What is the deal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-15-2010, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pregnant with baby #3. First DD came at 38 weeks and 2 days and second DD came at 38 weeks and 4 days. I am now 40+1 weeks. Why does this baby not want to come out? I keep telling myself to trust my body, trust my baby etc. but I am getting frustrated and worried that something is wrong. I have been having lots of menstrual type cramping and contractions here and there for about two weeks but it never goes anywhere. I thought first babies were suppose to be the late ones not the third one.

Lisa
#2 of 5 Old 04-15-2010, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MW friend told me "The only thing you know about baby number 3 is, you know nothing at all!"

I know you are probably going insane, I expected my 2nd to be early and she was 5 days late, but I was emotionally traumatized from it. I know how dramatic it sounds, but seriously those were some of the worst days of my life because I set myself up for it. Have a date night without the other kids, and eat A LOT of whatever you eat (I like italian!) It sounds too simple, but I swear that helped bring my baby out. Good Luck!

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#3 of 5 Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM

Come on, it is only a week or two or so that is different.
Have you been exactly sure about conception with each pregnancy?
There is so much that can be different with this one.
I know it is frustrating! Did that baby know how long you were preggers with his sibling?

Hugs and labor vibes!
#4 of 5 Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 PM

My mom's 3rd kid, my little brother, was 12 days late - her latest! No idea why, but his birth was quick and easy. Hang in there!
#5 of 5 Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 PM

I've got the same thing happening over here - my first was 39+5, my second was 40+5, and now for #3 I am just past 41w - I seem to be going LONGER with each pregnancy instead of the other way around!

I was really frustrated last week, especially at 40+5 when I realised I'd be going longer than last time, but after a good cry I got over it and now I'm feeling more peaceful and trusting than I ever have before giving birth.

Good luck to you, mama, I'm sure you will have a beautiful birth experience

Happy mama to L (Sept '06), R (Apr '08), R (Apr '10), and G (Mar '12)! - Homemade , Home birthed , Home schooled , Home grown

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page