Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Florida
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in what is hopefully my second-to-last enforced separation from Sprout.
The 24 hour blood cultures were clean, and his breathing rate has slowed. If the 48 hour culture is also clean (due tomorrow afternoon), his rate stays good, and we jump through discharge hoops (car seat challenge, various educational videos, etc), we'll hopefully be headed home tomorrow evening.
My DH has been amazing, sleeping odd hours so that he can spend part of the day with our DD and hours at night with Sprout (so I can put in earplugs to escape the constant beeping and get some sleep). He's gotten our pediatrician to back us coming home if Sprout's cultures are negative but his rate is still high.
I'm holding up on an hour of sleep here, 30 minutes there. Amazingly enough, through the stress, my milk came in today! That may translate to a 2 hour stretch tonight when DH can hold him and handle the nurses!
Jen, homeschooling geek of DD 9 and DS 6.