LLWWSBP2016 April 18-25 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-24-2010, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Due Date To Me!

Today will probably pass incredibly uneventful. Last night, had 3 hours of regular, fairly strong crampy, squeezy contractions that didn't go away no matter what I was doing! I decided to lay down at 10:30 & get some rest & they were still coming! I guess I finaly passed out from sheer exhaustion around midnight, and when a storm woke me up at 2, they were gone. No contx so far this morning, but I am still crampy & my hips feel like they have taken a beating from baby wiggling her way down there. I also checked my cervix & I'm a little dialated, but almost totally effaced!!! I'd like my one way ticket now please!

And, I'm really surprised that someone on this thread hasn't changed their siggy to "expecting a beautiful bundle of joy in '16" yet

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
Happy Due Date To Me!
Hey me too! Only no real contractions here for the last 5 days or so. My hips are really sore too, but this LO seems willing to just stay put! Anything after tomorrow will be my longest pregnancy ever since DD came at 40+1. DS was 38+6, so we are way past that.

So I guess I am joining the tribe, I was waiting till I made it to my due date, and here we are....

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
loveneverfails.

Yup. I did that too. Shoulda known - especially since my DS was due May 31 and didn't come til June.
I still think its crazy that we had the same due date last time and almost the same this time. I also think its crazy that I didnt learn my lesson, and neither did you, and we will probably both have May babies this time, but here we are in the April DDC.
I do love it here though, even though I mostly lurk. You are all keeping me sane.... much more than with DD2 at least.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations to SilverSpook and Unconventional1 on bravely conquering their due dates!

Members of the League, I'm going to make the next thread tomorrow for April 25-30th and start a new thread for once we have together gained Mastery over May. Some of us are obviously just going to be Too Awesome For April, and I figure we can use a morale boost once we hit May.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to say that your posts have brought several smiles to my face over the past week or so. I guess this week will determine if I become part of the April club or May as my edd is one week from today (39 wks - yay). Have to say that I've been feeling similar feelings about being preggo forever. Have had few signs of labor, so this could be a long week or two for me as well. But, your posts keep me optimistic. So, I'm sending happy labor vibes to all of you and would love some my way as well. Good luck!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 04-24-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Congratulations to SilverSpook and Unconventional1 on bravely conquering their due dates!

Members of the League, I'm going to make the next thread tomorrow for April 25-30th and start a new thread for once we have together gained Mastery over May. Some of us are obviously just going to be Too Awesome For April, and I figure we can use a morale boost once we hit May.
Thank you! I think it's a good idea to start a new thread 5/1. DS was due in Nov and wasn't born until Dec, and I remember that exiting my due date month really sucked. Not looking forward to doing it again.

ETA: We're celebrating the due date by going to a local rose garden and taking some family & maternity pictures.

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannabna View Post
I still think its crazy that we had the same due date last time and almost the same this time. I also think its crazy that I didnt learn my lesson, and neither did you, and we will probably both have May babies this time, but here we are in the April DDC.
I do love it here though, even though I mostly lurk. You are all keeping me sane.... much more than with DD2 at least.

Apparently friends who ovulate together, stick together! We must coordinate our next children as well - only this time, be due at the BEGINNING of the month.

I made it through the bat mitzvah! Now baby just has to stay in so I can eat dinner and dance at the party tonight, and then I just don't care when (s)he comes. Except that a golden birthing stool would be a lovely accessory in my living room. I have a spot all set up for it.

to all the new ladies! May your stay here be short and your cervixes (cervices?) Be wide.

WTH is the plural of cervix? Is it like "matrix/matrices"?

ETA: ooh, it can be either cervices or cervixes!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Hey, all, I done had me a baby yesterday! I am going to make an announcement thread, but I couldn't wait to tell you! 40+5, not too shabby!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogretro View Post
Hey, all, I done had me a baby yesterday! I am going to make an announcement thread, but I couldn't wait to tell you! 40+5, not too shabby!
You're OUT!!! (aka CONGRATS!)

Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Seems I have a whole TEAM behind me making me wait to have this baby!
My midwife was away the entirety of my week 39, and now my doula had an emergency medical issue today and has asked me to kindly wait for her to recover. I'm 40+4. Yup, I can wait. No prob!!!!

4 kids under 10
Old 04-24-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Congratulations, I hate your guts, and you are so TOTALLY OFF THE ISLAND!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Congrats!

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
congratulations!!

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM

Thank you so much! I finally got done typing the birth story & it is up now

You can have my left-over labor vibes

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

Old 04-24-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations, I hate your guts, and you are so TOTALLY OFF THE ISLAND!

Yeah, that.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 04-25-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
First, congrats!!

Second, ack, why'd you give ME the labor vibes! Contractions 3-5 minutes apart, peaking and painful - still ok between them. Started AT THE BAT MITZVAH PARTY around 7pm. MW said to go home, take a shower, drink a glass of wine, and try to sleep. Call her if I can't.

Don't kick me out yet, but I can honestly say I never felt contractions like THESE with DS. Wow.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
First, congrats!!

Second, ack, why'd you give ME the labor vibes! Contractions 3-5 minutes apart, peaking and painful - still ok between them. Started AT THE BAT MITZVAH PARTY around 7pm. MW said to go home, take a shower, drink a glass of wine, and try to sleep. Call her if I can't.

Don't kick me out yet, but I can honestly say I never felt contractions like THESE with DS. Wow.
OOO...Sara you might be getting your ticket off...you twittering yet?

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaGinger61 View Post
OOO...Sara you might be getting your ticket off...you twittering yet?
Yup. Updating the feed from now on. www.twitter.com/welcomebabye

Old 04-25-2010, 02:44 AM

Oh Sara is so off the island...it's getting smaller ladies...

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:18 AM

Good luck, Sara!

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
Old 04-25-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:

I'm happy there is a great support thread for all of us late April ladies! I love reading all the awesome birth announcements, but man I can't wait to join the other side!

Also... something is starting up... but we will have to see if it is the real thing or not... DD was born the day after her due date, maybe this LO is following her lead???

Good luck to all of you laboring ladies! Lets keep those vibes flowing for us all!

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Yay for Sme having her baby! I want to be next.

If I make it past 2:38 pm ET today, I will be the most pregnant I have ever been as DS1 arrived at that time at 40w3d. Since that point only about six hours away, I think I'll make it. Part of me thinks this baby must be a boy b/c it's taking it's time like our other two boys. The other part of me thinks it's must be a girl b/c it's being so stubborn like our other DD is (even though she came before her due date).

So, how many of us are left on this island?

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 AM

I'm still here--8 days past due date.

We have decided to break my water at 41/6 if it hasn't come by then. I have fast labors but I was worried about breaking the waters any earlier than we did with my last one.

At least now there is a definite end date in sight. I Love being pregnant but I'm more than ready to meet this little person!

Student and SAHM to 6 little people. Some by birth, some through adoptionheart-1.gif , some through foster care
Old 04-25-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
First, congrats!!

I'm still here at 40+3, 11 days more pregnant than I've ever been. That feels like an eternity.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 AM

Well, I'm off!

Baby girl born at home, Naomi Noa Eiser. 7lb 4oz (only 4oz less than her big bro!), 20 inches (taller than her bro!), born after 26 hours of labor. Mama is swollen from giving birth to a baby with a nuchal hand, but has no tears. We are happy and baby is doing wonderfully! I got my HBAC!!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm off!

Baby girl born at home, Naomi Noa Eiser. 7lb 4oz (only 4oz less than her big bro!), 20 inches (taller than her bro!), born after 26 hours of labor. Mama is swollen from giving birth to a baby with a nuchal hand, but has no tears. We are happy and baby is doing wonderfully! I got my HBAC!!
YAY!!!!! Oh honey I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations on your baby girl, and your HBAC!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm off!

Time to leave the island and join us wearing your PJ's on the couch in the Land of Forever NAK!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

User Tag List