Why am I still here? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-08-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So this is baby #3. My other 2 daughters came at 38 weeks and 2 days and 38 weeks and 4 days. I am now over 39 weeks. What is the deal? I have heard of 3rd babies being the weird ones and now I am starting to believe it. My pregnancies have all been very similar and with the other two when the contractions started they did not stop until a baby came. I have been having on and off contractions for a week now. I will have them for a couple of hours, ten minutes apart and when I start to think, ok this is it, they stop. Anyone else on #3 going through this or have you had more than 3 and your 3rd labor was the strange one?

Lisa
#2 of 6 Old 04-08-2010, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is 'full term' pregnancy #3 (4 m/c prior to this pregnancy) for me and my first 2 were 36 and 37 weeks so oh I know how you feel. I'm 39wks 1day.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#3 of 6 Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 PM

I'm only on #2, but I'm also having a few bouts of 10-ish minute apart contractions that don't go anywhere. It's been more than a week.

I actually had more pre-labor stuff than this with my first, with more regularity and for longer periods.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#4 of 6 Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgetown HB Mom View Post
So this is baby #3. My other 2 daughters came at 38 weeks and 2 days and 38 weeks and 4 days. I am now over 39 weeks. What is the deal? I have heard of 3rd babies being the weird ones and now I am starting to believe it. My pregnancies have all been very similar and with the other two when the contractions started they did not stop until a baby came. I have been having on and off contractions for a week now. I will have them for a couple of hours, ten minutes apart and when I start to think, ok this is it, they stop. Anyone else on #3 going through this or have you had more than 3 and your 3rd labor was the strange one?

Lisa
I had a week and half of what you're describing this time around, and never had it with my other two. I asked for a sweep on Tuesday at my appt (not for everyone, I know) and had my baby yesterday. Funny thing was I still didn't believe I was in labour until my mw told me I was!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#5 of 6 Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 PM

My first 3 were in the 37-38 week range. This one went 39 wks 5 days so I thought I was going to die of course!

I did have more "pre-labor" I feel like this time around yet no baby. Second time I tried nipple stim (for an hour straight before bed) it worked. I would stimulate every 3 minutes for one minute long and it created fairly strong ctx. First time I tried it a few days earlier it didn't turn into labor.

This baby was bigger and I also think his position was a little wonky (due to a relaxed uterus) and those things delayed labor starting. His shoulders were sticky coming out as well which has never happened to me before. Nothing emergent. Just about a 3 minute delay between head coming out and baby coming out.

I tried ALOT before baby was born to help his position because I thought that might complicate things.....maybe I should have bound my belly like midwife suggested but I thought that shouldn't have been necessary. He was OA to ROA before labor but he just felt sloppy to me and not very "vertical". Anyway, don't know if position might be an issue for you at all but thought I would throw it out there.

It will happen Mama!!!! Soon!

Mother to FOUR BOYS!!  Austin (1997) Luke (2005) Mason (2007) and Judah (2010), wife to Joe, doula to many, and Birthing From Within Mentor in SE Michigan
#6 of 6 Old 04-08-2010, 08:40 PM

My first two pregnancies and births looked amazingly similar, down to being born at the exact same gestation (40w5d). NOTHING about this pregnancy was anything like the other two, including birth. #3 really is a doozy.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page