Update - we have a baby! It's Deja Vu all over again - my water broke!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2010, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My water broke about an hour ago!!!
It is crazy reminiscent of DD's labor.

DD was due on a Tuesday, this baby is due on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Sunday before my DD's due date, my DH was scheduled to work a special event at his job. Today DH was scheduled to work a special event at his job.

The Sunday morning before my DD's due date my water broke at 9 am. This morning my water broke at 9:30 am....

I mean seriously, what are the chances!! Super excited here and trying to relax. No contractions so far (just like with DD). We'll see what happens as the day goes on!
***Update***
We are proud to introduce Kelsey Ruth born in the water at 6:24 pm on Sunday April 11th. She is 9 lbs 15 oz and 22 inches long.

Labor and birth went very quickly - here is the short summary:

My water broke at around 9:30 am but I did not have any contractions at that time. DH took a nap and I spent some time doing some last minute packing and cleaning around the house. At 12:30 we went out to lunch at Panera where I started to have some mild contractions. We got home and around 2 pm I started having regular contractions. They started out at around 2 minutes apart and between 30 seconds and a minute in length, but I could still talk through them and they didn't seem too intense. After about 30 minutes they started to get more intense and after consulting with the birth center and worried about the length of the drive we decided to head in. Contractions continued to get stronger and stronger on the drive and hurt a lot in my lower back which really sucked. We got to the birth center in about an hour and we were the first ones there! After sitting outside on a picnic bench for a few minutes both the midwife and nurse showed up and we got to go inside. I got settled and examined and I was already 8 cms! They started to fill the birth pool and our doula arrived straight from her vacation.

I quickly got in the tub and within a 1/2 hour or so I was ready to push. It took a little over an hour of pushing to get this big baby out! We could tell she was big, but it wasn't until the newborn exam a couple of hours later that we found out exactly how big!

DD1 was great throughout the whole labor and watched her little sister be born. She is very excited to finally be a big sister.

Kelsey has taken very well to nursing and we are all settling in to life as a family of four.

Nicole

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 12:41 PM

Oh hooray! Count me jealous! I wish you a wonderful labor and birth!!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 PM

That's so funny!!!

Good luck!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:58 PM

good luck

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 PM

ELV mama! It is a great day to have a baby

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 

User Tag List