League of Ladies Who Will Still Be Pregnant in 2016 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check in!

So, is your cervix closed more tightly than the stupid packaging on the Ben & Jerry's pints of Chunky Monkey?

Are you feeling baby kicks in your tonsils?

Have you started investigating microtechnology so that your baby or babies can attend elementary school from the inside?

Well, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Mommas of 2016 UNITE! Share your tales of courage in the face of the adversity of perversely long gestation!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#2 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM

Oh, I'm here!

I had the girl at the general store across the street ask me when I was due today. If she hadn't been so cute and perky and highschool and excited, I may have hurt her. She got off easy.

I'm actually pretty lucky, though. My cervix is 1.5cm, 50% effaced, soft, and baby is at zero station. So I'm further along than I was after 12 hours of labor with #1. So... yay. When I go into labor in September, things should progress faster than 53 hours.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#3 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM

Me
I was due on Monday, and although I know that's not very overdue, I am frustrated. No mucus, no contractions, no nesting, nothin'.
Tomorrow is a midwife appt., maybe she will have some encouraging news. I'm very lucky in that my BP is low and we are healthy girls... but I want to meet this baby!
Last week's appt. showed that I was about a half cm dilated and 70% effaced... so, by my calculations I should only be pregnant for another 16 weeks or so.
ARGH!
#4 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Well, I'm not very effaced and only about maybe 1cm dilated (but nice and soft). I'll be 39 weeks on Saturday.
I was further along than this at 37 weeks last time, and that pregnancy went 2 weeks and 2 days past my "due date".

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#5 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
Me
I was due on Monday, and although I know that's not very overdue, I am frustrated. No mucus, no contractions, no nesting, nothin'.
Tomorrow is a midwife appt., maybe she will have some encouraging news. I'm very lucky in that my BP is low and we are healthy girls... but I want to meet this baby!
Last week's appt. showed that I was about a half cm dilated and 70% effaced... so, by my calculations I should only be pregnant for another 16 weeks or so.
ARGH!
Yeah, I totally felt that way with my #1. Being overdue sucks! At least you have us end-of-the-monthers to hang out with, too. I was due with DS on May 31, stupid me joined the May DDC, and I'm pretty sure I was one of the LAST THREE to give birth.

You were at least smart and ovulated so that you could be at the beginning of a month.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#6 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Sme, you're about where I am. At least I'm pretty sure that's where I am. My midwife doesn't do cervical exams unless there's something she's actively trying to figure out, and I'm a boring old grand multipara now.

We're still hitting 2016, though, when we will go into labor and have beautiful births that last under 10 minutes and are completely painless.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#7 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 PM

I'm only 4 days late so far, which isn't terrible for a first timer, but I have done EVERYTHING short of caster oil and membrane sweep and NOTHING. At my first internal of the whole pregnancy on Tuesday, I was totally closed, 50% effaced, and the baby was "low" don't know about station. So yeah, by my calculations, I should really have joined the July DDC.

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#8 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 PM

i'm here! i was feeling great until today--now i'm ready! and i'm not due until the 25th...and i have never gone early. not sure about the 2016 but pry at least 16 more days... oh and i could totally go for the 10 min, painless birth.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#9 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
My midwife doesn't do cervical exams unless there's something she's actively trying to figure out, and I'm a boring old grand multipara now.
Yeah, my MW doesn't either. We did one today because I'm paranoid of going into labor and being so swollen that my cervix isn't even find-able. (It's what happened with DS, so it's a justified fear.) I had to convince her for a half hour that yes, I really wanted one, and it was ok to tell me that I wasn't dilated at all and wasn't going to get discouraged.

So I was happy to find any progress.

#10 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 PM

Well I'm not due until the 19th but I really wouldn't mind going early. I was finally able to get the nursery ready today so now I'm ready for her to come. My midwife doesn't do internals either so I have no clue as to how things are progressing. My stomach is still super high though and everything else seems the same. The only encouraging (yet annoying) sign is more and more intense BH contractions.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#11 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 PM

Me! Based on my other kiddos, this one probably won't make an appearance for at least another 2 1/2 weeks. That's a good thing, because I want this place spotless, and it isn't happening. I just want to lay around, not cleaning anything. Ugh....

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#12 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 10:38 PM

I'm coming from the opposite end of the "I need time to clean" thing.
I already cleaned my house, and want baby to come before I mess it up again!

#13 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingfox View Post
I'm coming from the opposite end of the "I need time to clean" thing.
I already cleaned my house, and want baby to come before I mess it up again!
YUP. See my vacuum/stink bug post in the weekly thread. The attic is organized, the house is swept and picked up, carpets are clean.... baby should really come now. It's what's most convenient.

#14 of 360 Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM

Me! I’m not due till the 22nd, but who really knows. My midwife doesn’t do internals either, so no idea if I’m making any progress. I have been having more menstrual type cramps, which I keep telling myself is good, but I wish I knew! At least I’m feeling good, at the moment I feel okay going another couple of weeks, my problem now is all mental! My biggest worry is that my mom will be here in a week, and I can just see her sitting around for 2 weeks or so with no baby in sight, then having to leave before or just after baby gets here.

~Becca
Wife to DH 8/2003; Momma to DS 5/2007ribboncesarean.gif ; DD 5/1/2010 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg !
#15 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 AM

I'm sure I will still be pregnant awhile.

I'm doing the same thing with my house--I keep cleaning it and thinking now would be a good time for baby. Then it gets all messed up again. So last night I left DD's toys all over the place and didn't straighten up anything before bed, you know just to tempt fate. Didn't work, nothing happened!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#16 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM

I'm here! Still not much going on over here. It's looking like SIL is going to miss this baby completely. That's really weighing on me. My in-laws are coming up tonight (ostensibly to say goodbye to SIL) and my parents are coming in tomorrow for 2 weeks. This weekend is going to be crazy, I'm sure. That's probably not going to help things...

I don't want to do any checks, but I think my MW would if I asked. It'll just give me a false sense of hope or failure, I think...

Going to try to get some housework done today. I'm just so low on energy and motivation.

Thanks for letting me into the LLWSBP2016

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#17 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triony View Post
LLWSBP2016
BEST.ACRONYM.EVER.

#18 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

I had some contractions a few days ago that had the surging feeling I tend to get if my water is going to break with that contraction. But nope. Going to be pregnant forever.

Everyone else gets babies. I'm stuck until 2016.

#19 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 11:55 AM

I think my house officially went back from "clean" to "messy" in the course of last night, but I am waaaaaaay too tired to re-clean it now. Maybe over the weekend. *grumble*

I can just not sleep. It's really starting to take its toll on me. Sometimes I wonder if a good night's sleep is what I need to get started.
I hope not, though, because I know I'm not going to be getting one anytime soon.

A friend of mine was telling me about this Raspberry beer that a local brewery is bring back for the summer, and I told her it's a shame that I won't have this baby before the summer's over, because I'd really like to try it. *sigh*

I had some contracting yesterday, but it wasn't regular at all, the intensity varied a lot from one to the next, and they petered out before dinner. I was kind of secretly hoping my internal exam would get things started, but no dice.

My MW is very "you decide" about exams. I'm glad she does them if I want them, because now that my belly has dropped, I can't seem to reach around it properly to check myself anymore.

It seems like a large proportion of us have midwives. How many of us are homebirthers?

#20 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
I'm sure I will still be pregnant awhile.

I'm doing the same thing with my house--I keep cleaning it and thinking now would be a good time for baby. Then it gets all messed up again. So last night I left DD's toys all over the place and didn't straighten up anything before bed, you know just to tempt fate. Didn't work, nothing happened!
Ditto, Pepper. I do that too, but slacked a little in the past couple of days, not horribly or anything, but I don't have the need to have everything completely neat either. I'm too tired preparing for things to come and then nothing happening.

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#21 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 12:18 PM

I'm still here, but then, I'm not actually due for another two weeks. And I'm quite happy still being pregnant. 2016 might be a bit long, but I wouldn't mind having another three or possibly four weeks before my life gets turned upside down. Reading all the recent birth stories has me a little scared of the actual birth anyway - I'm not too eager to get into all of that. Pregnancy is actually pretty comfy, hehehe
#22 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM

40+6 obviously still pg. when anyone asks me how i am i simply say in a very sour voice "i'm still pg" cause that answers everything.
#23 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 12:32 PM

I'm a homebirther. The house is totally ready. With each day that passes, I eat more of my labour snacks that sit in my bedroom, out of the children's access.

Every night my sleep is plagued by some new obsession. Sometimes it's one of the ladies on this board who is in labour, sometimes it's a thought about me going into labour. Take today for example...my husband has his Crohn's treatment 45 min out of town and will be on an IV drip for 3 hours. Wouldn't that be the perfect time for labour to start?

My best sleep is the first and last 2 hours. Everything in between is getting up to pee every hour and tossing and turning.

I got a taste of what SPD must feel like. My pelvis felt like it was going to break in half last evening. Not sure why, but it allowed me to lay up in bed all evening.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#24 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

I'm a home birther too.

I'm just so sick of everything. I'm trying to remember that in a year it won't matter to me whether I gave birth at 37w3d or 41w4d because I'll be unpregnant. It's only right now that it seems unending because it's only now that I am actively staying pregnant. A couple of weeks won't make a difference in the long term. Unless, you know, I really do stay pregnant until 2016.

#25 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM

well i think i finally picked a name....that should help right? maybe he won't come out until it becomes popular...in 2016
#26 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm going to do an awful lot of pouting if the postpardum mama's chat thread gets more pages than this one.

So, my new theory is this: Baby's not coming because I haven't had ice cream in weeks.
Who wants to be born into a world without Ben and Jerry?

Unfortunately, my midwife has me avoiding sugars, and I don't want to eat artificial sweeteners, so I can't really think of any solutions to this problem.

#27 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Me, me!! *raises hand wildly*

My midwife doesn't do cervical checks so I have no idea how much progress I've made (if any). I do know that dd's head is engaged, but sunny side up, so they want me to try and give it another week without going into labor to let her bulk up more (I'm still measuring small) and hopefully turn around to avoid a long and arduous back labor.

I was all eager to give birth but SO is working a double today and tomorrow, so I decided that the next convenient day for giving birth would be Sunday when he'll be home anyway. My house is not clean again and I've resigned myself that I will probably be giving birth squatting between hot wheels cars and hamster accessories. While gazing at a sinkful of dirty dishes. Every time I call my mom she answers by saying, "are you in labor yet?" NO I'M NOT, but thanks for reminding me!!!!

I went into labor 3 days before my due date with ds (granted I didn't have him until the day AFTER my due date), but it had given me high hopes for a somewhat early baby this time around. I guess I just have a nice, comfy uterus...SO said "I don't blame her, if it's nice and cozy in there, why come out?"

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#28 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
Every time I call my mom she answers by saying, "are you in labor yet?"
You'd think other moms would know better. I can understand it when people without kids say things like that, but other moms should know that you don't want to hear "are you in labor yet?" 437298473 times a day, and that you'll tell them when you are!

My mom's taking the opposite approach. My phone calls with her are more like "I know you're not in labor yet, and that you'll be in labor for at least 2 days when you are, so what did you call about?"

I miss the days when conversations started with "Hi! How are you?"

#29 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingfox View Post
I'm going to do an awful lot of pouting if the postpardum mama's chat thread gets more pages than this one.

So, my new theory is this: Baby's not coming because I haven't had ice cream in weeks.
Who wants to be born into a world without Ben and Jerry?

Unfortunately, my midwife has me avoiding sugars, and I don't want to eat artificial sweeteners, so I can't really think of any solutions to this problem.
Do you like bananas? If you peel a very ripe banana and then freeze it until frozen solid, then take it out and throw it in the blender...it makes a sort of custard ice cream. It's actually really good. You can add milk, and/or peanut butter...or a bit of chocolate syrup if you're living dangerously.

I just spent three hours laying on the couch crying because I could still be pregnant in May. For some reason I suddenly became convinced I will be pregnant until at least 43 weeks. Now that I've eaten (a lot of) lunch, a 43 week pregnancy seems less rational...but you never know. I don't know why, but today I feel so physically done with this pregnancy. The baby feels done too. I'm only 38 weeks so I've probably got time to go still...

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#30 of 360 Old 04-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Pepper- I've done frozen banana ice cream before, and it's pretty good, but it's just not the same, you know?
Plus, after I make it, I'll have to clean out my food processor, and I don't wanna!! *whine*

Hmm.. unless I can make a large batch and freeze it? Do you know if it'll stay relatively ice-creamy, or will it get rock-solid again? If I can make more than one serving at once, it might be worth it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page