Quoted: 0 Post(s)

4 kids under 10
#2 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

*crickets*

Yep, you're the only one.

I understand though. That was me last pregnancy, though.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#3 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 09:22 PM

I would also love to wait until my midwife gets back on Saturday night/early Sunday morning! I'm just trying to pass these next few days somehow. On Sunday she can come on out. My official due date based on conception is next Thursday, I think.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#4 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 PM

I was feeling VERY ready, just waiting for the final 'birth kit' to arrive tommorow and then I was going to be good.........

But then all the stuff from my house fire (almost 2 m ago, remember that?) is delivered by the restoration company, so my previously peaceful ordered house is a totally wreck (like the day you move into a new house but worse because it still smells like smoke, some of the items are broken/damaged/incomplete and I am now 38 weeks preggers and can't move anything on my own)
Anyway, the corner I was going to put my birth tub is filled with random boxes and just disarray UGGHHHHHH......

So I suspose if I did go into labor it wouldn't be the end of the world......but I wish the junk would of been ready 2 weeks ago or 3 weeks later!

Sorry to be such a winer!
#5 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM

I was also wondering today if anyone else was wanting their pregnancy to last longer (for any reason). Maybe it's b/c this is my last pregnancy. There are moments when I want it to be over, but overall I am quite content right now. Ask me again late next week when my due date has passed and I may have another answer.

I did ask the baby to stay in until at least April 13 b/c my doula was out of town. I haven't talked to her yet, but I am pretty sure she's back now b/c she was supposed to come back on April 12. I just asked the baby to give her another day to rest. LOL I still don't have a birth tub and my MW was at a long birth earlier this week so it would be nice for the baby to wait until the MW is rested and I have a birth tub set up.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#6 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post

*crickets*

4 kids under 10
#7 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

4 kids under 10
#8 of 21 Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 PM

I wouldn't mind if he stayed in a bit longer. About a week ago, going into labor would have started a panic. Now I feel more prepared (bags packed, etc), so I wouldn't be *upset* exactly... but I like being pregnant. I think I'll miss it, so I'm enjoying my last days of pregnancy.

I'm a little more bored than I was before (unmotivated, I suppose) but still relishing time to myself. A newborn certainly sounds like more work than pregnancy

Aurora , happy wife to C., mama to 3 : and , lost 12/08 & our 4/24/10
#9 of 21 Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 AM

I'm due this Friday and I'm not quite ready for mine to come out either. We moved last summer and haven't bothered doing much with any of the bedrooms since then so we've been working on them for weeks now. which means the bedrooms are looking pretty good but the living room and kitchen are kind of the dumping grounds between upstairs and basement so they are a DISASTER. I just need baby to wait until maybe Monday or so, so we have the weekend to finish up. Plus I'm feeling pretty good overall besides lack of sleep so I'm in no rush.

Nursing a toddlerfly-by-nursing1.gifNurturing a preschooler jog.gif   

ribboncesarean.gifx2

#10 of 21 Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 AM

DDC crashing here, well technically even though I'm not due until May 14 I know I'm having an April baby so I guess I'm not really due date club crashing LOL!

I'm 35 weeks 6 days, I'm having a scheduled induction at 37 weeks...but we are worried I won't last until my induction. So yes, I'm hoping baby stays put just a bit longer! I'm ok with the 37 week induction(I have a post in May ddc that explains more about why we are inducing) but I don't want her to come sooner than that!

I've been having some small contrax on/off, and at my dr appt Tuesday I was 3cm dilated. Doctor thinks I will go into labor anytime, probably before my induction, but we are hoping for another week.

Ricki (36) wife to R (35), mommy to 6 year old DS and baby girl born April 24, 2010
#11 of 21 Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 AM

I want the baby to stay in until my mom gets here - on my due date of 4/27. DD was born at 42 weeks so I'm hoping this won't be a problem!
#12 of 21 Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM

I was...cause I wanted baby to be a Taurus lmao...

But no longer - cause I am measuring 48 weeks :|

My official due date (going by my ovulation rather than that silly little wheel) is Saturday... Doesn't look like baby is going anywhere though. So I may just get a Taurus after all! lmao

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#13 of 21 Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

4 kids under 10
#14 of 21 Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 PM

Well I'm 39 weeks with an EDD on 4/22, so another week to go. We struggled to get pregnant for 4 years, so I'm in no hurry to rush things along. Despite being quite uncomfortable, I'm really loving the sweet expectation of greeting this new little one and am just fine with waiting a bit longer for the reality of sleepless nights, post-partum discomforts, etc.

SAHM to two amazing boys
8-21-05
#15 of 21 Old 04-16-2010, 04:23 PM

I'm in no rush.

We're having a big family gathering in 2 weeks.
I'd love to go to the shindig and see everyone, but I don't think it would be a good idea to bring a newborn to a large gathering of people (whether we're related or not).
I'll be just fine if baby is still safely in my belly at that point.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
#16 of 21 Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 AM

I was feeling pretty patient about it all until I started having these feelings!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#17 of 21 Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 AM

I'm with ya! Im 39 weeks monday and still enjoying my pregnacy and these last moments with myself and DH and our loving canine companion! (new mama) We are also in the midst of renovating/finishing our RV (which we plan to fulltime in once the baby in born and I'm feeling groovy) Which means todays emotional outbursts were over paint colors looking awful on the walls! Why does it look so different on the swatch?! Im glad our stick house is clean and not in shambles but theres something about nesting and feeling at peace with your digs that im missing.. Anyways, I still have yet to pack my birth bag for the birth center, maybe im in denial? But other then some pelvis and back aches, this mama is feeling pretty good, which im very grateful for. I have gone through different stages of "getting ready" for the baby and in the last 2 weeks im less fearful of becoming a mother and more resolved that it's all going to work out wonderfully, no matter what. This baby has a healthy loving mom and dad and breasts to suckle, what more could a baby want?!
#18 of 21 Old 04-18-2010, 02:08 AM

yes, im, def. In the club.

Im having a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks (well...it will be 39+2 according to MY dates ) due to breech with double nuchal cord.

DS came on his own time, naturally AND quickly at 39+3 (just 38mins after my water broke!!) Im paranoid and have been reading that second babies often come 'sooner'. It would all be fine apart from the fact that I will need a c-section anyway-it would just end up being an 'emergency' one rather than a scheduled on and I live 6000 miles from MY family and DH's family live about as far away as you can get while still being in the country (Ohio). His mom is flying down on the night before my section...so...yeah, going into labour before she is here at the very least is NOT an option DH would have to miss the birth and that would be awful seeing as I have never even had so much as an IV before, let alone full surgery!!

I keep having contractions on and off and I will them away. I told DH labours usually stop if you feel anxious so Ive told him to keep me feeling anxious

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#19 of 21 Old 04-18-2010, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

4 kids under 10
#20 of 21 Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 AM

I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday. Monday I have my midwife appt.

The junk from the fire is *interesting* - We tried putting some funiture upstairs and it reaks. Now I wish I would just have the baby so we can get the help (everyone shows up AFTER you have the baby!!!) moving the funiture back out to the shed!

I had another dream last night that I had twins and we couldn't find another baby carrier for my hubby to wear the other one.....but I also had a dream where there was a natural olive oil spring where a friend liked to take her baby to swim next to an overpass....Now what would THAT mean????
Odd late pregnancy stuff!
#21 of 21 Old 04-18-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
I would also love to wait until my midwife gets back on Saturday night/early Sunday morning! I'm just trying to pass these next few days somehow. On Sunday she can come on out. My official due date based on conception is next Thursday, I think.
My official due date, based on conception, is Thursday too! But I have had crazy contractions that go away for the past 7 days. My midwife is HERE until this coming Friday. I need this baby to get here starting today through Thursday. Then I have to have the doctor in the practice deliver, if it goes past Thursday. i am really trying NOT to stress about this and would love the baby to please get here within the next 4 days. Is that too much to ask??

My practice has me as over 40 weeks now, based on LMP, but I know my date of this coming week is correct (just as it was with my daughter).

Hope all of you are doing well on this Sunday morning.

Kristin, Lactivist and co-sleeping SAHM. My daughter is 6 yrs old, and my son is 22 mos old. Would love baby #3 shy.gif

selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif lactivist.gif dust.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page