird!

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#74 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 AM

Well, guys, I'm having a bad feeling.

After my stomach bug my urine has stayed relatively dark, though it is getting lighter slowly. But my poops have stayed really really pale, which I read can be a result of getting over a bug and stomach bacteria not being back to normal yet. So I wasn't concerned.

But now. Now I itch. Started on the palms of my hands. Then onto my feet. Now all over. I woke up at about 1:00 this morning thinking I was going to freakin' die if I didn't stop itching. And when I got out of bed just now I realized that my chest was red from me scratching it in the middle of the night. Aveeno lotion isn't cutting it.

If anybody has any anecdotal evidence that this isn't obstetric cholestasis and that I'm not heading toward an induction at the hospital and the loss of my lovely birth center birth, please tell me.

I spent most of my time awake at 1 am bawling my eyes out at the idea. Maybe it's just something to do with the stomach bug? I sort of doubt it, though.

*sigh*

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#75 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 AM

Rhi. I was super-itchy towards the end with DS as well - turned out to be an allergic reaction to the amount of eggs I was eating on the Brewer diet, though I was convinced it was cholestasis.

Just go talk to your midwives. Not knowing has GOT to be worse.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#76 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 AM

Thanks sme. I just needed to know that there was even the slightest possibility that it was SOMETHING else. I'm going to call the birth center as soon as I've pooped (figure I might as well give them the most up-to-date info as possible!)

I'm feeling a bit more rational than I was at 1 am...but still pretty discouraged. Especially since other than the itching, and general tired-of-being-pregnantness I feel fine.

On another note. I'm getting SO worried about P&H. Her update to us was six days ago

#77 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 AM

jenfl- Membrane stripping didn't work for me at all, and I had it done multiple times. I really don't know how effective it is. Some people do go into labor soon after, but it's usually done when people are "late" and there's no way of knowing if they would have gone right into labor then anyway, kwim?

rhi- I hope you find relief soon! I'm pretty sure itchiness is pretty normal during pregnancy, and I can't use some of the lotions I used before because they make me itch now.

afm- Yesterday I was having BH contractions that weren't fully regular, but were probably close to it (I wasn't timing them) from about 3pm until about 7pm. We went for a long family hike to see if that would help, and then came home for dinner.
They started to get more painful at the end, and I got all excited, but then they stopped after dinner. I was so exhausted when they stopped. I don't know if it my exhaustion was from the BH or from the hike.
I woke up at exactly midnight with a rock-hard uterus and got all excited, but then nothing happened after that.
So, yeah, there's something going on but not too much yet.

I'm a little nervous about going to see my endocrinologist today (hypothyroid) since her office is in a hospital. If I go into early labor there, I'm sure I could hide it, but I'm not sure how things would go if my water broke all over the floor or something. I imagine they'd be trying pretty hard to get me to go to L&D instead of going back home..

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#78 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 AM

Going to the birth center at 11 to have blood drawn. Of course, I'm sure they have to send it off- so maybe I'll just go into labor before the results come back.

I had a long talk with this baby at 1 am as I was in bed crying telling her to just hurry the heck up and come on out before things get crazy.

She did a little dance and pressed down for a second- and then decided to just stay in.

Stubborn child.

#79 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM

Rhi: I wish i had any real info, but I know after I am dehydrated my skin kills me, and has even peeled/sloughed off. Let us know as soon as you hear anything.

I've been thinking of P+H a lot lately too. I really hope she is just too busy with her new little one to check in. *bites fingernails*

This cold is just getting worse and worse. Coughing up phlegm now, which is a load of fun since I can't take a deep breath to get any leverage on it. Wouldn't pneumonia right now just be lovely? I slept very little last night and DH is coming home from work at noon to give me a break. What I wouldn't give to take some nyquil and just check out for the day. Forget alcohol, forget staying out all night - the "old life" I miss is the one where I could take cold medicine willynilly and not feel guilty.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#80 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 12:02 PM

Rhi what are the blood tests for?

Someone I know online is a bit psychic...it sounds strange, but after my miscarriage (in January) she told me that I would conceive again near the end of July and get a positive pregnancy test at the very beginning of August...and I did. Then she told me that it was a girl, and I would hold a healthy baby in April. It is a girl!

She said today that the baby will be born April 17th.

I can wait that long. It's only a few weeks. I'll be 39 weeks then. Can't wait to find out if she's right! Only downside is that my midwife will be out of town that day.

#81 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogretro View Post
I need a hemming foot for my machine before I can sew them, which is why I never have. I think I will finally look into ordering one & getting some fancy fabric. I already have a silver set of rings, so that will work.
I've made many slings, used to sell them, without having ever using a hemming foot on materials from muslin to brocades. The instructions I always suggest for slings are http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html She also has some great printable card size information on the safety of ring slings and why the Infantino bag style sling wasn't safe making it the only one recalled.

Membrane stripping put me in labor with dd @ 39w5d when I had pitting edema and protein in my urine. I doubt my ob at the time would have done if not for those factors. As it was we were discussing an induction for the end of the next week. One thing I can say that as a FTM and maybe a finger tip dilated stripping membranes hurts badly! I don't know if it would hurt as bad now as or not and I'd rather not find out, but as he is still breech as far as I can tell it's not an option.

AFM I'm really starting to wonder if there is a reason why this little guy is breech such as cord not long enough to turn or issues with my uterus. I had horrible kidney stone problems just before getting pg and through this pg which makes me wonder if that messed things up. Next Monday I'll have an us and we will discuss an external version as I will be 37 weeks. I want a very good check of how things look and how they are located before attempting that version though. I would rather go through a c-section than risk any harm from a version that he can't tolerate.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#82 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingfox View Post
jenfl
I'm a little nervous about going to see my endocrinologist today (hypothyroid) since her office is in a hospital. If I go into early labor there, I'm sure I could hide it, but I'm not sure how things would go if my water broke all over the floor or something. I imagine they'd be trying pretty hard to get me to go to L&D instead of going back home..
i had the same thought although i was at the outpatient place for the hospital....i wondered what would happen if i went into labor while there cause a.)i have the van but bf had the kids b.) i'm IN part of the hospital but not AT the hospital so what they would force me to call an ambulance?

i was having my iron iv and my veins are not happy!!! they had 2 failures and finally got it to go in the 3rd time. the first just wasn't working, the 2nd somehow didn't hit the vein and made a bubble in my skin. the 3rd time they got it in but they had to do it on the spot that was used on friday so it wasn't even healed yet. i've been stuff for draws or ivs or failed iv's SEVEN TIMES in SEVEN DAYS!!! i am planning to run (waddle painfully?) screaming at the hospital when they tell me i need an iv cause it's procedure. yeah freakin right! get away from me!

membrane stripping~ i don't know that it works either. i had it done with dd but i was already 4 cm and mw said i would go into labor either way. i chose to do it cause i didn't want the gunk in my undies. it was still a bit painful even though i was so open though. i'd say that it's not quite a last resort thing (like cohash and castor oil) but it's not the FIRST thing i would do especially if your still pretty closed/tight.

pepper that sounds really promising! wish we could all get some predictions ...oh wait i predict we'll all be pregnant forever!

had 5 ctx last night. it was interesting cause they were at 3 minutes apart so i guess when this party kicks off it's going to be quick. they weren't building correctly though and they were the opposite...if i STOPPED moving around they stopped and while i kept changing positions they kept going. it was pretty funny though cause it felt like i had this weird control like i had to be the one to make labor keep going instead of riding the labor ride...very tiring.
#83 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 PM

dhinder- I made up a code for my husband this morning. If I call him and say "my leg hurts", he'll know I'm in labor and he needs to come and get me and take me home.
I don't think it would be a big deal, but I'm paranoid sometimes and I'd rather not risk it. Hospitals around here are known for being pretty darn aggressive.

dogretro- I agree with s_kristina, don't let lack of hemming foot hold you back. I've never owned one, and I've made slings. I've used hemming feet in the past (for other projects), and I actually found that I prefer to not use them. I just pin the hem and sew.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#84 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 01:22 PM

RhiOriona Hoping for positive results for you.

I'm worried about P+H as well. I remember her saying that they were doing work on the house and ran into snags which meant more work? So I"m hoping she's a) busy with new baby and b) staying with her MIL those not having access to computer.

Ivy Hope you feel better. I just got over something like that...although I think mine was allergies and I did take Clearatin. I couldn't take it anymore. I had been drug free for this whole pregnancy and had honestly reached the end. As I mentioned on FB, I had a year between no nursing and no pregnancy and it was pretty freakin' awesome to take hardcore cold medicines

I'm loling at the fear of labor in hospitals. That would suck!!!! I'm living in terror of it happening it at school. Every time I get ready for work, I make a little wish that if my water is going to break it does it now or at least in my car so I can get out of there!

Another no sleep night. I slept really good for two hours, woke up because the contractions were making me have to pee. Then I laid awake for two hours and sleep fitfully for the rest of the night and morning. Grrr. I'm really just hoping to make it past the dreaded April 1st date. I will be so GRUMPY if I have a baby on the first.

#85 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
Yup, me too. Even when I was having near constant crampy contrax last night I refused to believe I was in labor.

Jen Fwiw, my mw with my first stripped my membranes when I was over a week past dates, and I started into labor a couple of days later. She is very non-invasive (actually, I think that was my first vag exam) and assured me that it would not make my body do anything it was not ready to do anyway.

Ivory Yay for floating straight babies!!! As for the cold, my gp is a big fan of steam - when I was sick in dec. his advice was to close myself up in the bathroom and run the sink and/or shower really hot as often as possible to get all the gunk out. I have heard others swear by neti pots, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolenta View Post
When I first glanced at that, I thought you meant straight as opposed to gay, lol. I was like, "Are they testing for that now?"
I am sure it is only a matter of time, sadly enough.

Rhi I hope it is just an allergy or dehydration and easily fixed.

laughingfox I felt the same way when we had to take my mom to the ER when I was past dates with my first. Luckily, dh was with me, and I told him in no uncertain terms not to let them keep me there if I went into labor! Glad you have a system worked out with your dh.

Danielle Ugh. Your IVs sound horrible. I hope they are at least helping the anemia.

afm Last night was beyond not good. I guess for me a full moon plus a storm = being sick. I started having chills and nausea and diarreah around 9:30, and then started throwing up. I was basically up once or twice an hour until about 2a.m. either pooping or throwing up. And then every hour after that just feeling miserable. Oh, and I was having near constant pinchy bh contrax, which I totally ignored due to all the other stuff and because they just didn't hurt enough for anything to really be going on. And obviously nothing was. I finally fell asleep around 5:30, and the cat and dd2 started jumping on me about 7:00. Dh did go to the store to get me Gatorade, but is now off to work. I get that he is trying to not take time off now so he can be there for a couple of days during/after the birth, but I don't know that one extra day is going to break anything. I swear, next time he calls in sick I am going to tell him I have work meeting and disappear for several hours.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#86 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Sorry, I haven't had time to read all of the posts since this morning, but I thought I'd give an update.

Went to the birth center and they drew the blood. Blood work is to check for Cholestasis. But the internet seems to think that the bloodwork for Cholestasis takes weeks to get back- but they said they could have it back this afternoon. I'm thinking maybe this bloodwork isn't particularly definitive?

If it comes back negative, then I just deal with it and take benadryl. If it comes back positive- we induce. I assume pitocin at the hospital. I didn't get into the details of that part yet, I figured I'd wait and see if it was even an issue.

I'm about to go post in birth and beyond to ask some questions, since this isn't something that was even on my radar of possible issues.

I did allow a cervical check today, even though I hadn't been planning on allowing one. But I figured if they're going to possibly induce we might as well see where we're starting.

Ugh. I'll update you when they call back.

#87 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 01:59 PM

Kristina & Fox ~ Jan is actually who I bought my sling from & the directions I plan to follow! Her instructions call for a hemming foot & it looks like a huge pita to fold the hem myself. I'll try it w/out the foot at some point. I am not in a rush right now. If it sucks, then I'll order the foot.

I am still exhausted & feel weird. I had 3 regularly-spaced contractions last night, which was pretty cool. Today I am achy at the bottom of my uterus. Not quite crampy, just a steady ache, & in my lower back, too. It is also being funny b/c I had my child care "job" this morning & the whole time I was busy w/ the kids, I felt nothing, but as soon as I got home & could sit down, it hurt. All of this is really neat to me b/c I had ZERO pre-labor signs w/ dd. Seriously, zero. When I was hooked up to the monitor at the hospital before my c/s, the midwife said I had had two contractions. Didn't feel a thing! DD is asleep & I am just too tired to pass up the opportunity for a nap even though her nap time is my alone time. I hate losing my alone time *pout*

Rhi:

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#88 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 PM

Rhi: : Keep us posted.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#89 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 03:52 PM

Rhi, I'm hoping for a good result for you. Hopefully, it's nothing! I can tell you that I've had horrible allergies this past month, and they started out with me feeling itchy all over. They are really unpleasant, but definitely not threatening. Anyway, crossing my fingers for good news for you.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ilies/cold.gif

Dena, Ivy, and everyone else not feeling well, argh, how frustrating. It's the last thing you mamas need right now. Sending out feel good vibes ~~~~~

Afm, I've been feeling interesting this past week. First, I've been feeling a little nauseated and even a little shaky on and off. I read about Evening Primrose Oil having a negative effect on stomach, so I cut it way down, maybe to one a day. I feel fine most of the time though. Sunday night, baby was moving like crazy, right when I went to bed. It was like he was bumping his head into my bottom over and over. It gave me really bad leg and back cramps. Ouchy. Seriously, it was nuts, like he was trying to get out or something. Yesterday night, everything felt so nice and calm though, and even this morning I woke up with a question in my mind, why isn't the baby moving? He then gave me a little twitch, but he has been sort of more calm than usual, although his activity has been on and off all pregnancy, so not too worried. I even had some coffee this morning, and so far only some minor movements. My allergy all over my tummy came back a few days ago because I wasn't careful with my eating, but it's easing up quickly, and I'm completely avoiding any soy or dairy, no matter what kind of craving I might have, I just not it's not worth it right now.

Tomorrow is my 40 week appointment (technically, I'm 40 weeks this Thursday) and I'm dreading a little that my midwife will insist on checking my cervix. I'm going to refuse, but I hope it's going to be easy and peaceful. I think I'll request my OB tomorrow. He seriously is the most easy-going out of the three (one OB and two midwives in my practice). He has been my primary person by my choice. I hope he is going to be attending for my birth. I really really hope so. In fact, maybe I should find out, which days he is on, and then aim for those lol

Feeling a little impatient and done being pregnant, especially at nights. I didn't want to wait that long, but it gives me comfort that FOR SURE, baby will be here in the next two weeks, even if he is late.

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#90 of 321 Old 03-30-2010, 03:59 PM

Rhi Hugs and keep up updated. Hoping that it's nothing serious and you get your birth center birth.

lena Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. I've been having very similar feelings including a lot less baby movement. I had some this morning...big slow kicks but it did feel like the baby has a less room to move so I'm guessing that's the reason for not so much movement.

I'm doing my "please if my water has to break let it be now" wish. I've got to teach in about two hours. My back is KILLING me if I stand for too long, and all I want to wear are skirts so it's a little hard to sit on the high stool in my classroom but I'm going to have to do something as I seriously can not stand the whole time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page