Weekly Thread, April 4-April 10 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2010, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(also posted in queer and pregnant) I am sitting on my birthing ball, at 1:30 in the morning, with heartburn and contractions. My DW is sleeping--I told her that I would need her later and she should stay in bed. The only problem with that is not being able to time contractions...just can't concentrate enough (I think they may be every 5-7 at the moment).

Oh, and just had bloody show--hmmm, not sure what the emoticon that best conveys that one is.

If this is practice labor I'm going to be

Somehow I don't think it is--38 weeks 2 days here. Apparently I'm not meant to be at the LAST baby shower on Sunday (or preach than either )

Just debating calling the OB...my favorite is on call this weekend and when I told her on Monday I was on the rota for preaching Sunday with a post-church baby shower that I wasn't looking forward to (just didn't have the energy for shower #4!) she said "well I'm on call this weekend and if you have the baby then we'll have a good laugh about it!"

So send prayers and ELV (never sure if that's easy or early labour vibes) towards the midwest. Hopefully we'll meet our little guy sometime in the next 24 hours or so

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 AM

GL W&H - for timing contractions, try www.contractionmaster.com

bubba - wow about the cord, but a relief to know why! and what a relief in a way to know when and how. GL!!

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 AM

GL W&H! Hope this is it for you!!

Contractions all night AGAIN.

He's grounded just as soon as he gets his cute little butt out here.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Jess, that is okay, you don't need to fee too bad for me. I tend to be much more worn out and emotional by the evening, so I think my posts get more melodramatic then. But, yes, I am antsy about the clock thing. It's not that dh WANTS me to have a c/s (he doesn't), but he is also realistic about not wanting any harm to come to the baby b/c it has been in me "too long" (43-44 weeks). If a pit induction were possible, I would be much more relaxed. I would maybe be mildly disappointed, but not so much b/c it is still labor & vaginal birth. I told him I didn't come this far to lose it all again. DH understands. He does not like all the interventions, either, but healthy baby and mom have to take top priority, of course.

Yah, the internets told me 3-4 capsules. I put a pad on last night to catch any leaks, but there weren't any. Maybe it came out gradually in the toilet, idk. I should probably check to see if they even came open

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogretro View Post
Jess, that is okay, you don't need to fee too bad for me. I tend to be much more worn out and emotional by the evening, so I think my posts get more melodramatic then. But, yes, I am antsy about the clock thing. It's not that dh WANTS me to have a c/s (he doesn't), but he is also realistic about not wanting any harm to come to the baby b/c it has been in me "too long" (43-44 weeks). If a pit induction were possible, I would be much more relaxed. I would maybe be mildly disappointed, but not so much b/c it is still labor & vaginal birth. I told him I didn't come this far to lose it all again. DH understands. He does not like all the interventions, either, but healthy baby and mom have to take top priority, of course.

Yah, the internets told me 3-4 capsules. I put a pad on last night to catch any leaks, but there weren't any. Maybe it came out gradually in the toilet, idk. I should probably check to see if they even came open
I'm the same way - with the melodramatic posts - sometimes I worry that I'm driving the rest of you ladies crazy, or at least that I should throw some sunshine in the mix - but if you can't vent about these things here, where??
And I definitely was adding some of my own frustrations to my response. In any case, I hope that all of the worries are moot and you can have a beautiful, natural birth on your own!

I wonder if my capsules are just higher doses - I think they're like 2500mg each or something crazy. So that's probably it. The gelcaps are a dark brownish and seem to fall apart pretty easy...
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM

just wanted to say wheen i did epo with my 1st pregnancy i always poked a hole n the capsule before inserting them. mine didn't dissolve. you might want to try that...

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

Old 04-10-2010, 03:12 PM

I was thinking earlier that I should poke a hole in them! Yah, I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so mine are pretty small. I am pretty sure they dissolved b/c things were more slippery down there when I would use the toilet during the night, but it def didn't just pour out. That is okay, I might have absorbed it, too.

Jess, I don't think your dh would be disappointed IN you, just more disappointed FOR you. I'm a HUGE advocate for natural birth & I ended up w/a scheduled c/s! DH was def very disappointed for me & supportive, even telling people not to try and make me feel better, just leave me alone. As far as the complaining goes, I figure this is the perfect place! We all understand how each other feels & that we adore our babies, but we are uncomfortable and grouchy! You can't just walk around complaining IRL all the time or people get annoyed w/ you v quickly. It is nice to keep these things to myself & then be able to come here and say them.

jumpers.gif

Old 04-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Pepper, I felt the same way today. At 1, we went home from garden shopping for lunch and a wave of general crappy-nausea-dizzyness hit me and I was done. Skipped lunch for bed and conked out. DH just woke me and I ate a sandwich and feel a LOT better. It was really strange. I've been trying to turn this baby by only lying on my left side and draping myself over the yoga ball and stuff.

Maybe I need to drink more water? I guess if I think I might, I probably should, huh?

And it's downright COLD here with that breeze. But it's nice because the house is comfy and I can wear my fuzzy pink pants.

Hope everyone feels better!

ETA: I'm feeling really weird again... it's this disconnected, on the verge of dizzy feeling. Maybe I'll have DH pick up some Floradix for me tomorrow? If I was having contractions, I'd definitely say early labor, but no contractions. I hope I'm not getting sick.
Sara, I'm wondering if it's allergies. My allergies are hell right now, and I've got complete brain fog and feel really really out of it.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogretro View Post
I was thinking earlier that I should poke a hole in them! Yah, I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so mine are pretty small. I am pretty sure they dissolved b/c things were more slippery down there when I would use the toilet during the night, but it def didn't just pour out. That is okay, I might have absorbed it, too.

Jess, I don't think your dh would be disappointed IN you, just more disappointed FOR you. I'm a HUGE advocate for natural birth & I ended up w/a scheduled c/s! DH was def very disappointed for me & supportive, even telling people not to try and make me feel better, just leave me alone. As far as the complaining goes, I figure this is the perfect place! We all understand how each other feels & that we adore our babies, but we are uncomfortable and grouchy! You can't just walk around complaining IRL all the time or people get annoyed w/ you v quickly. It is nice to keep these things to myself & then be able to come here and say them.
Yes! Totally. If I hear from one more person IRL "soon you will be holding your baby and none of this will matter!" or "enjoy it while you can, they're much harder to take care of outside of the womb", etc., I'm going to just knock 'em over with my bowling ball tummy!
I mean, obviously those things are true, but it is not helpful to hear at this stage in the game...

As for DH, you're absolutely right. He would be sad for me, not upset with me or disappointed in me. I'm somewhat worried about giving in to interventions or pain relief and part of it is "disappointing" him, but he's the sweetest, gentlest guy, so that stuff is really more about me than him.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Sara, I'm wondering if it's allergies. My allergies are hell right now, and I've got complete brain fog and feel really really out of it.
You know what? You're probably totally right. This weather has been wonky and southern PA is known for horrific pollen issues. I feel much better today.

Jess, one of the only times I've seen my DH cry was when we decided to end my crazy long labor with a c-section. I felt miserable because I thought I was letting him down (he sounds a lot like your DH - very adamant), and when we discussed it later, he said he was just so upset because he knew it wasn't what I was hoping for and it was watching all that we'd worked for slip away.

bubbamummy, so glad you have an answer!! And I totally agree - I'd probably make the same decision in your shoes.

Had a bar mitzvah this morning, and all my students mobbed me at the luncheon - "you're going to dance with us at the party tonight, right???" I'm totally planning my outfit to get away with wearing Tevas to a cocktail party because if I'm going to be dancing with a bunch of 7th graders, I need to be in the most comfy shoes I can be in. I'm not used to 7th graders wearing me out - usually it's the other way around!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Alright, my positives for today: (DH says I start the day out so happy and end it so cranky)

- my hemms have stopped bleeding non-stop
- I'm only now starting to experience mild symptoms of SPD
- the step-kids were out of the house for the morning with their mom\
- DH is making me pasta and pesto for lunch
- it's sunny (and windy)
- I managed to weed the flower beds which is something I love to do.
- the new stretch mark I thought I was getting, turned out not to be one, so no new stretchies yet.
- baby shifted to my left side, giving my right ribs some relief.
- my 9 month tea is yummy
- I still have a few items of maternity clothes that fit me decently (sorry Pepper!)

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
Yes! Totally. If I hear from one more person IRL "soon you will be holding your baby and none of this will matter!" or "enjoy it while you can, they're much harder to take care of outside of the womb", etc., I'm going to just knock 'em over with my bowling ball tummy!
I mean, obviously those things are true, but it is not helpful to hear at this stage in the game...

As for DH, you're absolutely right. He would be sad for me, not upset with me or disappointed in me. I'm somewhat worried about giving in to interventions or pain relief and part of it is "disappointing" him, but he's the sweetest, gentlest guy, so that stuff is really more about me than him.
All of those people deserve to be punched in the face! I feel like getting a shirt that says, "April 18" b/c SO MANY keep asking me when my actual due date is. Not a big deal at 6 months, but it's getting old now & really doesn't even matter anymore. Then the response is, "Oh, it could be any day now!" Yes, yes, it could. Thank you. Anyone I meet in the ninth month, I'm not even TALKING to her, let alone about pregnancy, lol!!

I am v determined to not have drugs, but I don't know what things are going to feel like, either! Maybe I will end up giving in and getting an epidural. I never visualize it like that, even w/ massive pain, but WE are doing this, not the men.

Physically, I'm still doing just fine. Minorly uncomfortable, nothing important. Emotionally, Im totally ready. DTD last night & it was GOOD Def needed that.

Jess, I'm hoping that today is your day!!!!!!!!!!!

jumpers.gif

Old 04-11-2010, 11:28 AM

SME I hope someone got video of you dancing last night!

My allergies are killing me too, I felt so sick last night from all of the sinus drainage. Ugh! I took Claritin but it didn't seem to do anything, and the netipot just makes the drainage worse because it cleans even more mucus out of my head.

I cleaned like a crazy woman all day yesterday. I cleaned and organized everything in the house. By supper time I felt totally exhausted and sick from allergies, so I just went and laid down.

DH left all of the plates on the table with left over food, left the new container of sour cream out, and stayed up until the middle of the night playing video games, playing his guitar, and drinking beer. So I get up this morning and find all of the plates still on the table...the cats have scattered all of the old food off of them and all over my clean floor...

Life is so unfair. I wish I had a DH who would just pick stuff up on his own. The only way he would have (made a half ass attempt at) cleaning them up would be if I stood there and said for him to scrape off each plate in the trash, rinse each plate, put the plate in the sink.

I'm so terrified of what our house will look like after I have the baby and can't run around cleaning up after everyone.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

Old 04-11-2010, 12:05 PM

the house was a mess after helpful visitors stopped. you know what - who cares? it didn't matter to me. i just had my little baby boy and that was more important than getting the floors swept. and that sentiment lasted a long time, which means my house was unkempt for quite some time.

well - i am not late, but its less than a week to EDD. my gma stops by every day, twice a day to "chat", but I know she's just anxious for the baby which is making me totally stressed out. can someone else tell her to go away? LOL

okay - sort of OT... do you go to baby showers for people you don't know? my mom is planning a shower for the granddaughter of a local pastor. She is young and single and was going to be living with her grandparents until just recently. Anyway, I gave my mom several things for her, but I just really don't want to go. I don't know anyone else besides my mom (because its just a bunch of her church ladies that I've only met once) and I've never met this girl. okay -so you would think - don't go, right? Well a couple people I've never met showed up to my shower - step cousins of DHs. A sister of one of them had a shower and DHs mom was upset that none of her kids showed up (were traveling anyway, but I have never met her, and will likely never see her again unless there is a fam reunion or something). It was nice of her sister to come to my shower, but I never expected it, so I was surprised when my MIL made a big deal about how we didn't show up.

okay - so anyway, I'm just wondering if I am being rude or are other people having really high expectations of who comes to their events? Its really rather weird too when its DHs family because I don't much care to go to events in his family without him, YKIM?

i went into the city last night to tempt fate, but it didn't work. back to feeling like i will be pregnant forever...

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +

User Tag List