League of Ladies Who Will Still Be Pregnant in 2016 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
I was wondering if we should make this weekly too, or at least start a new thread every so many pages.

Another scientific experiment: Chasing a chicken-raping duck to stop him from crushing your broody hen...so far the results have caused minor cramping ad made the baby go CRAZY. (Baby has been very quiet all day...)

If this works, then you are all invited to my house to chase my stupid horny duck. But I hope it doesn't work, because my midwife isn't back yet!
I haven't seen any ducks around here recently, but I chased off a toad. I don't know if he was a horny toad or not. I wonder if that'll do anything?

Edit: According to google, horned toads are actually weird creepy lizards, and what I saw was definitely a regular toad.
Looks like there will be no labor for me.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaGinger61 View Post

And should we start taking money on who goes first? Loveneverfails or Sara?
Are you kidding me!??! Sara's been eating fondue AND hasn't been seen for hours! She's clearly had *at least* 50 babies. Minimum.

Also, I suspect that Pepper is engaging in SABOTAGE! She mentioned the alleged presence of a randy bit of poultry because SHE KNEW that it would give my lunatic "5 o'clock booty call" husband ideas, thus getting me unpregnant.

That strikes me as a bit low for Pepper to squat to, but this nefarious plot has LaughingFox written all over it. FOR SHAME, LAUGHINGFOX! FOR SHAME!!!!!!!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#303 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
That strikes me as a bit low for Pepper to squat to, but this nefarious plot has LaughingFox written all over it. FOR SHAME, LAUGHINGFOX! FOR SHAME!!!!!!!
You caught me.

#304 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

This incurs a penalty for BEING A CHEATING CHEATER WHO CHEATS. You just lost one day from your gestation. So, even if technically you give birth after me on the same day, I win because you are penalized for sabotage.

LET THIS BE A WARNING!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#305 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 PM

*hangs head in shame*

..but I am so totally still going to win.

If anybody needs me, I'll be over there, sitting in the penalty box, with my legs crossed.

#306 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 PM

It was doggy style and then sitting on the washing machine. I'm not sure I could manage doggy style while on top of the washing machine. The mental image is making me laugh so hard I will probably pee my pants...again.

My duck seriously has issues. He won't stop trying to have sex with the chickens, and he weighs like 3x as much as they do so he hurts them. (He has a duck girlfriend but he isn't satisfied with her.) Tonight was the last straw when he attacked the hen sitting on her eggs, so I temporarily forgot I was pregnant and chased him across the yard and kicked at him. If I ate duck he would be on his way to freezer camp, even if he is cute!

Oh and after that my baby is STILL wiggling like crazy! I must have really shaken her up.

Good luck Sehbub!!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#307 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Pepper, are you also the originator of the doggy style on the washing machine trick?

I hold you entirely responsible for the fact that my husband is now quacking like a lecherous duck. THANKS A LOT!

And Sara is obviously having had at least 30 babies by now. She's *so* kicked out of the group that we forget we ever admitted her.

I'm onto the "pick a pretty shade of nail polish" method of induction. Will report on results once I have them.
This is for your husband.

It's my lecherous duck in action, with chicken commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOQpZmWPmQc

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#308 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:

Wasn't Sara tempting fate by going to weekend conference this weekend?

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#309 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 PM

Just sat down for my hourly dose of LLWWSBP2016, and all I can say after getting caught up on the thread is

You guys are too funny....it *almost* makes me not want to get kicked off the island.....

oh and am I the only one who has decided to stay in the house until 2016 and not go anywhere for fear yet another neighbor/cashier/random person asks when the baby is due and then goes "well don't have it here!"

My 2 yo broke down today, crying, "she doesn't want to come out and see my moose!!" (this art project he did like 2 months ago that he is saving to show his sister) I couldn't bear to break it to him that he will be holding onto it until at least 1st grade....

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#310 of 360 Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
You guys are too funny....it *almost* makes me not want to get kicked off the island.....
Don't worry, we won't actually chase you off, because we fear it might make us go into labor. Right, GTG?
Quote:
oh and am I the only one who has decided to stay in the house until 2016 and not go anywhere for fear yet another neighbor/cashier/random person asks when the baby is due and then goes "well don't have it here!"
I am so there.
I've started being a little silly about it. I was at the grocery store, and someone asked when my baby was due. I told her I wasn't really pregnant; I just didn't want to pay for the watermelon.

#311 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carita View Post
I'm out! And a very lucky day - same bday as two female profs that I have befriended!
Oh, what?? Details? Looking forward to an update

Hang in there, Jess! If there is no medical reason for induction, there is absolutely no reason to feel pressured for getting induced before you are truly overdue, which is at 42 weeks! You still have a few days until then and even after that, they can’t drag you in. Really, I know

Quote:
I know I'm kicked off but had to send ELV to Sehhub and Carita plus Triony, Jess, LenaC, etc. I think I ended that dry spell we were having. Babies it's time to come!!!!!
Thank you, Ginger. I'm so grateful You are right. It totally sounds like more people are about to start popping, like popcorn. No person in this club will be able to avoid it! Even the most stubborn ones. You know whom I mean

Sehbub, I’m about to go watch a movie too, and having some contractions, but all they seem to do is make me tired.

Doc admitted his defeat today and I think he is OK with me going until 2016, since baby is totally cushy!

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#312 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 AM

Erm...so maybe chasing ducks really does do something.

I'm having regular BH, which I haven't been having at all, and a lot of them squeeze so tight they pinch. My cervix is still 2-3cm like it has been for about two weeks, but now the bag of waters is bulging or something! It feels like there's a saggy warm water balloon pooching out. I don't know what that means, but it wasn't like that before!

I'm sure this is just some prelabor stuff kicking in that will last until May. But something is actually HAPPENING as opposed to the whole lotta nothing I've had...

#313 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I'm sure this is just some prelabor stuff kicking in that will last until May. But something is actually HAPPENING as opposed to the whole lotta nothing I've had...
Umm...that's what the case was with my third birth. I bore down with a few contractions and sprung a leak....Dr. ended up breaking it but I suspect it would have gone on its own with a couple more pushes...when does your midwife get back?

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#314 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:34 AM

Haha, I laugh at all of you! Thanks to Ginger, who paid attention in class and knew that I'm at a retreat this weekend. The internet here is slower than 11 days overdue with your first baby (sorry, Jess! ), so I'm only getting on intermittently.

If I could possibly be MORE pregnant than I was this morning, I would be, so HA! I will prevail.

Pepper, are we going to have to vote you off?????

Lena, you have NO IDEA how stubborn I can be! I shall not be voted off until May!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#315 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Umm...that's what the case was with my third birth. I bore down with a few contractions and sprung a leak....Dr. ended up breaking it but I suspect it would have gone on its own with a couple more pushes...when does your midwife get back?
She's driving home tomorrow, 10 hour drive...so tomorrow night! I wouldn't dare hope to give birth TOMORROW. Hahaha!

#316 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:

OMG, was he trying to drown her??

DH's co-workers said, "See you on Monday," & he said, "Hopefully not!" so we shall see.. He asked yesterday when I was going to start taking castor oil b/c that is what people do when they want to go into labor. I was all, "Uhh, I'll take it when I feel like pooping all day." Although it would be nice to get all the poop out at once and then be like a normal person.

May first is only 13 days past my due date.. loveneverfails, isn't this your 23498173rd kid? This is only my second & my first actual labor. I just might be able to outlast you.

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#317 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 AM

Ugh, I'm still here... starting to really think that the characters of "Lost" are going to finally get off the damn island before I get off this one. No, really - when does that show end?! Here Project Runway is almost over and I could've SWORN I'd be snuggling a newborn by then
My status is currently: contracting very randomly, sometimes with piddly little "what is the point?" contrax and sometimes with good strong close your eyes ones (though I'm sure they're nothing like what is to come). Always in the evenings. I always get excited. They always go away when I lay down for bed.

I talked to the midwife I actually like at the hospital, who is on call tonight and tomorrow night. She is busy and has to stick by hospital protocols BUT I managed to get some good conversation in with her. She swears it's not just their hospital, but the recommendation of some American association of OB/GYNs that recommend induction by 42 weeks to avoid "fetal demise"... Ina May's book says the percentage of that happening only goes up from 2.5 to 4.5 percent, and I know that our family's babies bake long, so I'm trying not to feel pressured.

Still... I feel RIGHT on the edge of labor, every freakin day this week. So part of me wonders if there is something that will give me that little push to go over the edge... tomorrow I try Castor Oil, more herbs, more RRL tea, and then in the evening go in to get a NST and AFI and confirm that everything's fine.
They do want to induce tomorrow night but the midwife knows I may refuse. Depending on my Bishop's Score, etc., I might consider induction or at least a stripping of the membranes. I am trying to keep my mind open because if I DO decide I want to be induced, I want to be at peace with that decision, too. You know? Either way, I think we're going into labor within a few days, hopefully naturally.
Hmm, maybe I should hold off on the Castor Oil till Sunday if I have to pass the AFI tomorrow night? Don't want to get dehydrated... but also don't want to wait! I had acupuncture today so maybe that'll do it.
Sadly, DH is just saying NO to sex. I've told him again and again "it's not for your enjoyment" but he is just not up for it at all

I would vote all of us off the island if I could... Hope everyone wakes up in pain or in a puddle tonight
#318 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 03:30 AM

Jess, you are brave. I officially gave up on almost all labor inducing techniques. First, I gave up on EPO, when I ran out. I took it for longer than two weeks. Yesterday, I gave up on sex, after I had contractions all evening that got me totally tired and didn't result in a baby. Today, I gave up on pineapple because I just can't stand to eat another dang pineapple. Rubbing nipples is totally out of the question too. They add a more crampy feeling to my contractions. About the only thing I'm still doing is jumping on my exercise ball, but that's cause it's fun to do, especially while I'm watching TV I have to admit, I'm toying with taking black and blue cohosh in a tincture form. That's my last resort and I think I would only feel safe doing it once or twice.

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#319 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 09:14 AM

Jess, you're amazing. The ACOG does recommend induction at 42w to prevent fetal demise, but you're absolutely right that the percentage is tiny.

Sucks that your DH is so against having sex at this point. Let him know that in 6w when he's singing another tune, you'll be playing this moment back when he said no.

I would like to officially see at least three of you off the island in the next 24 hours, so hup to it, ladies!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#320 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Sara, don't you have, like, 50 babies to be taking care of right now?

And DogRetro, that I have had 50 gazillion kids (not counting the ones I have hidden under my bed) is the strongest point in my favor. My uterus *has* to be tired at this point, and has probably figured out that prolonging pregnancy for another 6 years will mean 3 fewer kids. I think my uterus might go for that one.

#321 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Jess
Definitely make sure you're well hydrated before your appointments. That can certainly make a difference.

Sara, I totally know you're at a retreat. I figured that actually makes you more likely to go into labor.

afm- I had a kid-free house last night, and there was much sex. There was also walking through the park.
Nothing.

The baby was super active last night, and seriously hurting me, and dh kept getting excited every time I went "OW!" and I had to keep telling him "I'm really not in labor, I promise."

So, I was at Goodwill this morning and one of the cashiers asked when I'm due. I told her today and she was all "Oh, so you're going to need an induction?"
I told her that most babies come late, and that induction does carry risks, and blah blah blah.
I didn't tell her the truth- that I'm in a fierce online competition to see who can stay pregnant the longest.

#322 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM

well I believe I shall outlast you all.....ds woke up at 6 AM with a stomach flu. I am currently sanitizing every surface in the house and helping him go potty every 5 minutes. Suddenly hehas become fastidiously clean and insists on changing his underwear after every bathroom run even though they're still clean. so my laundry, which was done lasst night, is now lined up for a turn in the washing machine.

I'm really not in the mood to go into labor or deal with a newborn atm. but it's gloomy outside and a thunderstorm is brewing and they say the pressure from storms can bring on labor, plus we DTD last night so maybe the combination.

oh and lenac, don't get your hopes up about the cohosh, either. my MW's told me not to do it, so don't ask me how I know that it may not work. It worked for me with my ds, but I did pretty big doses then, and even at that it was 4 days of labor before I dilated enough to push. so.....I think it can give you strong conractions that don' do anything.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#323 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaC View Post
Jess, you are brave. I officially gave up on almost all labor inducing techniques. First, I gave up on EPO, when I ran out. I took it for longer than two weeks. Yesterday, I gave up on sex, after I had contractions all evening that got me totally tired and didn't result in a baby. Today, I gave up on pineapple because I just can't stand to eat another dang pineapple. Rubbing nipples is totally out of the question too. They add a more crampy feeling to my contractions. About the only thing I'm still doing is jumping on my exercise ball, but that's cause it's fun to do, especially while I'm watching TV I have to admit, I'm toying with taking black and blue cohosh in a tincture form. That's my last resort and I think I would only feel safe doing it once or twice.
Not brave... desperate! Last night I had some good contractions before bed again, and then probably 1-2 so so ones each hour till about 5 or 6am... I did get some okay rest before finally getting up at 8am, but guess what? All contractions have magically disappeared again
I thought for sure that we were getting somewhere. And then, stupid me logged onto facebook, where everyone seems to think I have had a baby. And tonight I'm supposed to go in to the hospital to get a NST and AFI, but I'm starting to think that the more people anticipate and pressure this birth to happen, the less likely it is. I just don't know what to do and I am sorry to keep on this same track (believe me it is getting OLD!) but I feel like I'm failing or doing something wrong.
I'm afraid to leave the house because I just can't handle anyone asking me anything. And if anyone so much as makes a joke about "where is this baby?!" I get so upset, like I am not doing something right... though I know that I am.
Yesterday my friend with the same due date (on her second baby), who went in for her induction last night, said, "I'm just realizing that, since the same thing happened with my first, maybe I am just a woman who doesn't dilate on her own!". I really really wanted to say, "I'm pretty sure that's not a thing! If anything, maybe your body remembers the stress of the previous induction and is afraid to open up this time". But I didn't say anything, because she had made peace with her decision, and, really, who needs THAT?!

I am out of EPO, the big bottle I bought 3 weeks ago. I am almost out of the RRL tea, which I thought I had way, way overbought. I am running low on blue and black cohosh, which I got from an herbalist friend that I trust, and which I am starting to think has been leading to the going-nowhere contractions every night
Also out of: patience!

DH just can't think about sex, even though he knows how desperate and important the situation is. Probably because it is. I literally handed him a (washed) empty pickled jar last night and said, "if you can't have sex with me because it's too much pressure, can you just jizz into this?". And he said, "The rollercoaster is not running today." Ha ha! I can't blame him, it's awful trying to get in any kind of mood when you are so worn out and frustrated.

I did have him read the chapter on inductions, natural and otherwise, in Ina May's Guide To Childbirth, and he said, "well, we'll just avoid cytotec" and I was like, "NO, that's what they want to start me with!". So, I think he gets it a little more.

Thank you for letting me vent. Things are not great over here but I'm trying to remember that that's only due to others' expectations. I think our girl is coming this weekend, on her own. Staying optimistic.

My biggest fear is that when we finally birth, and make the announcements, people will say, "finally!" instead of just focusing on the joy of welcoming her. But that probably won't happen, right? I just have to keep reminding myself - WE AREN'T EVEN AT 42 WEEKS YET!!
#324 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Nope, I'm still firmly in the club.

A psychic person told me when I would get pregnant (like 6 months before it happened!), that it would be a girl, and that I'd have a healthy baby in April. She said April 17th and that's today...but nothing is happening...at all...except I feel constipated.

I don't think anyone is allowed to leave the island before Jsh! She's got the first ticket off.

I can hear the neighbors outside asking DH if I've had the baby yet, aaah! At this point my DD was already like 4 days old, isn't that strange to think?

#325 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 02:49 PM

Jess,
I had the off and on again contractions at night very intensely for about a week before they got serious. Using that stupid ball worked. I love the ball. Also my midwife said that Blue/Black Colosh is great for keeping labor going once it's started but that she doesn't think it does much to start things. When I used it I was at the tail end of that week and I ended up in labor the next day. Anyway, we also used it right before the water breaking (yes she broke it for me). She was going to give me castor oil which she thinks is better for getting labor going, and then have me keep taking the blue/black colosh. Good luck. You are doing nothing wrong, and you are NOT a failure. You're a rock star, period.

#326 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 05:37 PM

Hey guess what?!

I'm still pregnant.

24 hours of regular contractions followed by 8 hours of bupkus.

I WANT THIS BABY OUT!!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#327 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Jess
Having been where you are makes it a lot harder for me to find comforting words for you. I know that any time anyone tried to reassure me, it just annoyed the crap out of me.

DH considered talking to his boss about not working so many hours this weekend, and I'm really glad he didn't, 'cause nothing is happening over here.

I think I might make a mei tai. I know they're considered to be better for older babies and not newborns, but this kid's going to be a toddler by the time he/she is born.

#328 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Sara, don't you have, like, 50 babies to be taking care of right now?
Haha, only if you're talking about the 13 year olds that I teach who constantly drag me into the bathroom for everything from dating advice to wardrobe malfunctions. Otherwise, I'm sooooooo on vacation from taking care of ANYONE's babies, least of all my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingfox View Post
Sara, I totally know you're at a retreat. I figured that actually makes you more likely to go into labor.
You'd think, right? I've had NOTHING since I got here - no contractions, nothing except the spider in my womb going crazy every night so I can't sleep until after 1am! This posterior baby stuff SUCKS - it feels like baby is trying to kick its way out through my belly button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
I literally handed him a (washed) empty pickled jar last night and said, "if you can't have sex with me because it's too much pressure, can you just jizz into this?". And he said, "The rollercoaster is not running today."

LOVE IT. That seriously wins some sort of award. Were you planning on using that turkey baster that you got for your wedding and haven't used? (Yeah, I know - we all have one.)

I have never laughed so hard in my life as this weekend. It's been really fun. The theme of our retreat is humor, so we're watching lots of Jewish women comediennes - Gilda Radner, Fanny Bryce, Joan Rivers... and I swear that I spend the whole time going "OWWWWW" and crossing my legs because I'm going to pee myself from laughing so hard. So much fun.

Loveneverfails, you do realize that the problem with your "tried uterus" is that if we go into labor at the same time, you're GUARANTEED to have baby first - it took me 53 hours to get to 6cm, so I think I should just pick up the title right now.

#329 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Back from the midwife. Mercy is being awesome. Best baby EVAR!

Both my midwife and a second midwife felt for baby size, and Mercy gained only 1/2 lb over the last 10 days. So, we're guessing she's at 7 1/4 lbs size right now.

DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THIS BABY IS 4 LBS SMALLER THAN THE LAST INFANT I GAVE BIRTH TO!!??! 4 LBS DIFFERENT?!! I could have kissed my midwife, I was so relieved. A macrosomic infant would absolutely have showed up by now. Absolutely, beyond a doubt.

#330 of 360 Old 04-17-2010, 09:54 PM

I think this is it! I just had a contraction that made me scream, cry, and poop, so hopefully we will have a baby tonight or tomorrow
Also - I DON'T WANNA DO THIS ANYMORE. I WANT TO GO HOME (um , I am at home). BLEAGH!

In between, I am great. I am laughing at stuff. But during - whoa.

Wish me luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page