Anyone else super irritable - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel like such a mess. 38 weeks 4 days. First DD was born at 38 weeks 1 day and second DD was born at 38 weeks 4 days. So, I am surprised I am still pregnant. And I feel so crabby and irritated. I wish everyone would just be quiet and quit making messes. I sat down to eat breakfast today and just felt like crying. Not from anything in particular, just wanted to cry. I am assuming it is just hormones. Anyone else?

Lisa

P.S. And I did not plan anything for Easter. Luckily my mom got the girls stuff and I did take them to an Easter Egg hunt yesterday. However, my 14 year old has been asking all morning when we are going to have our annual Easter Egg hunt. Ugghhh. Is it bedtime yet?
#2 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I could have almost written your post! I feel so mean but my kids just bug me lately. Everyone else does too, but I only feel bad about being so grumpy with the kids. I think I am just so looking forward to having a baby and being lazy for a few weeks that doing normal things makes me miserable.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#3 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 PM

I am done DONE with being pregnant. I am so cranky all the time. And I'm not due till the 27th. And DD was born at 42 weeks. Its still going to be 5 more weeks, isn't it?
#4 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 PM

I'm 100% with you. I'm 38wks 5 days and my others were born at 36 and 37 wks. Ya....

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#5 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 07:04 PM

I'm not even pregnant enough to justify being this irritable, but I want to hide under a rock somewhere and sleep for a very long time.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#6 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 07:22 PM

I'm very cranky and have been for a while

Not quite ready to have the baby yet though - I'm still taking care of some details around here and don't feel like I can relax until they are done (yet I am too tired to just plow through and do it all at once, and I feel DD is working against me making messes as I try to organize....sigh).

I am just now 38+1 so though I am certainly uncomfortable, I'm not quite at that "I'm done" point. I had DD at 40 +1.

to all the other grouches out there

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
#7 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 07:45 PM

YEs! 37 weeks on Tuesday! UGgg
#8 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM

I felt like this yesterday. But better today! I spent most of the day indulging myself in the foods I want to eat which I have to say really helped. I don't have other little ones so being selfish is easier, that said, DH didn't seem to mind the trip to get good pizza, sticky buns, and ice cream. We ran all over DC today. I was such a witch yesterday and so fussy, but today, much better, so I hope it will be the same for you!
#9 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 PM

Ugh yes. My allergies and hip pain are keeping my from getting any sleep. And 3 y/o ds is pushing every. last. button. He's also in the "But why?" stage when you ask him to do anything. Grrr! Of course we had to see all the family today and that was just fab-u-lous...(ok so it wasn't that bad, but I still would have rather been home in my PJs!)

I'm not much fun to be around right now

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
#10 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 08:19 PM

I'm alternating between chill and grumpy...of course such alternating is happening about ten seconds apart with no warning I'm in new territory for me...I've never been this pregnant with any of my other pregnancies, and I thought for sure I"d have a baby by now. Nothing. Even the early stuff has just stopped so I can myself feeling ever more irritable and grumpy. My kids are driving me batty. I'm sure it's me but they just seen unable to not be underfoot lately. And I am feeling very much like I just want to be alone for a good long time.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#11 of 13 Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 PM

I am so insanely annoyed by everything and everyone....two days ago SO and I were in 7-11 and the lady refused to let me use the bathroom saying she was new and hd been told not to and didn't want to get in trouble. And I was SO evil about it. Thats probably the 1st time this pregnancy that I have had a clear sense of entitlement from being prgnant. :/

I pointed out to SO that because I got pregnant right after a m/c at 11 weeks, I have basically been pregnant or bleeding for a whole year nonstop (in addition to nursing through much of that) and I have decided that I am DONE with pregnancy. All of a sudden I am just through with the entire thing. This feeling just hit yesterday so I am hoping that maybe my mind and body have a connection and my body is getting ready for labor.

I really think if I had the luxury of just one day of complete relaxation I'd be a lot nicer lol (and probably go into labor). but I defnitely do not see that in my immediate future.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#12 of 13 Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 AM

how odd...anyone notice all your dates?? coincides with when i was feeling desperatly cranky too though! i also had the thought that it was a sign of labor SOON but it wasn't a sign for me. i hope it is for all of you though!
#13 of 13 Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Yes yes yes!!
Everything is impossibly hard to deal with and I cant STAND anyone.

The only thing I feel guilt about is at some points during the day I cant handle my kids constant loud high pitched voices.
Today will be 78 degrees so we will spend it outside. Maybe we will go out for lunch and I will enjoy one of the last days of being a mother of 2.
I am going to try as hard as possible to do no housework and to take a nap.
Oh, and Im going to have candy and chocolate chip cookies and I could care LESS if my butt gets bigger!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page