I want to announce a birth... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...but apparently this one wants to weight 15lbs or something! lol

At 39 weeks - measuring 48!...Great!...

My offical due date is Saturday... This is my second - what are they waiting for?

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post

My offical due date is Saturday... This is my second - what are they waiting for?
Have you been measuring big all along? Or all of a sudden?

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post

48?!?!? I only measured up to 44 with my 11lb'er!!! Good luck!!!

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Wow! I was gonna make a joke about the metric system, but... I got nothin. 10 days overdue and my brain is fried.
Maybe your babe is just really tall
Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Tall...yes I like that...lets go with that! lol

I only suddenly started measuring huge at around 32 weeks - when I was measuring 38 weeks! Which was quite a leap from the last appointment where I was measuring a week behind!

There really is only one baby in there - promise! lol

I keep telling the MW the placenta must weight at least 10lbs! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 PM

That would be very worrisome to me, and I'd want it evaluated further. What are your midwives saying about everything? I know you're planning an UC, but are seeing midwives for prenatal care as well.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not worried. My son was 10 and a half pounds. My body wouldn't grow a baby it couldn't birth. Just really curious to see how big this one actually is going to be! hehe I was hoping for a little tiddler of a baby this time around - thought maybe if I had a high protein diet with low sugar and carbs that I could have that tiny little bundle of joy - but I guess I just grow big babies regardless! If anything, my own personal body weight has been great - so thats something I guess for my efforts!
My MW isn't too fussed either. Though she did say her tape measurer isn't going to be big enough if I end up seeing her next week lol

Really just ready to meet this baby already! I thought statistically second babies came a bit earlier? lol

Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM

I didn't mean in terms of baby size. I meant that there could be something else growing at the same time, like a fibroid. My mom had a fibroid and had fundal heights that didn't match up with the baby's eventual size. They thought she was having another very large infant (she's had 11 lb 8 oz babies at 38 weeks) but that baby wound up being 7 lbs 5 oz. She had serious pain and bleeding issues afterwards from the fibroid.

2cm either direction is considered within normal limits. 3-4 or even up to 5 or 6 and I'd think it was just a big baby who had a large swimming pool. But at 9cm ahead with confirmed singleton gestation, that makes me concerned that there's something else going on that it would be good to be aware of or to rule out.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Big placenta, a nice meaty one! Like mine are!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
But at 9cm ahead with confirmed singleton gestation, that makes me concerned that there's something else going on that it would be good to be aware of or to rule out.
It would concern me too. Best wishes to you!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 04-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26 View Post
It would concern me too.
And me. If it is something like Polyhydramnios then it warrants further investigation.

Hope all is well.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie View Post
And me. If it is something like Polyhydramnios then it warrants further investigation.

Hope all is well.
yeah that's what I was thinking, I'm 35 weeks(well almost 36 now, but this was several days ago) and measuring 43, due to polyhydramnios-and they are concerned and monitoring it!

Ricki (36) wife to R (35), mommy to 6 year old DS and baby girl born April 24, 2010
Old 04-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Banned

I don't think measuring big means the baby is always big. There is so much more to it than that, as others have pointed it. If you did have polyhydramnios, that is a serious serious condition. It can be a sign of birth defects sometimes, but it can also happen for no reason.

Mothers and babies with polyhydramnios are at a higher risk for complications such as placental abruption, cord prolapse, and perinatal death. It depends a lot on the severity of the condition, however. Sometimes it's just a mild or moderate increase and all you need to do is watch things carefully and everything is fine. BUT - if you have not been monitored for this, I think it's important that you do.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by briome View Post
Big placenta, a nice meaty one! Like mine are!
Yum! - Ill have plenty of smoothie to go around! lol

Old 04-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie View Post

Hope all is well.
Not to jump on the wagon, Ann, but measuring that much bigger is worrisome. If I were planning to UC (especially UBAC) I would want to rule all the scary stuff out. PPH and respiratory issues can become very serious, very quickly.

I hope everything turns out okay...

Aurora , happy wife to C., mama to 3 : and , lost 12/08 & our 4/24/10
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM

I guess a 12lb'er would account for measuring much bigger!

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

User Tag List